It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monticello Nuclear Power Plant spills 400,000 gallons of radioactive Tritium water

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
the end is near

We can only hope MiM! It would end a lot of pain and suffering going on in the world and not many people want to die alone either. I don't have the balls or courage to off myself! I want to die in my sleep so I didn't know it happened! I believe that oblivion awaits us all once again when we die because that's where we came from when we were born.

I don't want to be born back into this world again unless we are in a Star Trek like future as we are still pretty much in the dark ages and medicine is still very primative! I also hate monetary systems!
edit on 17-3-2023 by DoomsdayDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

sure was,
i wore the tape i had out to.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
So, more professionals telling people there is no danger to the public.

Famous last words.

How is that soil in OHIO again?

They said Roundup was safe too. 😬

Funny how the biggest lies that cost the most lives always come from Professionals.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

A one off ingestion is not the problem. It is the repeated, long term exposure that is the problem.

Tritium is “sticky” and will react with almost anything and stick to everything if it is airborne. The reason for the white bunny suits and respirators is to keep it external. All that stuff gets trashed in nuclear barrels and shipped to underground facilities.

It can cause cancer. Especially lung cancer. I wouldn’t want it in my body! You do flush it out as any water but that doesn’t help your lungs.

Because it is radioactive they use it as the red dot on gun sights.

I say get Lockheed to use their graphene oxide water filter to sort out both deuterium and tritium from all nuclear power plants (there is Fukushima that can be your test case). If it works, then you have nuclear fusion fuel for as long as the tritium is radioactive! And you clean the water before you dump it into the water cycle. Win-win.

Or put up a sign saying “No swimming” and save your money for the class action lawsuit settlements that you will pay.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 06:39 PM
link   

F U C K

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Funny how the biggest lies that cost the most lives always come from Professionals.

This must be why they get paid soooooo much!

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 06:47 PM
link   
We all care, but how can we make this #storm change? I feel powerless.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It appears Biden's Clowns (the FEDs) told them to keep this low key from the public.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
It appears Biden's Clowns (the FEDs) told them to keep this low key from the public.

Be free.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Hopefully, most of the states will return to paper ballots, or the SCOTUS will reinforce paper ballots. Then President Trump will be voted back again and together, we will fix the system.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It isn't a threat to anyone just like the Ohio train chemical spill. It barely even touched anyone.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Minnesota regulators said Thursday they’re monitoring the cleanup of a leak of 400,000 gallons of radioactive water from Xcel Energy’s Monticello nuclear power plant, and the company said there’s no danger to the public. Xcel reported the leak of water containing tritium to state and federal authorities in late November, the spill had not been made public before Thursday. State officials said they waited to get more information before going public with it. "We knew there was a presence of tritium in one monitoring well, however Xcel had not yet identified the source of the leak and its location," Minnesota Pollution Control Agency spokesman Michael Rafferty said. Tritium is a radioactive isotope of hydrogen that occurs naturally in the environment and is a common by-product of nuclear plant operations. It emits a weak form of beta radiation that does not travel very far and cannot penetrate human skin, according to the NRC. A person who drank water from a spill would get only a low dose, the NRC says.

Wow! What else aren't we being told?

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

originally posted by: quintessentone

Hopefully, most of the states will return to paper ballots, or the SCOTUS will reinforce paper ballots. Then President Trump will be Uvoted back again and together, we will fix the system.

It won't matter, other f |k'd up human thangs are at play, so le'ts say this - we will not get #ed up to a higher extent. That's all I got. And it's sad.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Well i haven't read all of it yet. But Tritium is NOT a 'naturally occurring compound'. Nor is it a naturally occurring isotope here on Earth, at least not at sea level.
If it gets dumped into the ocean it would disperse fairly quickly IMO.

It is slightly radioactive, glows a very faint green in the dark, and has a half life of about 14 years. It is also, when used with Deuterium, a near-perfect fusion fuel. That is why they are spending billions trying to refine it on Earth. The same deal goes for Helium-3. Both of which can be man-made but it is not cheap, i'm talking 200 grand for a few grams. But the Moon has tons of the stuff, 20 times the worth of gold. That's why they are 'allegedly' mining the hell out of it.

It is the ideal space fuel, since you don't want to be using Deuterium-Tritium reactions here on Earth, way too many fast neutrons and secondary radiation. Hey that never stopped the government, they went and did it anyway years ago, and killed a few engineers, pilots, and scientists. Oh wait they are using that same fuel for the Tokamaks? And they want to use the heat to boil water to make steam?
Seriously?
And these guys, they lost about 40 billion dollars worth of fusion fuel? Oops!
Well, at least the USA still has that 300 year's worth of stockpiled Plutonium to fall back on....

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Quite right!
But; can i have the waste, please?

Lockheed are pretty busy right now, they are building a Tritium-based pulse reactor to power (i guess) an airbourne laser of considerable power.
ETA probably in the 1200nM range, something that will cut through metal real fast, like the L200 stacked up against my book-case....i kid you not, but i don't have the 3-phase power to use it. Sigh...
edit on 17-3-2023 by playswithmachines because: clarification

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: playswithmachines

Well i haven't read all of it yet. But Tritium is NOT a 'naturally occurring compound'. Nor is it a naturally occurring isotope here on Earth, at least not at sea level.
If it gets dumped into the ocean it would disperse fairly quickly IMO...

Tritium is produced naturally in the upper atmosphere when cosmic rays strike nitrogen molecules in the air.
www.epa.gov...
www.nrc.gov...
www.energy.gov...

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Yes,but it is quickly lost, and not available at sea-level. They have to make it artificially like exposing Boron or Lithium to a neutron beam.In a near-perfect vacuum. It is as expensive as He3, 20 times more than gold, as much worth in fact as say, poop from a wooden horse..Unobtainable. But this will be a by-product from my reactor. It will, like regular He4, be worth slightly more than the fuel...The problem lies in seeing the difference in the He4 emissions as opposed to the He3 emissions. So far, i haven't seen any uni or gov. body take up this issue. Go check yourself. You will get the exact same spectral info that i have.
edit on 12-4-2023 by playswithmachines because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Pure Tritium gas is available on ebay, of course, but note that it has a half-life of 13.8 years. It glows a dark green spectrum of it's own, but will emit harmful Neutrons and Betas, not stuff that you can store on the shelf for years.
Part of my integration of the C2000 system was my knoweledge of shelf life and other factors related to long-term material storage.

edit on 12-4-2023 by playswithmachines because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join