It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegals on Bomb Range stop Marine Training

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
"MARINE CORPS AIR STATION YUMA, Ariz. -- Marines preparing for combat in Iraq or Afghanistan have lost significant amounts of training time because undocumented immigrants from Mexico have constantly wandered onto a bombing test range in Arizona, according to the commander of this base along the border."

www.boston.com...

So what's the problem, why did the Marines stop practice bombing runs? It should have been very good training for Iraq and soon to be Iran. Live fire training has never been so real.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Mabye because marines dont commit cold blooded murdering, what your saying is implying that you want them to commit cold blooded murder.....
Would you like to see marines commit cold blooded murder?

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
To be honest, aren't these places mean't to be protected by perimeter fencing and patrolled guards? especially when dealing with live ordenance? I am actually surprised that not all training camps are placed on the countries borders to act as security in any means...

[edit on 8/4/05 by Klepto]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I have mixed feelings on this. Obviously we dont want to bomb people for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. But on the flip side, these people CLEARLY know they shouldnt be there. Not just because its a test range, but because the whole nature of thier trip is illegal.

A good analogy here is the old:

If somebody broke into your house and hurt themselves by accident analogy. They got hurt in your home, but they should never have been there in the first place. Who is to blame?

I think the Marines shouldnt ACTIVLY target illegals on thier training ranges, but I dont think they need to be entirely disrupted either. WARN WARN WARN then start shooting/bombing again.

[edit on 8-4-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Klepto makes an excellent point. Those ranges should be completely sealed off from civilian reach. AFterall, it's not just a Marine reservation, but there's bombing going on. Where's the freakin' security? When I was in the Army, Ft. Campbell was a closed base and we were tasked with guarding the perimeters when we weren't off on some mission.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
EXACTLY!

How come the US Marine base perimeter is BREACHED by ILLEGALS?

First, how did the illegals come in the USA?

Second, how did the illegals come into the Marine Barracks?

Third, why were they not shot upon?

As I remember our Army correctly; if you dont come through the main door, you will get shot in a second.

So what is wrong with this story?

The next thing you know, these illegals will breach the security of some Other Base, that does not only have Marines inside.

Maybe they were not just your Random Passing Illegals?

[edit on 8/4/05 by Souljah]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The illegals were also training for the marines. If they survive the bombing range they get a uniform, meals, and a tour in Iraq. After all that, they get a shot at citizenship.

washingtontimes.com...

[edit on 8-4-2005 by cargo]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Perhaps it was just a coincidence, the firring range is pretty much out of civilians reach.

I have been in 29 palms and Yuma and I will testify that if somebody is in those areas without water they will die.

So I am surprised to hear that is people wandering in the area and still survived the harsh weather.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
You know .... I was going to stay away from this post, but I can't this is rediculous. In the United States we can get sued for robbers falling through a roof onto some knives in our kitchen. People fall down in department stores and sue the stores for not having a "Caution Wet Sign" and it better be in Spanish and in English or the spanish will sue us telling us that they cannot understand the sign. So the government is telling us that we can put a sign up for peopel that are legal and we have to obey but, illegals we can't use signs for. Screw that, we should have not put any signs or if we do put signs out they should not be the right ones. I mean for go dsake lets not lead the terrorist and illegal immigrants into this country, lets lead them into Bombs why not. Shute, if they are going to run over here through the back door. I wonder why they are coming in through the back door, They NEED TO BE BOMBED !!! Unless the government is letting them bring something that they need over here. Such as Drugs money ... or numerous other stuff that they cannot bring across the U.S. border. BOMB THEM ALL !!!!!!!!!!!

ESPECIALLY IF WE CAN PUT SIGNS UP THAT ARE SAYING !!!!!!!!!

"Attention we are bombing, this area enter at your own risk"

[edit on 4/8/2005 by bet555]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Anyone hear of the Minute Man project? Our government seems to be incapable of policing our borders; so, our good citizens have taken it upon themselves to do their work for them. Perhaps it has caused a shift in the infiltration? Perhaps someone is steering them that way. Maybe some of them will get killed by the bombing. Maybe that will generate sympathy and outrage (a part of Vincente Fox's plan)? Could there be something to this?

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Maybe that will generate sympathy and outrage (a part of Vincente Fox's plan)? Could there be something to this?

I dont know if this is the intended outcome, or even if there is a conspiracy to produce this outcome. However, the illegal immigrant situation is becomming more heated by the 'minute' here (pun intended). If illegals DO get wounded or killed during these training exercises, Mr. Fox will have a much larger symapthy vote from the rest of the world. I can see a lot more international support being generated in Fox's position. Basically, If one of these illegals gets hurt, the world will be screaming that our boarders are not open enough and we are killing innocent people.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I was stationed at Yuma during the late 1970's. The bombing ranges are located southeast of Yuma along the US-Mexico border. The area is desert, with no water, no roads, nothing. During the 1970's we had illegals trying to cross the border in the same area and they were constantly being seen during bombing runs. They are stories of aircraft doing bombing runs with the small 25 pound practice bombs at night, and the following morning the range crew would find back packs and stuff left by the illegals when they ran for cover. It's not possible to seal off that area (several 100 square miles) with a fence and place guards on it. The ranges are located, if I remember correctly, about 25 air miles from the Yuma Marine base.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
After some quiet reflection on this possibly explosive subject I think the jarhead should start napalm practice in the area. Just to give the illegals so light at night so they don't get lost.........

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
After some quiet reflection on this possibly explosive subject I think the jarhead should start napalm practice in the area. Just to give the illegals so light at night so they don't get lost.........

Boy you do like to stir that hornets nest dont you

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Boy you do like to stir that hornets nest dont you

Well they do need some way to cook their beans don't they? Hot rock works to make tortillia's too...............

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

So what's the problem, why did the Marines stop practice bombing runs? It should have been very good training for Iraq and soon to be Iran. Live fire training has never been so real.

Hell of sick quote ya made there. Cant believe you think its OK to kill in cold blood.

I bet if you were there with your finger on the trigger, you wouldn't be able to do it.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
They could put warning signs up in Mexican:

Or they could kidknapp them and use them on medical research experiments and nobody would know.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
perhaps they should capture the illigals and find out where they are comeing in from. then they would be able to post a special gaurd to stop repeats. seems to me if the base commander thought about it he could start a training patrol in the area. give the men some good training and mabe catch some illigals as well. seems to me that this would be something that could bennifit those in training. a real life exercise.

i must admit that all the fuss over requireing passports to enter the us is a stupid idea, when it is so easy to just ignore the border checkpoint entirely. mabe the government should fix the masive holes in their boarders before bothering tourists and shoppers. all that bluster about canadian immigration standards when you can not only walk into the states but to just walk onto a munitions range as well.

seems to me that the minute man patroll needs to be extended. and the military perhaps should be required to help out. heck their base was so insecure that people were just alowed to roam onto a dangerous area. nice job at security guys, you should be rather embarresed about your lack of security. just think if you had been in iraq a lot of you would be dead because you can not even secure a base against non-hostile forces.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
They should bring in the Cammo Dudes. Cammo dudes are certainly sinister. Also they could put up that remote sensing equipment if they have not done so secretly aleady.

[edit on 8/4/05 by GodAtum]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodAtum
They could put warning signs up in Mexican:

C'mon - you're not really that ignorant are you?

Mexicans speak Spanish aka the most widely spoken language on this planet.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join