It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific evidence confirms old ages in the Bible

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymatic

I stand by my posts, and sticking with my argument.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I stand by my posts, and sticking with my argument.

Gotcha, you stand by your strawman arguments and misinterpretations of what I actually said.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   

What point were you trying to make, that had anything to do with OP, besides me being wrong about everything?

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

What point were you trying to make, that had anything to do with OP, besides me being wrong about everything?

It started with your misunderstanding of what science actually is then went off on a tangent from there.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 03:02 PM
link   

So, you're only point was to correct me on my use of the word "science". Got it.

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
You'll just have to trust that the Bible has it right. If you can't accept that, I don't know what to tell you.

And this is the crux of the problem, the most central issue with religion for most critical thinkers -- faith.

By definition, faith is a belief in something that can never be proven, therefore it requires faith.

God will never be proven, so priests say that's why he gives us faith, so we can believe in him anyway. Faith is a gift to us from god/gods. If god could be proven, it would require no faith, it would be a fact.

Well, it seems he skipped on me. I have zero faith. I have zero inclination to believe in something that no one has been able to prove in thousands of years now. Not one person. Not one king, nor pope, nor imam or rabbi. No one.

I know how I feel not having faith. How do those that have faith feel? Do you question your faith? If god gifts you with faith, does he allow you to question it and think about it?

posted on Mar, 20 2023 @ 07:30 PM
link   

So, you're only point was to correct me on my use of the word "science". Got it.

Well when you lecture people about science but don't even understand what it means that's the kind of response you get.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: iamthevirus
a reply to: Nothin

QM is on life support, but there's plenty of us still looking up.

Quantum Mechanics is invented not discovered, it's not found in nature.

QM should be renamed to Quantum Marxism... because that's exactly what it is. (a scientific worldview through Marxist colored glasses)

QM can't even plug into one of the basic laws of nature such as "what goes up must come down" that is a true observed fact time and again in this universe.

But QM says what goes up might not come back down... How absurd is that, has anyone observed that yet?

Uncertainty eh? that sounds like another scam to me on par with nothingness and zero.

It's ok if one doesn't believe in all of those ideas.

Agree with you that they are all concepts, made-up by clever apes.

Perhaps nothingness is a dream as well, thanks for the challenge.

posted on Mar, 21 2023 @ 08:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Nothin

What about not science : is that science as well ?

Science is the mechanism that allows the creation of the universe and allows it to persist, or not. Obviously, we don't understand all of science. We only understand a tiny faction of it from the perspective of our own environment.

Thanks for your reply Sookie-C.

Interesting way to describe how you view science.

Do you figure that science existed before humans ?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join