It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will You Fight For Your Country?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Hi all,

Following on from my relocation thread a few weeks back, another doom and gloom question has entered my mind. If it all kicks off, would I fight for my country?

Initially, my answer was no. I should add, I was using a possible NATO/Russia escalation to all out war as my scenario. I don't want to fight for a cause or government (wider and UK) that I don't believe to be good natured or that genuinely has our interests at its heart.

After some further pondering, the idea that, despite the reality, I would in essence be fighting for my country (and not my government etc.) alongside my fellow country men & women was interestingly enough for me to put aside all of the other nonsense and at least consider fighting.

I believe my interpretation of events leading up to and ultimately causing the declaration of war would make my decision but I imagine I'd find it difficult to stay at home.

I appreciate that there is a diverse membership of different ages, medical situations etc. on this forum so for those who would not be fit for war, I'd be interested to hear if you'd still join the war effort (manufacturing, non-combative defence etc.).

To summarise, I'd likely fight but only for my country and would need to exclude all political aspects.

So, would you fight for your country?

(This is a very personal question, so please be especially respectful & as non-judgemental as possible!)

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 04:14 AM
link   
When you have the best trained military in the world and they are not allowed to stop the invasion at the border, sorry, my answer hell no.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Depends if they try to draft my boys. If so, I’m gonna attempt to take out a few service members so they go to their war with a net negative. My concern is my families safety and that’s it. Screw this country at this point because it said screw me a while back and we don’t even have real elections anymore.
edit on 17-3-2023 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Serious question. I fight for my country every day. Every waking moment..Im fighting for us as we speak..any way I can.
Ive been fighting for it since I can remember, and I will continue til Im dead. No matter the issues we have, this country and our freedom to do exactly what I am doing right now is the reason I get to experience the happy moments that I do. Its this country and the grace of its people that allow me to continue to be free..and I will fight for that to my last breath…Yeah, I've thought about hobbling the boys so they won't have to go..but that's a personal pain that I will have to endure if the time comes…they have had a good youth because of the freedoms this country has provided..and if the time comes that they have to pay for their raising then that's the price..I don't want it and I will buck it, but at the end of the day this is the USA, and here we fight.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Depends if they try to draft my boys. If so, I’m gonna attempt to take out a few service members so they go to their war with a net negative. My concern is my families safety and that’s it. Screw this country at this point because it said screw me a while back and we don’t even have real elections anymore.

I'm on the same page as you. Our leaders are nothing but control freaks that are power hungry over us peons. PERIOD. And I'm talking from USA Veterans point of view.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TurkeyGoose

Fighting for your country is something else than fighting another country
following orders from an establishment i don't trust will never happen, but fighting for what I hold dear about my country is a duty.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Dbl
edit on 17-3-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Fighting for your country is something else than fighting another country
following orders from an establishment i don't trust will never happen, but fighting for what I hold dear about my country is a duty.

then go to the southern border and fight for the USA since jb is AWOL

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 04:57 AM
link   
if someone were to invade Scotland then id fight to protect my country from invaders

but these wars are unjust , id rather stick the heid in my prime minister and king sausage haunds than go fight overseas

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I know it's hard to fathom, but imagine that there are other people that are born in other countries that have the same love for their home, that you have for yours.
You wouldn't expect them to go protect a border from immigrants, in a country that is basically founded on immigration...

edit on 17-3-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 05:04 AM
link   

but these wars are unjust , id rather stick the heid in my prime minister and king sausage haunds than go fight overseas

Patriot.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: musicismagic

I know it's hard to fathom, but imagine that there are other people that are born in other countries that have the same love for their home, that you have for yours.
You wouldn't expect them to go protect a border from immigrants, in a country that is basically founded on immigration...

Your words of one that lives with love in its heart and may God bless you.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Some interesting points so far, especially around members children being drafted. I'm not a parent so I hadn't considered this, and it opens up a different level to my question.

I imagine I'd find it a great deal easier to enlist myself then willingly or forcibly having my hypothetical children involved. I have no idea what it would involve, but I would certainly and actively make attempts to prohibit it. Not sure if that'd makes me a hypocrite, a bad country man or good/bad parent!

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 05:47 AM
link   
This isn't Vietnam where you get 8 weeks of basic and on the 9th week, you are sitting in a foxhole in DaNang. As Russia has shown throwing raw recruits into a modern combat area is completely ineffective.

Trust the MIC they got this, they just want to use Ukraine as thier proving ground for all the small arms and weapon systems. This is their goose that laid the golden egg As all these countries' surplus gets drained off, the MIC gets to resupply all of them, and Ukraine will be pounded into the mud. Then TPTB will control contracts to rebuild Ukraine's infrastructure, at European and American taxpayers' expense.

Now if I were the MIC Id want people to believe we would have to send our sons and daughters because then people will pay through the nose military aid so they don't have to.

Having America, the UK, Europe, Russia, and China all engaged in a contained war of attrition is the MIC's wet dream, they will be providing security, and rebuilding and rearming Ukraine for the next 25 years.

edit on 17-3-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: didntasktobeborned

fire oan the pipes , im the most patriotic Scotsman you'll ever meet

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 05:59 AM
link   
No chance I'd ever join the military and be a pawn for the government invading other countries.

If the UK was invaded, absolutely - I can't hold guns due to epillepsy but I'm very handy with a map and can run 70 miles in 24hrs around the brecon beacons carrying my bodyweight.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 06:04 AM
link   

can run 70 miles in 24hrs around the brecon beacons carrying my bodyweight.

allow me to clarify…with epilepsy my 'relatives' would have You a marksman in an hour.

We have waivers for everything.

edit on 17-3-2023 by didntasktobeborned because: .

edit on 17-3-2023 by didntasktobeborned because: ..

edit on 17-3-2023 by didntasktobeborned because: forgot caps means yelling..I think that's a little woke myself

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 06:11 AM
link   

I wonder what Ashli Babbitt would say...

After some further pondering, the idea that, despite the reality, I would in essence be fighting for my country (and not my government etc.)

Do you mean if your country was ever invaded or would you travel to a foreign country with the intent to kill those people on their home soil because your government (not your country as you put it) wanted you to?

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 06:13 AM
link   

If the UK was invaded.

Just about every able-bodied man in the land would rise up to defend our county.

And send the Russian scum back home to whence they came to think again.

But stuff going to die in a far-off land for the politicians and bankers.

And i will tell you this, see if the Russian people were allowed to think that way.

Putin and his ilk would be on to plums with nobody bothering to turn up to fight his battles for him.

And die for his failed wet dream, land grab and invasion aka ""Special Military Operation"".

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 06:23 AM
link   
As a german i have to say a strict NO!

I can´t fight for "my country" that in reality never was mine, if it was my country i must have missed when i was crowned king.

If i would fight for "my country" then in reality i would fight for the class who robbed this country from us people and are looting and destroying it right now, are trying to create world wars, are kissing the a$$ of the criminals in the White House (because they have no other choice, Germany hasn´t be sovereign since 1945, according to german "politicians" like "100.000DM money case"-Schäuble), are destroying democracy and freedom, are building a new dictatorship, not brown, not red but painted green and woke and whatever else BS this time but the goals are the same.

I should fight for a "state" that made his own citizens it´s enemies? For "politicians" who did and do what they did and do to us since at least 2020? Politics has made the state its prey and politicians are the corrupt puppets which create wars, for us peasants to die in and for the profits of their stinky rich puppet masters. As a german i have to say that there is no reason to fight for "my country" because it never was "my country", i just was born here and allowed to live here if i only are a submissive working drone this "state" can milk to the last drop.

Now maybe somebody could believe that i maybe would fight for "my country" to free it from these gangsters in suits and ties. Wrong again. Because then i would risk my life and health for a society of around 80% of modern third reich citizens. This "society" showed it´s real face in the corona crime times. Let them go to hell, all of these modern third reich citizens. I will enjoy the show!

I simply have no reason to fight for "my country" or "my" fellow citizen anymore, especially since 2020. I am not stupid enough to jump to the slaughter bench voluntary, not for this lie of a "state" and "society", not for this dictocracy they turn it to.

I only would fight for me and those around me who still are sane and able to think for themselves, those not modern third reich citizens. But only to get away from all that madness, to hide somewhere away from this "society", to let the brainwashed idiots slaughter each other till only sane people like us are left.
Cheers

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join