It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Prehistoric Hero Returns to the Stars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I was aware that the Clovis First Hypothesis regarding the earliest appearance of human beings in the Americas was looking awfully shopworn. Still, I was surprised when this article informed me that it is now quite obsolete. Animal bones from the Yukon showing evidence of human butchery have, it seems, been reliably dated at over 23,500 years old. Clovis is dead!

I found the article, and this related story about Jacques Cinq-Mars, the archaeologist who first dated the bones, very interesting indeed.

An intriguing detail in the story caught my eye. It appears that the Native peoples of Yukon known as the Van Tat Gwich’inu have a legend in which a hero once appeared, thousands of years ago, among their people...

Ch’ataiiyuukii arrived from the ocean and “made the world more hospitable for humans,” Kyikavichik explains. Ch’ataiiyuukii became a leader, and showed the Van Tat Gwich’in how to map the stars and predict animal behavior. Then, according to one story, Ch’ataiiyuukii floated up to become a constellation.

Heroes ascending into the heavens are a common occurrence in ancient legends. The myths of Hercules and Orpheus both end with their becoming constellations. Now here's another such tale, out of the frozen north of the New World, passed down among the descendants of people who were isolated from bulk of humanity for ~24,000 years.

Did they learn the Old World myths after the Columbian discovery (or the coming of Erik the Red) and incorporate them into their own mythology? Was Ch’ataiiyuukii's departure perhaps an adaptation of the story of Jesus's Ascension, borrowed from sermons preached by Christian missionaries? Or is it evidence for the existence of mythological archetypes common to all humankind, as Carl Jung surely would have insisted? Or -- draw closer to the fire, children -- the true story of an extraterrestrial 'mentor' teaching survival skills to the shivering, starving Ice Age peoples of lost Beringia?

That last idea sounds a bit Graham Hancock, doesn't it?

What does ATS think?

edit on 19/3/23 by Astyanax because: sundries

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Some poor castaway from a more advanced culture had to show them better ways to do things. Then they expressed their wish that they be able to tap his wisdom even in the afterlife.

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Clovis is dead!

Good! I always new that date couldn't be right. I mean, sure, it's the date of the Clovis people, but they were not the first people in the Americas.

Was Ch’ataiiyuukii's departure perhaps an adaptation of the story of Jesus's Ascension, borrowed from sermons preached by Christian missionaries? Or is it evidence for the existence of mythological archetypes common to all humankind, as Carl Jung surely would have insisted? Or -- draw closer to the fire, children -- the true story of an extraterrestrial 'mentor' teaching survival skills to the shivering, starving Ice Age peoples of lost Beringia?

Good stuff! I would love to hear more about the heroic tales of Ch’ataiiyuukii. The story reminds me a bit of Maui, the Hawaiian Demi God who slowed the Sun down to make the days longer, so his mother could get the laundry done. LOL

Also, just before the advent of Jesus, when Julius Caesar died, he "rose to divinity" in the form of a comet. Caesar's Comet.

edit on 19-3-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 10:06 AM
link   

It's difficult to decide if I'm more thrilled that someone else reads Haikai or that another Archeologist is finally proven correct on finds in the circumpolar region? Between the dates from "Child of the Upwards Sun" in eastern Alaska @ 11,500yrs
and "Bluefish Cave" @ 24,000yrs in north western Yukon it's clear there's a long history of human activity we haven't scratched the surface of.

This was interesting since we've been brainwashed with the idea Horses weren't in North America till the Spaniards brought them over.

The oldest bone from the Bluefish Caves collection, a 23,500-year-old horse jaw, for example, has long, straight cuts
on the inner side consistent with efforts to remove muscle.

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   

But...but...Clovis first was the final word. The evidence abounds...

Thank "god" for Graham Hancock. Otherwise, academics would have to eat their own.

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   
[post deleted; apologies]

edit on 19/3/23 by Astyanax because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 10:20 AM
link   
[post deleted]

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Native populations of South America and from the Polynesia share genetic signatures. The ancient humans had maritime capabilities and the Pacific was a huge highway of people, specially during the Ice Age maximum, when there were many more islands across the Pacific. America was not populated by the Bering Strait, but by sea. That's pretty much a fact today, but (AS USUAL) mainstream academia refuses to accept it and keep pushing wrong theories because their jobs and money depend on that.

edit on 19-3-2023 by ltrz2025 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
[post deleted; apologies]

I don't know what you posted Asty, but I couldn't resist having a little fun with you. It's actually an interesting find, and yes, history seems to be replete with heroes and saviors who are "upwardly mobile".

edit on 3/19/2023 by Klassified because: re-word

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Let's see whether regular emojis work here

👍

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Here's an incomplete list of mythological figures who were said to have physically ascended into Heaven (or the heavens). Some returned to Earth afterwards, others stayed Up Above. Impressive though the list is, there are many more names that have been left out. Native American mythologies, for instance, are full of them.

If these really were ‘extraterrestrial mentors’, there must have been battalions of them...

Mesopotamian tradition
  • Adapu (Adamu), son of Ea/Enki
  • Etana, King of Kish
  • Sulgi, King of Ur
  • Isbi-Erra, King of Isin
Egyptian tradition
  • Osiris
  • All the Pharoahs
Judaic tradition
  • Enoch, great-grandfather of Noah
  • The Prophet Elijah
  • Serah, daughter of Asher
  • Abrahan’s servant Eliezer
  • Hiram, King of Tyre
  • Ebed-Melech the Ethiopian
  • Jaabez, the son of Rabbi Yehudah ha-Nasi
  • Bithiah, Pharaoh’s daughter
Hindu tradition
  • Yudhishthira (the Mahabharata)
  • Lakshmana (the Ramayana)
  • The sage Tukaram, who was borne up to heaven by a Garuda
  • ...and countless others in the local folktale that feed into Hinduim
Christian tradition
  • Jesus
  • Mary, mother of Jesus (in the Roman Catholic tradition)
  • The Prophet Ezekiel
Mandaeian (Gnostic) tradition
  • Seth, son of Adam
Islamic tradition
  • Prophet Muhammad

edit on 20/3/23 by Astyanax because: anachronicologia

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I still go with Clovis First Hypothesis, as Clovis points are found coast to coast in the lower 48.
There is no older culture found from coast to coast. No artifact of an older pre Clovis culture except in localized areas, and they do not show any artifacts near as high-tech as Clovis.
yes, there may have been a number of pre Clovis groups .

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

The Clovis impacter released more energy than all the nuclear weapons built since WW2 by a factor of 100.
and delivered energy of magatons per square mile from the East Coast to the Rocky Mountains killing every person living in that area
The only thing it did not have was radioactive radiation
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The one commonality between completely isolated societies is psychedelics in one form or another. Shamans have been using using these substances to peer through the fog of human perception ever since there were psychedelic things to eat and drink. These myths come from psychedelic dreams that people can discuss with each other and confer about the meanings and forms as it relates to the human experience.

Also, the minutest of details can be perceived with psychedelics, such as the consistency of certain star patterns.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DirtWasher

So everyone was ascending to the heavens, tripping balls?

This theory I like.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Remember the Kennewick Man controversy from several years ago? Some bones that were distinctly not Native American were found in a cave on the West coast (I don't remember if it was Oregon or Washington), and were dated to something like 19,000 years ago! The bones were originally reported as appearing to be caucasian, but after further analysis it was decided they were most closely related to the Ainu people of Japan.

Of course, this upset Native Americans, because it would mean that they weren't the first people in North America after all, not by a matter of several thousand years. So, soon enough the "appropriate authorities" declared that the remains were Native American after all, and they were quickly whisked away by a local tribe to be buried secretly.

In more recently years, however, much more evidence of pre-Clovis migrations had been uncovered, including the Polynesian/South American connections already mentioned, so at this point I dare say that the weight of the evidence has definitely shifted.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Is everyone just going to act like the London Hammer, found in North America, never existed hundreds of millions of years ago?

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Speculation of this kind could well be the reason prudent archaeologists were wary of pre-Clovis evidence for so long.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Yes.

new topics

top topics

join