It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

De-transitioned girl sues hospital system over breast-removal surgery at age 13

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: tanstaafl
In defense of the parents in some of these cases, not all, the looney left did a lot to put pressure on parents to go along with this insanity with lies, and for fear they would have their child taken from them, or worse, have legal action taken against them for interfering with the doctors and the state.

While I understand what you are saying, in my opinion, that is not a defense.

Long before it became a choice between fighting them and possibly being murdered defending their child against their insanity, they should move them away from any jurisdiction that even remotely appeared to be claiming some kind of authority over their kids like this. It isn't like they have been hiding it.

No, if it happens without the parents being murdered or assaulted and/or imprisoned trying to prevent it, or having their kids kidnapped after they moved or were attempting to move them away from any jurisdiction allowing this madness, then it may have well just happened with their consent.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Sorry I have to disagree.

I'm going to go hypothetical here since I don't know the details of this specific case.

When you have a school counselor tell the parents that a child is having issues and they recommend that they seek professional help.
Then you have a Psychologist make a diagnosis that there is a gender disorder and that they should seek medical help.
So the parents seek medical help only to be told that there is a physical gender disorder and that this, this and this needs to be done and the parents consent thinking that they are doing the best thing for the child, it is kind of hard to hold them responsible.

That's where we are at today. Anybody remember the pregnant thirteen year old that was taken out of State by an activist Doctor for an abortion?

My Niece's husband is a child psychologist. He works for a school district. Thankfully his district hasn't started pushing the "woke" agenda. I asked him what he thought and he replied "job security".

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

Sorry I have to disagree.

It is a free country after all...

So the parents seek medical help only to be told that there is a physical gender disorder and that this, this and this needs to be done and the parents consent thinking that they are doing the best thing for the child, it is kind of hard to hold them responsible.

No, just stop.

It is just plain, simple common sense that you do not permanently disfigure a young child, destroying any chance or hopes for a future family just because some idiot moron that calls themselves a Doctor tells you so.
edit on 20-3-2023 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I think we need to consider the very real possibility that courts usurp the parents' authority and rights to approve (literally order) the medical interference, whether chemical (puberty-blockers and cross-sex hormones) or surgical (mastectomies, etc.).

I know of a few such cases. I'd bet the ones we know about are just the tip of the iceberg. I'd also bet that plenty of these confused and naive kids are being given hormones and even puberty-blockers without parents' knowledge -- much less their consent.

ETA: I'm not making excuses for the parents who do voluntarily and eagerly make these decisions for themselves and their children. As you said, no one has the right to make such decisions for their children or anyone.
edit on 20-3-2023 by Boadicea because: Clarity

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
No, just stop.

It is just plain, simple common sense that you do not permanently disfigure a young child, destroying any chance or hopes for a future family just because some idiot moron that calls themselves a Doctor tells you so.

Is it? How do YOU know that the Doctor is an "idiot moron"? By "YOU" I'm referring to a parent or parents, not you tanstaafl.
There are "activists" all across the board these days. I've seen numerous news stories about parents who thought that a Doctor was a quack, having Social Services remove them from custody.

I'm an Engineer. I know very little about medical issues of that type. On the other hand I've personally seen how far some people will go to push their agenda. I had a Nephew with Spina Bifida, there were some who wanted to perform some medical procedures on him that were totally off the wall. I saw first hand how far some of them were willing to go. More than once there were threats made to have him removed from my Sister and her Husband's custody. The majority of these threats were not from the Doctors, but, from Social Workers who inserted themselves between the Doctors and my Nephew's Parents.

Just take a look at how hard this is being pushed in our society. How's a parent to know what's right and what's wrong? Sometimes, very rarely a "gender change" may be the right thing to do. The problem is that the people that you are supposed to rely on to determine this are not above putting their beliefs in front of what's right and there are too many in a position of power who think the same way.

As I said I'm an Engineer. I work within defined parameters. If I tell you that beam will hold the load that I say it will hold, that can be proven. Things like this cannot.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Amazing that its possible to blame doctors for # parenting skills...

Seriously, if you are a parent with young kids and you ride the "my child identifies as...." train.... go F yourself, you should have been prevented the option of having a child, you attention seeking idiot.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

As I've said, how's it a lack of parenting skills?
Yes I know there are parents who are raising their children to be "gender neutral". When it comes to those parents, i agree with you.
As I previously mentioned, how are Parents, who are told that their child has a problem, who take their child to "professionals" and follow the advice that they are given, lacking in parental skills?

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I think we need to consider the very real possibility that courts usurp the parents' authority and rights to approve (literally order) the medical interference, whether chemical (puberty-blockers and cross-sex hormones) or surgical (mastectomies, etc.).

Which is why I said:

"Long before it became a choice between fighting them and possibly being murdered defending their child against their insanity, they should move them away from any jurisdiction that even remotely appeared to be claiming some kind of authority over their kids like this. It isn't like they have been hiding it.

No, if it happens without the parents being murdered or assaulted and/or imprisoned trying to prevent it, or having their kids kidnapped after they moved or were attempting to move them away from any jurisdiction allowing this madness, then it may have well just happened with their consent."

It isn't like this would come as a total surprise to anyone that is paying even a tiny bit if attention to what is going on in their location/jurisdiction/State.

I know of a few such cases. I'd bet the ones we know about are just the tip of the iceberg. I'd also bet that plenty of these confused and naive kids are being given hormones and even puberty-blockers without parents' knowledge -- much less their consent.

ETA: I'm not making excuses for the parents who do voluntarily and eagerly make these decisions for themselves and their children. As you said, no one has the right to make such decisions for their children or anyone.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Is it?

The fact that you would disagree leads me to question whether or not you possess any (common sense, that is)...

How do YOU know that the Doctor is an "idiot moron"?

Again, it requires some minimal amount of common sense.

If the Doctor is even remotely suggesting or recommending puberty blockers and/or surgery, then that Doctos is either a moron, or a criminal, or both.

I know very little about medical issues of that type.

Gender dysphoria is not a medical issue, it is a mental issue in the same way someone believing themselves to be Napolean Bonaparte is a mental issue.

I had a Nephew with Spina Bifida, there were some who wanted to perform some medical procedures on him that were totally off the wall.

Apples and Orangutans.

Spina Bifida is a genuine medical issue.

I saw first hand how far some of them were willing to go. More than once there were threats made to have him removed from my Sister and her Husband's custody.

I would be absolutely against any such nonsense, even if the procdures they wanted to perform wer sane and rational for them to suggest.

The majority of these threats were not from the Doctors, but, from Social Workers who inserted themselves between the Doctors and my Nephew's Parents.

Which is why I am in favor of the entire concept of governments being able to insert themselves into the family situation like this.

I personally believe that the number of true, actual cases where one might argues that the State should intervene are far smaller than the number of cases where the State intervenes where it is completely and totally unwarranted, nearly or totally destroying entire families in the process of their trying to 'help'.

How's a parent to know what's right and what's wrong? Sometimes, very rarely a "gender change" may be the right thing to do.

Nope. Never. EVER. Again, it is a simple matter of common sense.

The only remotely legitimate argument would be those true but very rare cases where a baby is born with both sets of reproductive organs, and there is a need to perform gender assignment (as opposed to gender reassignment surgery.

The problem is that the people that you are supposed to rely on to determine this are not above putting their beliefs in front of what's right and there are too many in a position of power who think the same way.

No, the problem is that people are far to willing to substitute someone else's judgement for their oiwn, even when it comes to things that violate their natural common sense.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   

That's fair enough. None of this should be a surprise to anyone. There may be a few exceptions, but for the most part, parents should be aware and informed of what's going on in their children's schools and social lives (including social media consumption).

ETA: And yes, too many people don't know how to think for themselves and let others do their thinking for them...
edit on 20-3-2023 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice
Amazing that its possible to blame doctors for # parenting skills...

To be honest, most parents are probably confused and lost. They look to medical professionals and counsellors who they trust, so are manipulated and abused like their children.

Crap. Just noticed I had a transphobic thought. It's a sign of the times when we are careful we don't get that lot of intolerant bigots roused, eh? This statement exemplifies the problem parents have - too scared to challenge.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The only lack of common sense is yours. Get off your high horse.

I agree with you to a point.

The problem is that there are those who you should be able to trust, to give you the correct information, who won't to further the agenda. How does that make for a bad parent?

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   

The only lack of common sense is yours.

Do tell... seriously...

Get off your high horse.

Not on one, just stating a simple fact.

I agree with you to a point.

And where do you differ?

The problem is that there are those who you should be able to trust, to give you the correct information, who won't to further the agenda. How does that make for a bad parent?

In and if itself, it doesn't.

A bad parent is one who actually listens to said so-called experts that they 'should be able to trust' when whatever they are being told by said experts violates their own basic common sense.

I for one, if the need arose to seek medial or other 'assistance' from so-called 'experts', would take whatever someone I 'should be able to trust' might tell me with every grain of salt and research the details myself and then make up my own mind. To me, this is just simple, basic common sense.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   
In all honesty it seems suing parent is the only option. They were the legal guardians and the hosptal wont be liable in some way.

I said this to my mates ages ago that we will see a generation of adults suing their parents. Due to them allowing them to go through with such things at a young age and now their life is destroyed.

Probably be TV adverts like insurance claims popping up everywhere.

Wait until the wokies stop getting their ases wiped, stuff paid for them And run out of cash.

Think we will see quite a few of these stories.

a reply to: interupt42

edit on 20-3-2023 by lSkrewloosel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Where are the usual Suspects ? ? ?

There are plenty of people on ATS who defend the WOKE agenda so please don't sit idly by and remain silent , Provide an opinion I want to see both sides to the Argument .

So far this is just an Echo chamber , I could play devils advocate but in truth I wouldn't know where to start .
edit on 20-3-2023 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel

Wait until the wokies stop getting their ases wiped, stuff paid for them And run out of cash.

Yeah I often think about that , since most of them can't appear to think 1 second into the future.

I have told my friends and family that the sh1t show is only getting started . While the damage has already been done, it has not come to fruition yet. Wait a couple more generations (if we are lucky) when the mental patients who embrace victimization not only become the majority but they reach retirement age . It should get really interesting when they realize what they have done to society and that gov't dependence was not a wise idea.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

that's my take too. I didn't fully consider transitioning until my 20's despite having the inkling that I was supposed to be a boy since I was young. Unfortunately, I have a previous health condition that won't allow me to do HRT, but i'm still planning on the surgeries down the line

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ToneDeaf

start with Jeffery Marsh. I bet he has a ton of skeletons in his closet...and bedroom...and hallway...

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Is she suing her parents for paying for and signing off on this? a reply to: infolurker

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 08:17 AM
link   
You know how we look back now and wonder how everyone thought slavery was okay? And the lack of womens rights? And interracial marriages/relationships? That's how they'll look back in 20 years at us and wonder how did they think it was ok for a 12 year old to pick their gender and have life altering surgery/treatments??

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join