It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We missed a possible lights out event March 13

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 04:17 AM
link   
So on March 13 a huge CME exited the sun that would have impacted the Earth in about 20 hours if it had been on the side of the sun facing Earth. This was a big one folks and IMO it is just a matter of time before such an event bores in on planet Earth. youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Have seen some big CME in the past, that was a massive one.

As for the end of the world stuff, gets a bit thin after a while. If the Sun does decide to end the Earth one day, expect that Sodom and Gomorrah angle to it. There is no more souls here worth saving.

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Until something hits earth why stress about any of this. Nothing has happened to wipe out humanity in thousands of years. It’s as if there is something preventing that for now. And when it does happen you’re probably not going to be around to be able to remember it.

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
Until something hits earth why stress about any of this. Nothing has happened to wipe out humanity in thousands of years. It’s as if there is something preventing that for now. And when it does happen you’re probably not going to be around to be able to remember it.

exactly. don't spend time worrying about what if, spend your time making sure that when it comes, you are ready and have no regrets.

remember,

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I wonder if there is part of the equation that is being over looked.

We always hear of the near miss. So much so we believe we have been super lucky for hundreds of years. But nothing is that lucky, so I am leaning towards another reason. A part of the equation that remains a mystery.

Something simple like the of magnetism required to generate a CME that large, can only be generated when the Earth is angled on the other side of the sun.

That was just a rabbit I pulled out of my hat, but you get the picture.

Luck, formula, or a cycle, and we just have not hit the trigger date yet.

edit on 18-3-2023 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Even a direct hit from a massive solar flare, won't end humanity, it will just disrupt the hell out of it, that life as we know it will be altered forever, not to sound melodramatic. Didn't we get a large solar flare in the 1860s that if it occurred in the modern world would likely do more than mess up your weekend? Either we got lucky and there won't be another one lined up for a while or it's just random as hell and it zap us at any time.

Here's the thing it matters which side it tuned toward the flare too, does it not?

www.history.com...

Ice core samples have determined that the Carrington Event was twice as big as any other solar storm in the last 500 years. What would be the impact of a similar storm today? According to a 2008 report from the National Academy of Sciences, it could cause “extensive social and economic disruptions” due to its impact on power grids, satellite communications and GPS systems. The potential price tag? Between $1 trillion and $2 trillion.

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   
A thousand years on a cosmic scale doesn’t even register a flicker. Our species, like many before us, is doomed and the eternity of space won’t even notice.

a reply to: 38181

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   
“On the other side” so not even remotely close then?

The chances of one of these engulfing the Earth are literally astronomical. There’s a far greater chance it’ll never happen before the sun expands and swallows the Earth whole. Which is about 8 billion years away. Worry not though since Earth will be a barren lifeless rock by then and will have been for quite some time.

In fact when that happens the galaxy itself as we know it won’t even exist. Andromeda will have collided and merged with the Milky Way to make a new, more boring blob galaxy without spirals.
edit on 1832023 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   
ETA: Was typing as he got to the part I was going to say something about.

LOL thats what I get for jumping the gun.
edit on 18-3-2023 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I’ll put it in other words. In 70 years all of us here will be so old or dead it won’t even matter why we are stressing about this now.

Live in the moment man!

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Just saying the next solar peak around 2025 is going to happen at a really bad time.

If I'm right about the 3 day prophecy of John 2 with the "1000 year reign of the saints" starting in 2033.

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Odd thing about this is that the Government has been aware since the 1960s that a Nuclear war or a CME could take out the electrical system and they did nothing. Where the appropriate fixes had they been mandated back then would have bulletproofed the electrical system by now.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 06:35 AM
link   

a reply to: putnam6

I’ll put it in other words. In 70 years all of us here will be so old or dead it won’t even matter why we are stressing about this now.

Live in the moment man!

Did I post on the health and well-being forum? or the amateur psychiatrist message board?

Of course, being from the whiskey state it's always easier to live in the moment. Ive traveled the southeast enough to know thats likely Kentucky home of my favorite Wild Turkey 101 aged 12 years.

www.esquire.com...

I don't stress about stuff I can't control, except for things that may affect my small circle of relationships

Just enjoying intelligent discourse on a subject I'm interested in...no more no less

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ntech

Odd thing about this is that the Government has been aware since the 1960s that a Nuclear war or a CME could take out the electrical system and they did nothing. Where the appropriate fixes had they been mandated back then would have bulletproofed the electrical system by now.

I keep hearing that our infrastructure (in the USA) is getting old and needs renewing. I would bet that the federal government and military are well prepared for EMP events. That technology just needs to be rolled out to the rest of us. You know, a "build back better" type of thing.

posted on Mar, 22 2023 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Actually the technology is available now. The problem is getting it used. A TransZorbs or TVS diode is about a $1 each retail. Put that across the power cord and that device is protected against spikes. A whole house protection device is around $250-$500. And there are probably large industrial versions that could go on the power lines/substations/power plants.

new topics

top topics

join