It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Give Up, Keep Trying, You Can Do It!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 04:03 PM
link   

God be with you all and keep you all!

If You Only Knew the Gift God Has For You By Robert Clifton Robinson on May 14, 2014

Many people live out their lives without knowing how greatly they are loved by God. There are things which He has prepared for you that are beyond your present ability to understand. It is His desire to bless your life in every way. The beginning of these blessings starts when you enter into a personal relationship with Him.

If Religion, Church and Religious people have turned you off from any further inquiry of God–may I humbly suggest that your read the following story that is certain to reveal God to you in a way that you have never know before...

[full story] If You Only Knew the Gift God Has For You

The Lord Bless You and Keep You & Go Ye Now In Peace Combined 2019
edit on 18-3-2023 by WatchinforJesus because: YouTube link wasn't working

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: WatchinforJesus

I appreciate the sentiment. But, like many others, I have tried religion to no avail. I do believe there is benefit to giving thanks to higher beings for the positive things in one's life. Forgiveness, love, and faith all provide something. However, amongst my stay in religion I never had a revelation. God never talked to me and I never suddenly realized "the truth" of anything. I had some interesting "spiritual" experiences. But probably nothing that couldn't be derived from any other faith.

My conclusion was that the actual act of faith, love, forgiveness and positivity was the only real thing. Any theology was a just background noise in such affairs.

That being said, I do believe there is much more to this reality. But if this standard notion of "god" was real - he'd actually do something to reveal himself and make his presence known. I think the truth is more complex or perhaps more simple.

I wish you luck in your pursuit of truth and peace. I just don't think religion is what's going to do it for everyone. I think people, like myself, need something much more tangible and evident. Hopefully we will all find that one day.
edit on 18-3-2023 by Turquosie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I would suggest to you that the Universe is indifferent to our existence.

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Turquosie

Well , I say the thread's title is for you :

Don't Give Up, Keep Trying, You Can Do It!!

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Video link fixed

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 09:59 PM
link   

My conclusion was that the actual act of faith, love, forgiveness and positivity was the only real thing

You have learned what Jesus meant when he said, "I desire mercy, not sacrifice."
"Religious people" will never understand that.
Kudos, Turquoise.

edit on 18-3-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie
... But if this standard notion of "god" was real - he'd actually do something to reveal himself and make his presence known. ...

“If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be persuaded if someone rises from the dead.” (Luke 16:31)

Matthew 12:38-40:

Then as an answer to him [Jesus], some of the scribes and the Pharisees said: “Teacher, we want to see a sign from you.” 39 In reply he said to them: “A wicked and adulterous generation keeps on seeking a sign,* [Or “miraculous proof.”] but no sign will be given it except the sign of Joʹnah the prophet. 40 For just as Joʹnah was in the belly of the huge fish for three days and three nights, so the Son of man [Jesus] will be in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights.

The religious scribes and Pharisees wanted a sign from Jesus Christ, to convince them that he was the Messiah. They required that he make a visible appearance in the sky, one of great power and glory, so that all could see with their natural eyes. But he refused.

We could similarly be mistaken by having such an expectation, looking for some spectacular miracle, to convince us. God will not provide special signs or miracles to convince people. They must read and apply the Scriptures if they would obtain his favor. Besides, just as there were plenty of evidences when Jesus was on earth to accept Jesus as the Messiah, so today there is strong proof of his now being active in earth’s affairs.

Consequently, it is good to examine closely to see what the Bible says are the evidences of Christ’s presence and the approach of his thousand-year rule over earth. But in your case, I'd say some additional historical and prophetic background may be useful first (cause it sounds like the things you know about the Bible are limited to what you have been taught by Babylon the Great/false religion, which includes Christendom).

Or you can start at the beginning of the playlist that contains the documentary above (concerning evidence for God's existence first):

Real science, knowledge of realities compared to unverified philosophies and stories

It also contains more information about Babylon the Great, starting with the Isaac Newton video (nr. 43 now).

edit on 19-3-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Amen.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Video link fixed

Thank you very much! I'm not sure where I went wrong with embedding the link, I just clicked the YouTube button and dropped the link in (like for the quotes and bold features). Is there another step?

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I appreciate the sentiment. But, like many others, I have tried religion to no avail. I do believe there is benefit to giving thanks to higher beings for the positive things in one's life. Forgiveness, love, and faith all provide something. However, amongst my stay in religion I never had a revelation. God never talked to me and I never suddenly realized "the truth" of anything. I had some interesting "spiritual" experiences. But probably nothing that couldn't be derived from any other faith. My conclusion was that the actual act of faith, love, forgiveness and positivity was the only real thing. Any theology was a just background noise in such affairs. That being said, I do believe there is much more to this reality. But if this standard notion of "god" was real - he'd actually do something to reveal himself and make his presence known. I think the truth is more complex or perhaps more simple. I wish you luck in your pursuit of truth and peace. I just don't think religion is what's going to do it for everyone. I think people, like myself, need something much more tangible and evident. Hopefully we will all find that one day.

I don't know your story and am not pretending to understand you or force my beliefs on you, I just want to share encouragement. I hope and pray that you will see God and His work.

I have personally witnessed God answering my prayers and I have called on Jesus (Yeshua) many times when I was struggling and He has answered me. The times when I think He didn't answer, when I look back, I think the lack of an answer was His answer (if that makes sense). God has helped me through every struggle and it is because of Him that I'm here. It is a daily battle that I think we have to gear up for (the armor of God; Ephesians 6:10-18 ) and it doesn't mean life will be ethereal or flawless, but the struggle is worth it, because what God has prepared for us is better than anything we can imagine (1 Corinthians 2:9-11). I really believe that and have great hope in it. There is a peace that God gives that makes things bearable and a joy that overshadows pain. I think people fight against powers and principalities, and also against ourselves. Submitting to anyone is hard, especially if that is not our culture (it's not). Submitting to God, who has a plan and a way He wants things done is a hard concept. But my mind keeps going back to Jesus and how He died for me and cleared all my sins away. I don't know if this is how He will look, but I imagine Him perfect, shining, eyes blazing, but still covered in the scars he got on our behalf.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Consequently, it is good to examine closely to see what the Bible says are the evidences of Christ’s presence and the approach of his thousand-year rule over earth. But in your case, I'd say some additional historical and prophetic background may be useful first (cause it sounds like the things you know about the Bible are limited to what you have been taught by Babylon the Great/false religion, which includes Christendom).

Using the subjectivity of bible interpreations and historical events is not evidence to me. Iv'e heard this stated for judiasm, islam, christianity, hinduism, buddhism ect.. It's too subjective and unconcrete. MAYBE there is something there, but nothing that would make a skeptic change his mind. In other words, you need faith to make these conclusions.

We could similarly be mistaken by having such an expectation, looking for some spectacular miracle, to convince us. God will not provide special signs or miracles to convince people. They must read and apply the Scriptures if they would obtain his favor.

Why?? This makes no sense. Why does the most important thing in existance (the salvation of one's soul) revolve around believing ancient text. One amongst many religious text.

So it revolves around one choosing christianity and then following ancient scripture which isn't direct and precise.

Why, would God make it so difficult and require so much luck to be allowed to see the "truth"?

If God is real, he's a selfish idiot that has doomed billions into hell because he chose a handful of half-literate ancient men to decide the fate of humanity. It's beyond stupid.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 09:36 PM
link   

And if you have "witnessed" God then I can understand why you believe. I just don't understand how anyone can expect one to believe in scripture in the modern age. If God truely wanted to give people the option to believe in him, then he would simply present himself.

Religion makes no logical sense. That's why I am for eastern spiritiuality. As all that is required is meditation. Belief is divisive and unproductive for the most part. With some few exceptions.

Show me God and i'll believe.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: WatchinforJesus
a reply to: Gothmog

Video link fixed

Thank you very much! I'm not sure where I went wrong with embedding the link, I just clicked the YouTube button and dropped the link in (like for the quotes and bold features). Is there another step?

Just copy the part between "=" and "&" , nothing else .

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie
a reply to: whereislogic

Why, would God make it so difficult and require so much luck to be allowed to see the "truth"?

If God is real, he's a selfish idiot that has doomed billions into hell because he chose a handful of half-literate ancient men to decide the fate of humanity. It's beyond stupid.

Proverbs 14:6:

The scoffer seeks wisdom and finds none,

But knowledge comes easily to the person with understanding.

Luck is not involved. Gaining understanding requires some effort. And a less dismissive closed-minded prejudiced attitude fashioned/"molded by this system of things" (Romans 12:2). The “understanding heart is one that searches for knowledge”; it is not satisfied with a mere superficial view but seeks to get the full picture. (Pr 15:14) Before jumping to the prejudiced conclusions prepared for them by this system of things, which ‘tickle their ears’. (2Tim 4:3,4)

Knowledge and understanding together bring wisdom, which is “the prime thing,” the ability to bring a fund of knowledge and keen understanding to bear on problems with successful results. (Pr 4:7) True wisdom is readily available to all, but not all find it. Some reject it or avoid it, even when it is at their doorstep. “Those loving me I myself love,” says wisdom, “and those looking for me are the ones that find me.” (Proverbs 8:17) Wisdom is accessible only to those who seek it in earnest.

I could also talk about the role of God's spirit in understanding the truths regarding God (“knowledge of God”, Pr 2:5) and acquiring wisdom, but based on your commentary it seems you are not interested in any of that anyway. Those who reject an accurate knowledge of the truth often choose the pathway of expediency. It's easier to turn a deaf ear when true wisdom “cries aloud in the street.” (Pr 1:20) According to the Bible, there are three groups of people who reject wisdom: “inexperienced ones,” “ridiculers,” and “foolish ones.” (Proverbs 1:22-25)

The “inexperienced ones” are those who are naive, easily persuaded, or deceived. (Prov. 14:15; quoted in my signature) Think, for example, of the millions who are being misled by religious or political leaders. Some are horrified when they learn that they have been fooled by such leaders. But those mentioned at Proverbs 1:22 choose to remain inexperienced because they like it that way. (Jer. 5:31) They enjoy following their own inclinations and do not want to learn what the Bible says or to be held accountable to its standards.

The second group of people who ignore godly wisdom are the “ridiculers.” They enjoy mocking others. (Ps. 123:4) The Bible warned that in the last days, there would be no shortage of ridiculers. (2 Pet. 3:3, 4) Like the sons-in-law of righteous Lot, some people today pay no attention to divine warnings. (Gen. 19:14) Many laugh at those who live by Bible principles. The ridiculers are motivated by “their own desires for ungodly things.” (Jude 7, 17, 18) Ridicule is the act of belittling or exposing to contempt, derision, or mockery (see the quote I'm responding to at the start of this comment). There are a number of Hebrew and Greek words that express varying degrees of ridicule, the choice of word depending on circumstances. We therefore read in the Bible of persons that mock, deride, sneer, scoff, jeer, laugh at, or make fun of others, including God. But “do not be misled: God is not one to be mocked. For whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap; because he who is sowing with a view to his flesh will reap corruption from his flesh, but he who is sowing with a view to the spirit will reap everlasting life from the spirit.”—Gal. 6:7, 8.

The third group of people who reject wisdom are the “foolish ones.” They are foolish because they refuse to live by God’s moral laws. They do what is right in their own eyes. “The way of the fool is right in his own eyes, but the wise one accepts advice.” (Prov. 12:15) They often sharply criticize true Christians for respecting Bible standards. But they have nothing better to offer. The Bible states: “True wisdom is unattainable for a fool; he has nothing to say in the city gate.” (Prov. 24:7) The foolish do not have any words of genuine wisdom to offer. “Stay away from the foolish man, for you will not find knowledge on his lips.” (Prov. 14:7)

“For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome* [Or “healthful; beneficial.”] teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.* [Or “to tell them what they want to hear.”] They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.” (2 Timothy 4:3,4)
edit on 22-3-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

top topics

join