It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch Farmers Score Big - Win in Senate Landslide

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Truly an inspiration to Freedom Fighters world-wide.

Hats off to them.

AMSTERDAM, March 15 (Reuters) - A farmers' protest party shook up the political landscape in the Netherlands on Wednesday, emerging as the big winner in provincial elections that determine the make-up of the Senate.

The BBB or BoerBurgerBeweging (Farmer-Citizen Movement) party rode a wave of protests against the government's environmental policies and looked set to have won more Senate seats than Prime Minister Mark Rutte's conservative VVD party.
Reuters

When "the people" decide, enough is enough, it's already over...

*notice the sign honouring Canadian Truckers!!!

We love you too Netherlands!!!

Rutte moet nu weg, samen met Bidennd Trudeau en de rest van de globalisten!!!

God Bless 'em

Get fired up!!!

edit on 3/17/2023 by MykeNukem because: eh?

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Good,

I hope it starts a trend to get all of these WEF Globalist out.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Problem is, those anti-democrats or better fascists on their transformation hype train don´t care:

Crashing election defeat of the government in the Netherlands - hardly any changes to be expected

Nitrogen Minister Christianne van der Wal (VVD) sees no reason in the landslide victory of the BoerBurger movement (BBB) to address the discontent and adjust the nitrogen plans. He said there was no choice but to continue pushing through the EU's plans to de-industrialize Europe.
The polls already predicted a good result for the BBB, but the victory turned out to be much bigger than expected. And it was not only in the "provinces" but also in South and North Holland that the party won, spearheading its criticism of the nitrogen policy. With 15 seats, the BBB is expected to become the largest party in the Chamber of Deputies.

The coalition parties all suffered heavy losses and are expected to retain only 24 seats in the Chamber of Deputies. Before the current elections, they were already six seats short of a majority, and that number is expected to rise to 14. The result should therefore be seen as punishment for the policies pursued. Ipsos examined voters' motivations for voting in protest against the government. It found that ministerial incompetence was the main reason, followed by nitrogen policy.

Van der Wal acknowledges that many people have difficulty with the nitrogen plans. "That's true and we've known that for a long time. And it is also a very complicated file."

But she sees no reason to address the widespread dissatisfaction and adjust the plans. "To put on the brakes again now or to postpone, that simply doesn't work, not even legally. Unfortunately, we no longer have that luxury. That's how bad we let it get in the Netherlands," the minister said.

The expropriation of farmers is countered by an expansion of industrial food production. U.S. oligarchs have already invested a billion for this in Holland.

According to Senator Henk Otten, Van der Wal's intransigence further exacerbates contradictions in society. "The implosion of the outdated Dutch political system, which is poorly connected to society, will accelerate after the provincial council elections. Polarization between this world-weary cabinet and the population will continue to increase. The political impoverishment has just begun."

Assessment of the further development

The hoofdredacteur Karel Beckmann of our Dutch partner medium De Andere Krant has sent us the following assessment:

The victory of the BBB party - which did not even exist in the last elections - is quite astounding. These were provincial elections, and it became the largest party in all provinces, including the urbanized provinces in the west of the country. The election result is significant nationwide because it also determines the composition of the Senate (Eerste Kamer, First Chamber), which can veto laws passed by the Second Chamber (comparable to the House of Representatives in the United States).

As in Germany and Austria, the Cabinet has proposed a draconian health law that would make all "emergency" lockdown measures permanent law, so that in the future the government can do whatever it wants when the Minister of Health declares a pandemic.

This bill is now being debated in the Senate. It has already passed in the Second Chamber. In theory, they could stop it. In practice, they won't.

Because the bad news is that the BBB will not prove to be a true opposition party. At least, that's what most of us in the 'resistance' movement feel. They are mainly disappointed ex-VVD liberals and ex-Christian Democrats. They are not against the war in Ukraine, they are anti-Russian and generally an establishment party. Their only real opposition program is against the government's nitrogen policy and anti-farmer environmental policies.

But the first thing the Minister of Nitrogen (yes, we have such a person) said on Twitter was, "The BBB must understand that it cannot change nitrogen policy. There is no choice. You can't be against nitrogen policy and still build homes and invest in the economy." This is absolutely bizarre. The nitrogen policy also applies to buildings and industrial activities. So it creates this false choice.

Nitrogen Minister Van der Wal reacts to BBB's big win. "Pretty," she says, "but there's no choice. You can't say I don't do nitrogen policy, but I build houses." #uitslagenavond #VVD #PS2023

The head of the BBB, Caroline van der Plas, has already said, 'We can turn the flags back to normal' - that is, no longer upside down. That doesn't bode well - she hasn't achieved anything yet.

The real opposition party is the FVD. It has only won 2 seats in the Senate. In the last election they had 12 seats (they came out of nowhere then), but then the party exploded due to internal conflicts, and now they have only one senator. So they have grown to 2, which is very little. Other right-wing opposition parties have not done well - they all lost to BBB.

The coalition parties (D66-Progessive Liberals, Christian Democrats, VVD Liberals, CHU, Christian Party) lost, but not catastrophically, except that the Christian Democrats were reduced to a splinter party. They used to be the largest party in the Netherlands. But Prime Minister Rutte's party, the VVD, lost very little. Incredibly.

The Labor Party has joined forces with the Greens and come in second; they'll probably have 15 of the 75 seats in the Senate. All in all, the coalition doesn't come close to a majority, but with the help of Labor/Greens and some other small parties, they will be able to continue their policies.

All of this is pretty disappointing. That is the overwhelming feeling of the "lockdown" opposition. They had hoped for a real revolt. Nothing will come of that, I'm sorry to say.
Link (German)

Cheers

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   

The entire supply chain will protest eventually.

There's still hope yet.

Once people start getting hungry, attitudes will change.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   

a reply to: DerBeobachter
All of this is pretty disappointing. That is the overwhelming feeling of the "lockdown" opposition. They had hoped for a real revolt. Nothing will come of that, I'm sorry to say.

I know this isn't perfect and they don't have a complete policies package, but it's a start in the right direction.

Even if it's just to highlight the fact that "the people" have the power, they just need to realize it!

We'll keep fighting!

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

I know this isn't perfect and they don't have a complete policies package, but it's a start in the right direction.

Even if it's just to highlight the fact that "the people" have the power, they just need to realize it!

We'll keep fighting!

The inhumane bastards doing this are counting upon apathy.

I'm sure they have countermeasures in place but people can be creative.

I know for a fact that they snort at that notion. According to them "free will is over".

They have a god complex and it will bite them in the arse.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

There's still hope yet.

Agreed, the resistance has been growing steadily for a few years now, globally, a little push the right way (unfortunately, that may mean some hard times) and it's going to pop off.

We're seeing tell-tales signs of it in France, Netherlands, Canada, US, etc...just a matter of time, the people are primed for REAL change!

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Good news for our Nederlandian brothers and sisters !

As DerBe mentioned, it's 15 seats out of 75, so we can bet that the scumbag PTSB™ will be up-to their usual dirty tricks, trying to cobble together a coalition to outnumber them.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   

There is an icon (sheet of paper with the corner folded over) when you reply that lets you properly quote news text. It is hard to tell initially where your stuff ends and the news article begins.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

There's still hope yet.

I agree 1000000000000%

It's all ploy and words and BS until they see the fallout of their stupidity. There are approx. 7.8 BILLION people on this planet. It may take a while to see the fallacy in their stupid, STUPID ideas but, it will come to light and then the chit will hit fan and they take their utopian policies and shove them where the sun don't shine.

There are ways to practice responsible living and more minimal life styles but going after our food isn't the answer.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Good work, farmers!

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This is awesome!

I applaud the farmers doing this, and hope they become
very aggressive in defending their way of life, livelihood,
and properties.

If only the farmers in the USA were not in bed with Monsanto.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

Because the bad news is that the BBB will not prove to be a true opposition party. At least, that's what most of us in the 'resistance' movement feel. They are mainly disappointed ex-VVD liberals and ex-Christian Democrats. They are not against the war in Ukraine, they are anti-Russian and generally an establishment party. Their only real opposition program is against the government's nitrogen policy and anti-farmer environmental policies.

Here's the thing. They don't have to oppose those other issues. THE issue here is the farmers.

Look at Brexit in the UK. The party who pushed for Brexit, UKIP, had a number of manifesto points but was viewed by the vast majority of the public as a single-issue (Brexit) party. They went from being a fringe minority party to being responsible for changing the British and European political landscapes by forcing the Conservative government to address that single issue and give the public a referendum.

So if all the BBB focus on is the farming issue, and consequently bring about a change in that regard, that's a success. A major success.

edit on 17-3-2023 by Motorhead because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Thank you far-right farmers for feeding the world when our leaders would sacrifice us to Gaya

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Dutch guy hete.

BBB ís the deep state. Financed by Bayer monsanto.

The party leader tweets stuff like this

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: meiosismb
Dutch guy hete.

BBB ís the deep state. Financed by Bayer monsanto.

The party leader tweets stuff like this

twitter.com...

Here's the tweet, why pussy-foot around?

Thanks
@Bayer4Crops
for sponsoring this event. Great to have met farmers from all over the world! #Connectingfarmers 👍

What kind of monster is she?

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Absolutely. I commend you on that post, i was a bit late in catching up with current political events, i had no time to vote on the issue. Had i known of this, they would have got my vote also.
The whole nitrogen issue is a big scam, almost 80% of the atmosphere is Nitrogen, and being also a bonding element, it is locked up everywhere, as nitrates in the soil, in acids, fertilisers, explosives, and even in our bodies, where it normally has no effect except for deep-sea divers, who suffer 'the bends' when they depressurise too fast, it is the expanding nitrogen gas in the blood that causes this.
So placing a ban on nitrogen production is like trying to order the sea back, like King Canute. It's not going to happen.

Dutch cops at one point tried to shoot a 17 year old who was driving his father's tractor, and drove towards a cop barricade by mistake. You don't get that in the news. Over 600 farmers were put out of business for 'not complying', you don't hear of that on the news.
All the farmers hung the dutch flag upside down in protest, as did many civilians. The local councils ordered them removed as they were, quote; "a hazard to motorists". You don't hear that in the news either.

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I make no apologies for my Christian faith here:
Many people are deluded, brainwashed with our situation. They are the majority. The enemy doesn't care about them, he already has them.
There is a minority who has been ridiculed for the longest time as 'conspiracy theorists', the 'tin foil hat brigade'.
Elements are coming to light that are giving credence to the concerns of the skeptics formerly known as 'conspiracy theorists', to the point where even the mainstream are taking note and releasing information contrary to the narrative.
This is not an admission or a mistake.

People will end up baying for justice as the depth and depravity of those who lied to us becomes increasingly apparent.

I am beginning to believe a character will emerge on the scene in the guise of a 'truth seeker'. This person is well aware of the subterfuge and hidden agenda, because he was in fact, part of it. Alliances he has made will be broken (ie your George Soros, WEF, Bill Gates type characters). I believe he will 'throw these people under the bus' and expose their actions and intentions. The people will be baying for blood once the depth and size of the deception upon humanity is exposed. And 'he' will give it to them. He will provide the retribution and justice the people of earth demand. High power, seeming 'untouchable' figures will be hanging from the lamp posts, or some such thing. This 'man' will be openly received and worshipped by the masses as the rescuer and deliverer from corruption and evil.
Can you see where this is going?

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 08:07 PM
link   

"How Dairy You!"

Gotta give it to them Dutch, they do English right...

haha

top topics

<<   2 >>

join