It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vegans not able to understand animal by products.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 12:46 AM
link   
My children asked me where gelatine comes from, i told them it comes from animals after slaughter.

I explained the bones are boiled up, and tendons etc, then the gelatin is extracted. They understood.

Though they asked what about other bits like the skin, I explained this is tanned, and treated and becomes leather.

I explained that animal skins have been used for thousands of years, it’s versatile used for clothing, shoes, protection, horse saddles, soles of shoes.

I explained that full leather shoes are awesome, I told them I rebuild my leather shoes as they are a sustainable product.

I explained that rubber soled shoes are throwaway items, and end up in land fill.

I showed them a paid of shoes that j have had for 29 years, resoled twice, though still going strong.

Though they found this odd website: genv.org...

It’s well written brain washing.

Though I explained to them that they don’t tell you that the remains are used for leather, other uses, such as fertiliser that grows their veggies…lol

edit on 19-3-2023 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2023 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

I was vegan for many years... Then I found I am mostly allergic to vegetables and many fruits due to my oxalate and salycilate intolerance .. I had so much pain in my body .... As well as immune condition
Last 3 months on a carnivore diet . Feeling great .. my body is better . My digestion is better .. over all feeling much better.. plus am O- blood type which doesn't do well as vegan in the first place .
I eat only organic meats
Never understood the militant vegans and their dogma even when I was vegan.. there was a time in my life it served me . I lost 110 kilos in 12 months as a vegan .. it was weight I had put on after a bad car accident.....
Food intake should be based on what is required and not some fanatical dogmatic practice that becomes almost religious
Plus vegans who buy fruit and veg from regular supermarkets ingest so many chemicals pesticides and fungicides ..and don't get me started on the fake meats and what is in that
edit on 19-3-2023 by Hiram33 because: Added comment

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Curious? How did you discover your allergy to the two things you stated. My father suffers so bad from arthritis and other pain, I am convinced he should give up gluten (which he did for a year, and had notable differences) and nightshades both of which i am allergic or strongly intolerant to. But try telling an 81 ur old alcoholic Irishman who is addicted to potatoes. reply to: Hiram33

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

My naturopath gave me a blood test ... It's like home test . Puncture finger and add blood on this card on many patches. Then send to lab...and they run tests...
I had arthritis like symptoms as part of my immune response too. cutting out the allergens has helped 90 percent so far. Lot of people have cured immune conditions trough the carnivore diet. I was sceptical but gave it a go ... Works for me....
Mental clarity...focus...better sleep.... Way less pain... Better digestion .. my skin is better.... Mood is better . Sleep better .. list goes on
Much can be said on oxalate and salicylate issues in the modern world more have sensitivities to it then is realised and it builds over time too until the body has immune responses to it ... I blame modern industrial farming too..
You know plants are a living organism ... They know they are Being factory farmed on some level...it changes the profile of the food it's not like it would be in the wild that's for sure... It's insane what's happened to food in the last 150 years and where it is now how they want to change it even more into bugs and paste and lab grown cancer cells as "meat" ...
I ponder what It would take to get the world eating paste and bugs. Massive famine and starvation how the masses would Bend the knee and beg for their rations of bugs and paste .. or how to get someone to agree to owning nothing how bad must is be before that it seems like a sweet deal you know
From our current time it seems like a joke .. some years of heavy wars and food shortages and deaths on mass scale....owning nothing and bugs and paste may seem like a paradise to what was endured before
edit on 19-3-2023 by Hiram33 because: Added comment

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I really don't understand why people need to be discriminated for their love for animals.

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hiram33

I was vegan for many years... Then I found I am mostly allergic to vegetables and many fruits due to my oxalate and salycilate intolerance

Glad to hear you found the answer so many of us have/had been looking for for so long...

But to clarify - and address Cloudbuster's comment about an allergy...

It isn't an intolerance, and it isn't an allergy. Oxalates are just one of many naturally occurring toxins called 'anti-nutrients' that are found in plants. Other examples are lectins, phytates and goitrogens, but again, there are many.

Some people are less tolerant than others, but their negative effects are cumulative will negatively impact the health of everyone over time, but the how bad and when depends on how much of which ones you are ingesting.

Here is an excellent shorter explanation of this simple truth by neurosurgical resident and expert in human nutrition, Dr. Anthony Chaffee:

plus am O- blood type which doesn't do well as vegan in the first place .

I went down the 'Blood Type Diet' rabbit hole decades ago, but learned it is mostly bogus. Human beings are human beings, and while it is true that there is a certain degree of 'uniqueness' to each one of us, it is only in terms of degrees - some are more tolerant of different toxins, some may do a little better on certain types of animal foods, but in the end, we are all homo sapiens, and like every other animal species on the planet, there is an ideal diet for all of us.

I eat only organic meats

While it is true that grass fed/finished is best, it is actually only marginally better for most people than the cheaper regular commercial meats. The most important thing is to not be afraid of the fats, they are extremely important, and should make up at least 565% of your calories for each meal, although many people find they do best taking that number up to 80%. But some people, like Michaela Peterson, have autoimmune issues to such an extreme degree that she cannot even tolerate pastured pork.

Never understood the militant vegans and their dogma even when I was vegan.

I agree. Some vegans are radically militant, even to the point of making repeated and voluminous death threats to those espousing the carnivore diet.

On the other hand, I've never seen even one carnivore that cares what others eat, beyond simply informing people of the truth that there are actually solutions to all of the so-called systemic modern day diseases.

there was a time in my life it served me . I lost 110 kilos in 12 months as a vegan .. it was weight I had put on after a bad car accident.....

The reason most people who go vegan experience good or even great results initially, is not because of what they are eating, it is because of what they stop eating - all of the garbage processed foods and sugar. Depending on what they are eating, and what they are supplementing with, they can last for some time, but they all will eventually go down hill. There are literally tons of people online who have told their stories, going vegetarian/vegan and experiencing good results, but never resolving all of their problems, then after a year, or 3, or 5 or even more, their health just gets so bad that they had to try something extreme like going carnivore, to their amazement find that it resolves all of their health problems, even the niggling ones that never resolved during their vegan/vegetarian days.

Food intake should be based on what is required

Yes, but the trick there is learning what is actually required, and understanding all of the big lies that we've been fed (pun intended) for the last 60+ years - lies like 'saturated fat/cholesterol is bad', 'saturated fat/cholesterol cause heart disease', meat causes bowel and other kinds of cancer', etc etc ad nauseum. Just one of her short versions from 9 years ago:

Plus vegans who buy fruit and veg from regular supermarkets ingest so many chemicals pesticides and fungicides

Per the 1990 study by Dr. Bruce Ames mentioned in the first video above by Dr. Chaffee, a whopping 99.99% of the pesticides people consume when eating plants are produced by the plants themselves.

and don't get me started on the fake meats and what is in that

Yep... it is disgusting.

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I was vegan for many years... Then I found I am mostly allergic to vegetables and many fruits due to my oxalate and salycilate intolerance .. I had so much pain in my body .... As well as immune condition
Last 3 months on a carnivore diet . Feeling great .. my body is better . My digestion is better .. over all feeling much better.. plus am O- blood type which doesn't do well as vegan in the first place .

ALL humans are "allergic" to vegetables, by default. They are inflammatory for every human. That's why vegans are always farting and burping continuously. True that some people experience the inflammation more than others, but they ALL inflame with vegetables. We are meat (particularly organs) eaters.

edit on 19-3-2023 by ltrz2025 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I eat only organic meats
Never understood the militant vegans and their dogma even when I was vegan.. there was a time in my life it served me . I lost 110 kilos in 12 months as a vegan .. it was weight I had put on after a bad car accident.....
Food intake should be based on what is required and not some fanatical dogmatic practice that becomes almost religious
Plus vegans who buy fruit and veg from regular supermarkets ingest so many chemicals pesticides and fungicides ..and don't get me started on the fake meats and what is in that

This is interesting. Many people, many different needs. Maybe since we were once more hunter/gatherers we didn't end up settled into routines of eating the same thing over and over, also in large quantities to cause build up of toxins. Regional differences maybe happened genetically due to this.

I was a vegetarian for two years, nothing timewise really but at the time I was massively into dance and was cycling /weightlifting as part of my training as well. Despite my increasing fitness I always felt weak, recovery times too long. When I started eating meat again it resolved. Was never into those fake meats, they look and smell odd.

On the other hand, I raise rabbits. They get eaten. I've heard a few stories from other breeders who ended up mostly eating rabbit which aggravated or caused their gout. Not surprisingly, it was the meat at hand and they knew it was raised without chemicals/preservatives so they didn't suspect that it was the cause for years. It's healthy meat but not in large amounts for those who have sensitivities. I work in a nursery that also sells animal feed and many people have pets with sensitivities to certain meats too.

Everything in moderation as my grandma used to say.

top topics

join