It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Macron upped the pension age by decree

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Didn't you get the memo?

Democracy is DEAD.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   
From the chevalle's mouth ...

French President Emmanuel Macron shunned parliament on Thursday and invoked a special constitutional power to force through a controversial pension reform that raises the retirement age by two years to 64. The risky move sparked protests outside the National Assembly and is expected to trigger motions of no-confidence in his government.

Link

Cheers

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: anonentity

we are ruled by dirty rotten thieving bastards

Only because people allow and accept it. Revolution ends this

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: paraphi
It's just French politics. Nothing to panic about!

The French are not comfortable unless one part of their society is having a riot.

If it's not farmers burning lorries with Welsh sheep, or a trawlerman blockading a port because a seagull ate his hat, or immigrants burning cars because the streets of Marseille are not paved with gold. Now we have people complaining that they have to retire later than their grandparents did. Macron's just trying to get something done.

Ummm...I know...right...just ask those farmers who protested in the Netherlands...

Majority stakeholders in their government now with a 15 seat win in the upper house of the Dutch parliament...

YouSir

They ended up winning 17 seats

Ummm...here's to hoping that number keeps climbing...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
As a German i have to say that i am proud about our french neighbors,...

And we don't hear enough from over there, please report what's going on so we can get a better idea of how different countries are dealing with their own issues and also issues on a global level.

I'm English but been in France long enough to know that snakes care not for bounderies and we're all in this together. Evil, bad and negative people finally need to be reigned in if we are to continue enjoying this ball of dirt with Liberty.

No, not they french people are wrong "only because they are uncomfortable without a riot", those who DON`T do what my french neighbors do are wrong in my eyes.

It has to be for the right reasons though. I'm sure many of the riots in places like Paris are spin-off antagonistic groups who are there to cause trouble and instigate aggression. Euro-antifa.

With the spread through France into more rural neighbourhoods and perhaps more pushing against farmers, what we will finally see are the REAL French making a stand againts the kind of mentality they thought they'd never experience again.

"Vive La Revolution!"

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic
Didn't you get the memo?

Democracy is DEAD.

THIS.

And this happened because nowadays people treasure money (or even their "internet reputation") more than liberty. The French are not what they used to be, they have gentrified and no one is willing to risk that at this moment. Plus, the French state is a Police State, they know everything about their citizens. France is literally an open air prison.

Most of the "protests" you see on TV in France are headed by organizations like ANTIFA and communist groups, which are double agents of chaos. Sorry to burst people's bubbles, but the French are FAR from being the combative society that they were in the past. After the Nazis took over France in just 1 week during WWII, and the Vichy collaboration region, their morale has always been a bottomless pit.

edit on 20-3-2023 by ltrz2025 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

It does appear that Macron might have bitten off more than he can chew. There is a tipping point, its has been three years of constant protest at some stage the system has to implode to get back to normalcy. www.bitchute.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
It's just French politics. Nothing to panic about!

The French are not comfortable unless one part of their society is having a riot.

If it's not farmers burning lorries with Welsh sheep, or a trawlerman blockading a port because a seagull ate his hat, or immigrants burning cars because the streets of Marseille are not paved with gold. Now we have people complaining that they have to retire later than their grandparents did. Macron's just trying to get something done.

That is pretty funny. I lived in that region about 30 years ago and I remember the riots and protests almost every weekend back then too.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The French certainly seem to like to exercise their democratic rights. But it seems all the different sectors of society are at it. So at some point, everyone is protesting and nothing is getting done.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
.... at some stage the system has to implode to get back to normalcy.

There is no such thing as "normal".

Enjoy the ride.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It really doesn't help taking in all the refugees and illegal aliens you can possibly stuff somewhere and pay for them while your people must pay for everything themselves...for craps sake, 2040 French people are projected to be a minority I believe...
edit on 3/21/2023 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Day three in Paris since Macron banned protests. www.bitchute.com... and Darth Vader's troops move in www.bitchute.com... The Parisans chant www.bitchute.com...
edit on 22-3-2023 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: JAGStorm

The French certainly seem to like to exercise their democratic rights. But it seems all the different sectors of society are at it. So at some point, everyone is protesting and nothing is getting done.

I did see that this protest is much larger and more “historic”.

I’ve also saw a lot calling for politician's heads..

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 05:18 PM
link   
And a certain party in America wants to raise ours to 70.

I wonder which party?

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStormv

It is still growing, it looks like the French are definitely going off this time. www.bitchute.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join