It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - Video - Moment Russian aircraft intercepts US drone over Black Sea

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Just saw this... Top Gun style!

The Guardian Youtube Description:

The Pentagon has released footage that appears to show a Russian aircraft intercepting a US Air Force drone in international airspace over the Black Sea. The head of Russia's foreign intelligence service says Moscow has the technological capability to recover the debris of the MQ-9 Reaper drone from the seabed. But US officials say the debris could be in deep water that would make a recovery impossible, and the drone has no real intelligence value. The impact site is believed to be in international waters off the west coast of occupied Crimea, where Russia has established naval bases and airfield

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Great
now we can pay more for spinach .

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Neat footage.

I must admit that looks a little unhinged, you'd think they'd have a cleaner method of disabling and retrieving these. Like firing a net with buoys over the drone to be retrieved from the water easily. Doesn't look like they gave it much thought, lol.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 08:49 AM
link   
To me, that is an act of war.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Quick release of video to provide Distraction from Biden NOT releasing the Covid-19 Intel Report.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

By whom?

It was an American drone operating over the black sea...

I wouldn't exactly call that a violation of American airspace as much as it was a violation of Russian airspace.

The sooner you all realize our government are the bad guy's the better.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 09:09 AM
link   

So the States deserved it then?

I agree.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
I wouldn't exactly call that a violation of American airspace as much as it was a violation of Russian airspace.

Except it wasn't Russian airspace and the Russians said as much.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 09:24 AM
link   
So the russians did actually take a fuel piss on the reaper!

Looks like the Biden admin were actualy telling the truth.
That is the real shocker here IMO.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

The drone was in international air space not Russian air space.

As to deserving it well its a drone, so treating it in a particular manner is really neither here nor there.

Wonder what kind of damage the Flanker took via the collision?

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 09:33 AM
link   

General Milley is leaving open the possibility that the drone takedown was an accident.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

As to deserving it well its a drone, so treating it in a particular manner is really neither here nor there.

Yea, well I'm sure if Russia flew a drone off the coast of the USA in International waters the States would take care of that too. Especially while aiding their enemy...

No idea the damage the Russian jet would have taken, probably not much.

This is inevitable and similar is going to happen again, until it escalates, like a lot of us have been saying...

Not surprised, like, at all.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The Flankers did twice dump fuel on or into the drone's flight path in an attempt to down the vehicle or cause damage which certainly could not be considered to be accidental.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
So the russians did actually take a fuel piss on the reaper!

Looks like the Biden admin were actualy telling the truth.
That is the real shocker here IMO.

Maybe the pilot was a Russian hooker and the drone reminded them of a former president?

Obviously, the drone was damaged bc of Trump...more collusion. Impeach!(again, 3rd time is the charm)

/sarc....?

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 09:41 AM
link   

The Flankers did twice dump fuel on or into the drone's flight path in an attempt to down the vehicle or cause damage which certainly could not be considered to be accidental.

Take it up with General Milley.
I think the Russians took it down intentionally...but, neither of us are 4-Star Generals.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Yea, well I'm sure if Russia flew a drone off the coast of the USA in International waters the States would take care of that too. Especially while aiding their enemy...

Really, because they let a Chinese spy balloon travel clear across the nation before downing the thing, so there is that.

No idea the damage the Russian jet would have taken, probably not much.

The thing is America can afford to lose drones, whereas Russia might be hard-pushed to repair or replace the jet depending if any serious damage was done to the airframe right now, given their predicament.

This is inevitable and similar is going to happen again, until it escalates, like a lot of us have been saying...

Somehow i suspect a lot of peeps are secretly praying that it escalates, not Russia all the same, who would be decimated in any sort of air war with US or NATO forces.

Not surprised, like, at all.

It's not really that big a deal to be honest MykeNukem, its a drone, that is replaceable, things like this are expected to happen in any sort of contested air space and factored in to the equation.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Yea, well I'm sure if Russia flew a drone off the coast of the USA in International waters the States would take care of that too.

After the way this administration let a Chinese spy platform cross the entire continental US...I wouldn't be so sure.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

By whom?

It was an American drone operating over the black sea...

The sooner you all realize our government are the bad guy's the better.

The drone was in INTERNATIONAL airspace. It has as much right to be there as the Russians do.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Take it up with General Milley.

I don't think the man is returning my calls this afternoon for some reason IAMTAT.

I think the Russians took it down intentionally.

Me too.

but, neither of us are 4-Star Generals.

The thing is the video evidence of them dumping fuel over the drone shows their intent, so we dont need to be "4-Star Generals", in this instance armchair generals will suffice.
edit on 16-3-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Is it confirmed as fuel?

Seems odd they'd use such a technique instead of electronic warfare to capture the drone intact for no cost or risk.

Could be Russia using ancient tactics to avoid revealing anything up to date or just very poor use of resources/money.

Can't see the Russian jet taking any damage - we used to have a cannon that fired frozen turkeys/chickens at 800+mph when designing UK and US jets to make sure they would withstand birdstrike - a drone wont have the mass/force to do anything apart from scratch paintwork.
edit on 16-3-2023 by bastion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join