It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Honor Of Women's History Month I Give You The Glamour Girls Of 1943

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Came across this on my weekend excursions through the CSPAN channels. There's some great history there.

I've only watched a few minutes of this but it's fantastic. Propaganda? Sure, it is. But it's really good propaganda yet sadly it hasn't totally taken hold. In any case, here it is in all of it's glory.

Women rock. I dare any man to push a bowling ball out of their nether regions. I dare any man to challenge me on this.

edit on 3/19/2023 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Sure they can keep step but swing those mofoing arms.

Jks

a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

But in all seriousness that is some fine propaganda there, get those housewives ready to work a taxable job
keep them dollars kicking up to the big guy.

edit on 19-3-2023 by Dalamax because: Eta

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Not one overweight and no silicon implants, what is not to love!

Women gave up a measure of independence when in recent decades they stuffed chests and rear ends with falsies to cater to media optimal images pandering to men. Some are removing silicon slabs for the natural look. Many developed health issues, there was at least one class action lawsuit against makers of silicon implants. EL grosso.

Nylon stockings, bras, make-up (some carcinogenic), reckoning they have to cater to men by primping themselves sometimes for hours daily.

High heels another gap in women thinking for themselves, 30+ years ago alert went out that women's backs would suffer later from high heels and they should stop wearing them but thanks to heel marketers and ass media heels got higher pointier and more hazardous. Another beef is shaving legs, European women did not get sucked into that arcane ritual.

The women's lib movement partly got co-opted by creepy Hugh Hefner types who thought that sexual freedom was a harbinger for women's liberation so that men could toy with them. He said as much in interviews.

Another problem with many women is that they vote for the candidates that hubby tells them to. Gals got a way to go. reply to: TheSpanishArcher

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 04:40 AM
link   
That was my mothers generation and she was handier than most young men are today. Off topic but that combine driven by mules blew my mind. There were at least 2 dozen mules in harness.
edit on 19-3-2023 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

my nans generation, both of mine where land girls into the 50s.. they where very impressive women..
and I'd not want to cross either..

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: EarthShine

And while women complained about their backs and bunions, millions upon millions of unnamed and unacknowledged men gave their limbs, sanity and LIVES fighting to protect these women, who stayed home and stuffed their closets full of designer shoes.
Yes, women do have a long way to go to equal men and thanks to the compassion of men, they will never achieve equality in this area.

Men: "INCOMING!!!"

Women: "Shoe sale!"

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kaiju

And while women complained about their backs and bunions, millions upon millions of unnamed and unacknowledged men gave their limbs, sanity and LIVES fighting to protect these women, who stayed home and stuffed their closets full of designer shoes.
Yes, women do have a long way to go to equal men and thanks to the compassion of men, they will never achieve equality in this area.

Men: "INCOMING!!!"

Women: "Shoe sale!"

^^^How to tell the world you didn't watch the video without telling the world you didn't watch the video...

And then spew craptastic crap to drive the truth home.

Good job!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
That was my mothers generation and she was handier than most young men are today. Off topic but that combine driven by mules blew my mind. There were at least 2 dozen mules in harness.

Huh, I missed that. Must be losing me marbles.

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: Kaiju

^^^How to tell the world you didn't watch the video without telling the world you didn't watch the video...

And then spew craptastic crap to drive the truth home.

Good job!!!

Gods, this made me laugh so hard. Thanks, B.

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Indeed.

My Mom could plant crops, chop firewood, out shoot most men, and raise six kids--my grandma did the same. Yet they were most assuredly capable of primping with the best of 'em. My Dad, and Grandpa, certainly thought so!

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: EarthShine
Not one overweight and no silicon implants, what is not to love!

And none with penises....as it should be.
What is not to love indeed !
edit on 19-3-2023 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The stupidity of the Left is their representation of "strong women" as beating men in fistfights or as hardass CEOs when the women of past generations could do so much more of real substance and still retain their femininity while raising large families of 5 or more children. All this equity garbage does is throw up barriers for men while promoting unrealistic expectations of women - making neither group happier or more capable.
edit on 19-3-2023 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 05:47 PM
link   
All the girls of that era had exactly the same hair-style. I recognise it from the old photos of my mother.

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Wasn't feminism supposed to end all that oppression though?
jkjk

Women of yesteryear were a different breed.
Many say men were too.

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: havok

Wasn't feminism supposed to end all that oppression though?
jkjk

Women of yesteryear were a different breed.
Many say men were too.

Absolutely !!!

Both sexes would never stand for today's CHILDISH woke bullsyte !!
edit on 19-3-2023 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: havok

You have to remember that "feminism" actually got its start before my Grandmother was even born.

The right for women to vote, etc...

Modern feminism is, in many ways, a bastardization of what my Grandmother lived as a single mom in the 1920's. That was a societal taboo in many ways--her response was "# off, I'll do what I need to do to feed my sons, and my daughter." Of course, she didn't actually say #, she was much too polite--she just ignored 'em into oblivion.

I never once wondered where my Mom got it from...😏.

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Another beef is shaving legs, European women did not get sucked into that arcane ritual.

Just a personal opinion that will probly get me hung drawn and quartered ; )

l'll pass on the women with hairy legs, moustaches, single caterpillar eyebrow and hairy armpits.

Nothing wrong with femininity.

Saint George's Terrace in Perth West Australia has a reputation for being windy. Something about tall buildings creating a wind tunnel. When the lassies wore their mini skirts on windy days, there were many a man with a smile on his face.

Biological fact: Women and children can't grow beards. - that leaves the men folk for the beard growing.

Time to give up that arcane ritual.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 03:00 AM
link   
If you ever studied sociology and seen 'arcane' body adorning and body manipulation practices from Africa to Asia that define beauty, accepted mores, find that some women, others elongate ears or adopt other practices others might consider so garish and grotesque they make them shudder!

Sociology helps hone the thinking mind. What is defined as feminine usually society defined a result of sometimes arbitrary parameters that then become imbedded in the cortex as more or less desirable or even 'abominable.' Some gals will develop mental disorders or commit suicide that they do not conform to media mirages of their profile.

Facebook was started with an eye to reward visually attractive countenances by whose stick? That practice changed early on.

Much a result of mass media narrowly defining what practices women should do to stay skinny except in selected places add more weight but recently add a more spacious derriere, inviting lips, bigger cleavage, ad nauseum list goes on.

Just how many products does who want to sell to whom? Let's promote skinny legs, now fat rear ends.

Mass media knows how to grow bank accounts brainwashing men and women sin duda to what is visually tolerable pandering to advertisers using SEO to find what attracts more dinero, what is acceptable, barely tolerable or extremely desirable to attract and retain interest in the opposite sex.

A classic example is the gentlemen prefer blondes mantra. Many blondes are bleached. Men might have a hard time explaining why they want to make love with a woman who hit the bottle polluting the environment an unintended consequence.

Also if men really cared about future gens they might be more interested in finding a discriminating female who does not bleach, nip and tuck, cover up or otherwise continually waste time and money her or theirs to redesign their body to fool men! They could be learning home cooking or gardening, learning how to chop wood or use a chainsaw.

I would prefer a woman with heart, ethics, wit, educated preferably, a good conversationalist or a drinking or smoking buddy who likes to party.

In some areas men may prefer women comfy with a compass, gun or with ability to fix what is broken like maybe the mower or vehicle

Conflict resolution skills should be a sine qua but if all one is enamored of is bra size and carcinogenic red lips then different strokes for different folks. Billions of dollars on cosmetics, also pet supplies and Halloween costumes could educate more, provide housing, food, new energy source development.

Humans lacking ergonomic or critical thinking will continue practicing sheep like behaviors which change with each new product developed for the next big thang or style corpses need to market to meet portfolio analyst analytics via creative commercials & SEO analysis. Herzog says in Saul Bellow's book: I reject your definition of me!

a reply to: NewNobodySpecial268

edit on America/ChicagoamMon, 20 Mar 2023 03:13:44 -050031034403133America/Chicago by EarthShine because: add info

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
Came across this on my weekend excursions through the CSPAN channels. There's some great history there.

I've only watched a few minutes of this but it's fantastic. Propaganda? Sure, it is. But it's really good propaganda yet sadly it hasn't totally taken hold. In any case, here it is in all of it's glory.

Women rock. I dare any man to push a bowling ball out of their nether regions. I dare any man to challenge me on this.

the calutron gals were pretty special too.
calutron girls

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 06:18 AM
link   

It is what one finds attractive I spose, defined from within or without.

I'm too old for that sort stuff these days, yet I can still appreciate a pretty girl.

Amazigh girls with the henna tattoos, Indian girls can really wear gold . . .

I might be old fashioned and out of touch, but I still reckon the ladies like to feel attractive,

. . . and to be told so, every now and then.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Go back to around 2:38.

They put in a plug about the "Husky" women.

Well if the men couldn't be expected to return to the farm after they had been to Paris. It was only fair that women would not be be expected to return to the kitchen after bringing home the bacon.

Just saying.

new topics

top topics

join