It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - Video - Moment Russian aircraft intercepts US drone over Black Sea

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Oh it was a well known secret that Soviet crews were operating North Vietnamese SAM systems, MiGs, and listening posts. It just wasn’t officially released until fairly recently.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: MykeNukem

Oh it was a well known secret that Soviet crews were operating North Vietnamese SAM systems, MiGs, and listening posts. It just wasn’t officially released until fairly recently.

Should have hammered them IMO

But yea, I get the politics involved.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
My fault, should have written "shouldn´t be" instead of "is".

Let me dream of a sane world where everything would be for peaceful purposes first and for wars (and money making with it) and military BS last.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
To me, that is an act of war.

It is an act of war, but we have to be the reasonable side or there will be WW3. Putin and his military are obviously either unhinged or incompetent.

I think it's time to start providing jets to Ukraine.

Ukraine has already wiped out a very big section of Russian tanks and artillery. Time to provide them with air force so they can finish the job. That would leave a weak and impotent Russia (more impotent?) that would create issues for the region. It would destabilize the region and there would be local conflicts.

China, of course, can not have a destabilized region so it would eventually move in and "stabilize" the "historically Chinese" Russian lands.

It's just a matter of time before China takes over a weakened Russia, let's help them out.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

I think it's time to start providing jets to Ukraine.

Ukraine has already wiped out a very big section of Russian tanks and artillery. Time to provide them with air force so they can finish the job. That would leave a weak and impotent Russia (more impotent?) that would create issues for the region. It would destabilize the region and there would be local conflicts.

Your wish is Poland's command...

Four Soviet-era MiG-29s to be sent as first instalment and could lead to other Nato members providing warplanes

Poland will become the first country to deliver fighter jets to Ukraine in the next few days, marking a significant upward step in military backing for Kyiv ahead of an expected counter-offensive.

From The Guardian: www.theguardian.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Something does not look right with this video, it looks too clinical. Take the first sequence, the sun is on the left side of the shot and below the jet there are a few small white dots in the sea. In the second sequence the small dots are a bit to the left of the jet (which shows the jet approaching on near enough the same trajectory) but quite obviously the jet is approaching straight down the sun line as seen by the sun cast on the sea. That mean between the first sequence and the second sequence the sun has moved 90 degrees.

Or am I being pedantic?

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Something does not look right with this video, it looks too clinical. Take the first sequence, the sun is on the left side of the shot and below the jet there are a few small white dots in the sea. In the second sequence the small dots are a bit to the left of the jet (which shows the jet approaching on near enough the same trajectory) but quite obviously the jet is approaching straight down the sun line as seen by the sun cast on the sea. That mean between the first sequence and the second sequence the sun has moved 90 degrees.

Or am I being pedantic?

The drone is constantly turning right so not sure why sun movement is surprising. It's clearly seen with the wingtip vs clouds in the very first seconds of the clip and also the Russian jet adjusting to hit it by turning right.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   

And interfering in Ukrainian politics, pissing all over the Minsk agreement then arming Ukraine with some of the most advanced weapons on earth to kill Russians ain't?

We've gone long past what is an act of war.
edit on 16-3-2023 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

pissing all over the Minsk agreement

Didn't Russia do that when they invaded Ukraine?

Russia needs to get over the whole Ukraine belongs to them.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

pissing all over the Minsk agreement

Didn't Russia do that when they invaded Ukraine?

Russia needs to get over the whole Ukraine belongs to them.

Nope, The Minsk agreement was pissed all over when the US interfered in Ukrainian politics pre and post-2014.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 07:21 PM
link   
They're back.

Out of Navel Air Station Sigonella.

It's getting closer to Romania.
*looks around the crowd*
edit on 17-3-2023 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Right. Whatever makes you sleep better at night.

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   
dbl
edit on 18-3-2023 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join