It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A lot of people buy low quality food because it is "cheaper"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Like many of us I am tired of the slow-burn collapse which has become hard to watch our country (US) and our way of life slowly be destroyed but I realize that their plan is to very very slowly ruin everything and we are actually living the frog in pot analogy.

The global elites want to wear everyone down slowly to demoralize everyone, make everyone tired and distracted and keep everyone somewhat unaware of their goals of total control and total destruction.

It is too much to go into, especially when so many are not keeping score but the global organizations have been plotting and making moves toward this end goal for at least 70 years and way longer if we look at the creation of the federal reserve and other long term set-ups for failure.

This isn't by accident and it is easy to become demoralized in the environment we are currently in. Inflation, groceries especially is a killer for many. People usually make the first cut to their budget in the food category because it is the easiest place to cut. This usually involves buying more heavily processed lower quality food, simply because it is cheaper. I would argue that buying the basics of food, like flour, sugar, etc and cooking from scratch is cheaper in the long run, but everyone isn't able to do that.

Does anyone need to have a map drawn for them to see that people dying younger, mass obesity, diabetes and other health problems could be a result of ultra-processed foods which I see people buying more and more of and less and less actual food.

This is what they want for a few main reasons. One is massive profit for the health care industry. Two is massive profit for the companies that make all the processed fake food. Mark up is crazy on processed food and manufacturing costs are very cheap. Three is just another form of population control. More unhealthy people, more obese people, more people on medications with side effects means more people dying and younger.

If it hasn't dawned on you, they are playing the very very long game on population control. Using people's human nature to create situations that lead to more people dying. No impulse control? Here is this highly addictive engineered food. Now you weigh 600lbs and spend a ton on medications until you die at 40.

The global elites are perhaps immoral, but they also take advantage of the self-importance, selfishness and immorality of the masses in order to make it seem like people are doing it to themselves, when it is actually sort of engineered by the elites.

Think about how many times a day a lot of people consume high fructose corn syrup just as an example. Even if you avoid soda, its in a lot of processed foods like a lot of breads, most ketchup, the list goes on and on. You would be surprised at how many products contain high fructose corn syrup and this is just one very bad ingredient for your health among many. There is a reason behind that and it is money and profit and government subsidies.

And yet nothing is as morale boosting than a good, healthy hearty hot meal when you are starving. That is why they want you eating bugs.

So I know many on this site are probably well off, not struggling, able to cook from scratch preppers growing and milling their own wheat but for some those goals are out of reach for now, so I think the bottom line is:

Do not compromise the quality of your food. No matter what. You won't have to worry about bills anyway if you're dead or sickly from eating low quality food.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 07:59 AM
link   
W;hen one carrot can cost you 1 buck, times then are insane.

import of can foods have risen over 58% here overseas
not sure what the price is in the States
pasta is being sold now at 300 grams for 1 buck use to be 500 grams

anyway live by the water or ocean in these times of the world has gone crazy

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Antimony

And then you have those that spend extra money in non GMO restaurants and around the corner get vaxed with GMO's...

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

And then you have those that spend extra money in non GMO restaurants and around the corner get vaxed with GMO's...

I always like your comments.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 08:17 AM
link   

The global elites are perhaps immoral

Edit: My bad i read that as immortal as opposed to "immoral".

Apologies, aye they do feed us a load of crap, and people choose to purchase cheap food down to financial circumstances rather than choice.

Then again they need to eat as opposed to the alternative.

Here in the UK the rise and use of the likes of foodbanks over the past decade has been unprecedented.

Not good in what is supposed to be after all a first-world nation.
edit on 16-3-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I gave you a S&F because this is an important subject, and you're right that we're being fed crap and they'll do anything they can to shove it down our throats if they have to!

But the people have and continue to empower and enable our tyrants by giving up their own power... their own autonomy, self-sufficiency and resourcefulness. If people refuse to raise, store, and prepare their own sustenance, and allow themselves -- or demand! -- to be dependent on others (including govt), we're going to get screwed.

People can learn to do better for themselves. They just need to want to first.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It is easy and cheap to eat the healthiest diet possible for human beings.

Kelly Hogan essentially lived on plain burger patties, at $1ea (you can get them by asking to order from their 'ala carte' menu) from McDonalds for 10 years as she eliminated ALL of her massive health problems, lost the 100+lbs she'd been struggling to lose her entire life.

No buns, no condiments, no sides, just the plain, 100% beef (yes, regular commercial beef) patties.

Then when she learned that she needs more fat, and starting adding lots of healthy fats into her diet, like those from fatty meats, eggs, butter, etc, she took her health to a whole new level.

To those who say such a diet is 'restrictive', you can look at it that way - or, you can look at it as freeing and liberating.

To borrow a quote from the community: "No 'food' - nothing - can taste as good as vital, optimal health feels."

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Society will collapse , globally, not just the US. They want to US to fall first becasuse if the US falls, the rest of the world follows
And then they bring in their 'great reset' to 'save the day'

This has happened before in history, just not at a global level.
It could end humankind as the 'elites' are unable to wipe their own butt I don't see anyone coming out alive ,even them.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Here is a little tip for those that want better food. Shop at Asian grocery stores. There is still a lot of unadulterated foods.

I was in Target today buying some towels and I walked past the food aisle. I thought to myself, the vast majority of this crap isn’t even real food. It is sickening. It is all the same stuff just re-packaged differently.
Even the meat at Target looks absolutely disgusting. Whatever Vaseline they put on the red meat makes me want to gag.
Who is buying that crap!??!!

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
W;hen one carrot can cost you 1 buck, times then are insane.

import of can foods have risen over 58% here overseas
not sure what the price is in the States
pasta is being sold now at 300 grams for 1 buck use to be 500 grams

anyway live by the water or ocean in these times of the world has gone crazy

Carrots here are one of the cheapest foods you can buy, a bag for $1. But they don’t really taste like carrots anymore, that’s why I grow them even though they are cheap. I like that real carrot taste. Celery is cheap too here.

Pasta has gone up, but the quality has gone down, I’ve noticed it.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Here's the thing I don't know how a family on a tight budget with more than 2 kids does it, especially a single parent.

When we did the blended family thing 2 adults and 4 teenage daughters occasionally it was damn expensive and times were good.

We never had to do this but I understand it, Mom was a good cook and prepared home-cooked meals but we had our moments where dinner was salmon patties from canned salmon, with fried diced potatoes and mom's homemade biscuits.

Our treat way back in the 70's was the Chef Boyardee "Pizza Kit" which was tomato sauce bread and kraft parmesan cheese

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   
carbs carbs carbs
fat fat fat

in that video.

you dont have to look like august gloop and get diabetes eating cheap.

you can just buy a rice cooker, and have rice with tuna, beans, eggs, veggies. thats cheap and way healthier.

a reply to: putnam6

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   

There is NO way an average family can eat out much these days. I got Jimmy Johns for my family the other day.
It was $56!!!! For sandwiches!!!! Sandwiches!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
carbs carbs carbs
fat fat fat

in that video.

you can just buy a rice cooker, and have rice with tuna, beans, eggs, veggies. thats cheap and way healthier.

I think you’d be shocked at how many Americans survive on cheap pasta.
My son worked in a massive food warehouse when he was younger and he said the amount of pasta and pasta sauce was insane, cases and endless cases.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Cheap pasta makes you way fatter than cheap rice that's for sure.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Here's as nice little thought or you with the food banks. Where do the food banks get all their products from to let people have them cheap or free. Oh yes, from the same supermarkets that are selling the food off at higher prices. OK, the food banks say it's because the food is on or near the sell by/use by dates so the supermarkets give them the food.
But if you think about it the supermarkets must be making a loss on this food so why don't they assuage this loss by dropping the prices across the board?

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 04:04 PM
link   

carbs carbs carbs
fat fat fat

in that video.

Where did I say suggest of infer it's healthy, but if you are poor some eat that way.

The dirt poor in the south did and probably still do LOL buy a rice cooker LOL

While we were fine and well-fed growing up 3 meals atleast, I knew other kids who weren't so lucky.

You got six people to feed a plate of spaghetti a little sauce and bread go a long way, much farther than perishable vegetables. that pretty much has to be bought every week.

The guy has a whole series and yea he eats tuna, rice, and beans too, sometimes canned veggies, and he doesn't suggest it's healthy either only it's affordable. He will occasionally buy stuff from a regular grocery store but only if it's on sale like 50% off.

Not to mention you have to have a vehicle and or live by a decent grocery store so you can eat healthier. But some people live paycheck to paycheck and don't have that simple luxury.

I can remember as a kid my Dad sometimes would take a box of groceries to an old lady he met at the grocery store where she was buying a case of canned dog food, my Dad asked her what kind of dog she had and she said she didn't have a dog.

edit on 16-3-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

carbs carbs carbs
fat fat fat

in that video.

I think you’d be shocked at how many Americans survive on cheap pasta.
My son worked in a massive food warehouse when he was younger and he said the amount of pasta and pasta sauce was insane, cases and endless cases.

No, I know JAGSTORM when you work for Termnix you see all kinds of places and walk into people's actual lives, where the landlord is paying for the service, and whoever is renting the place lives like a pauper. You have whole apartment complexes full of people in the same financial situation. Sure there is a shiny new grocery store a few miles away, but you had better not miss the bus to go there or there is a crappy convenience store that has some canned goods, rice pasta, etc. right next door.

If you lived on a fixed income they used to get paid once a month, and by the end of the month, if some other expense popped up. There wasn't a lot of eating out.
edit on 16-3-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

But if you think about it the supermarkets must be making a loss on this food so why don't they assuage this loss by dropping the prices across the board?

I don't know crayzeed but given the massive increase in the cost of food and living over the past few years, something has to give.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 11:10 PM
link   
We eat pretty healthy foods, mostly homemade from mostly real foods in the grocery store. Lots of soups, chicken, beef, and some pork along with fresh and frozen veggies. We do sometimes use cream of mushroom soup and canned tomatoes and certain processed spaghetti sauces plus Amish noodles in things. It is not all healthy food but way more healthy than most of the stuff that is highly processed or from the fast food restaurants. Our Tacos are made with decent ingredients but face it, a Taco is not health food.

We eat about eighty percent real food these days, and we seem to be decently healthy for our ages. But we are not going to go health food nuts and I hate avacados. We can metabolize some junk foods but not more than thirty percent very well.

Cost wise, we buy a whole chicken, make stuffing, and some mashed potatoes and gravy along with some frozen veggies and the wife and I can eat hearty for two days from that.....that is four meals for about fifteen bucks for two of us...plus we usually feed the great granddaughter and grandson in law one meal too for that....About a buck and a half a meal usually.

Sure, our cost for the beef we get...half a cow...costs quite a bit a pound, eight bucks a pound average for hamburger and better....but the funny how that grassfed organic beef tastes so great and it fills us up so quick...if it is healthy you do not need to eat so much to be satisfied I have found. The same goes for when we get a local organic free range chicken...I eat half as much and am satisfied....but the cost is twice the price per pound of what we pay for a chicken from the store so that is about even

It is not much more expensive to eat healthy. But there is lots of time involved in preparing the meals and you need to have a stock of supplies to do so....and a freezer to buy stuff on sale and rotate. We are down to eight full chickens in the freezer, and eight packages of vacuum packed chicken breasts... two smaller breast halves per pack...plus quite a few packages of chicken leg quarters. The ten pound pack of skinless boneless chicken breasts were fifteen bucks, ten pounds of leg quarters...seven ninety eight, and the chickens were one twenty two a pound.

But we do have a vacuum packer, and the bags usually run about ten to fifteen cents apiece when we get them on sale...that is also work and expense.

We know how to shop and we are running three freezers for stocking stuff, something many cannot do. By December all three freezers are pretty much full. It tapers down to one and a half freezers by spring...I am talking sixteen to eighteen foot upright freezers, not those little chest type...think half a cow taking one whole freezer....but we do give out about half of that for Christmas presents so we do get more room by Christmas to add stock. We have a full refrigerator, no freezer on that.

If we were working, we would not have time to do all that cooking from scratch, and also it creates a lot of dishes....which also need to be washed.

With the price in restaurants going up so much, we now cook eighty percent of our meals at home. We do occasionally go out for a fish fry or to a chinese buffet, and sometimes the wife goes for pizza or a light Lunch with her friends.

People cut corners on home made meals for a few reasons....time of course, doing dishes, lack of desire to cook, and of course, they want to spend their money on their wants instead of their needs. Their desire to reward themselves outweighs their nutritional needs...this leads to more money flowing to the medical and pharma industry but does lessen their need for the fire department for kitchen fires. People want high dopamine producing foods to increase their feel good state but this leads to more creation of dopamine reducing enzymes being created which creates an addiction...a real addiction. It necessitates them needing antidepressants and SSRI meds to remain normal.

Been rambling too long now with things people cannot fathom is going on....Are you addicted to food chemistry?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join