It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Nukes Are Missing from the U.S. Military

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Replied.

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: saint4God

The thing is Plutonium-239 has a half-life of about 24,000 years.

With Uranium-235 being even longer by orders of magnitude far as i understand.

You can safely hold both materials in your hand down to the nature of the alpha particles released and the fact that your skin is enough to block the radiation.

Ingestion or inhalation of the stuff via particulate matter well that's a whole nother matter which is not apt to end well.

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: saint4God

I'd take any reporting about nuclear issues from the media with a grain of salt.

I remember when the Fukashima disaster happened, watching this clown on I think it was MSNBC tell the audience that they had detected radiation levels in California 5 times the background level!!! Like that meant we were all gonna die.

Background radiation levels are so low that 5x background is still pretty much zilch, and nowhere near dangerous. They conveniently left that part out. They had a nuclear scientist on who immediately started explaining that there was no danger in the U.S. They cut his segment short and didn't have him back on.

Remember, a big portion of the media are activists first and foremost, and many of them are all about green tech companies, so making the nuclear industry look bad is pretty much part of their job.
edit on 18 3 23 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer
a reply to: putnam6

FYI, the Uranium in the 1950 accident was not weapons grade material. It was depleted Uranium, used as a tamper. A couple of the other incidents might be in the same category.

ASKING AGAIN...

So if I am following correctly you are saying it didn't have a core? one would assume none of these labeled as training missions wouldn't have had the complete package either...

sounds as if the ambiguity could be partially the military's doctrine to never reveal the exact locations of nukes fro obvious reasons

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

The weapon in that case carried natural uranium and conventional explosives but no plutonium.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: saint4God
A lot of us United Statesians have a lot of confidence in our military. Surely something as important as nuclear bombs would have a number of layers of safeguards, and a very thorough accounting system for each bomb. If not, the military would definitely pursue any inventory loss thoroughly and resolutely, right? RIGHT?!

Are any or all of these nukes still a threat? Why or why not?

I have heard of two of these incidences perhaps previously, but certainly not in this great of detail. Seems much of the declassification occurred not so long ago. With the lack of terrorists obtaining these and no World War III yet, this is a sign that there is a lot of unseen work going on in the background surely, but in a world of hackers and AI, can security keep up?

The commentator in the video mentions 'conspiracy theory' a few times, but always thought these were fairly clear...what conspiracy theories are out there specifically?

I think it is only logical to ask the question, "If the U.S. lost 6 nukes, how many nukes have other countries lost as well?"

This would include (but not exclude others perhaps): Russia, United Kingdom, France, China, India, Pakistan, North Korea, and/or Israel.
Well this all seems official & mystery solved.
Do you buy things from info commercials or own a time share ?

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecrettoSociety

Ooh! Whatcha got?

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: saint4God

originally posted by: SecrettoSociety

Ooh! Whatcha got?
Condensed steam in a bottle . 259.00 per ounce

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join