It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At risk persons still being hospitalized/COVID are you still getting boosted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If you are older than 50, the US is still hospitalizing 13 people a day for COVID, this is at a rate higher than Feb-May 2022 and May-July 2021. So who is still getting boosted? According to the CDC, everybody should still be getting their boosters. Even the New York Times's current hospitalizations bare this out.

The last time Mom went in for surgery, they asked if she was vaxxed. She was then but that was when the anaesthesiologist said she was having problems with getting oxygen and they scrubbed the surgery. Since then she has had her pacemaker and ablation procedures and is doing great and we really don't want to upset the applecart.

Now she finally has her knee replacement rescheduled and the hospital is still requiring COVID screening. See below but right now it seems like they are still screening though, and not allowing surgery in some cases.

Last time it about wore her out getting ready for surgery and waiting and having it scrubbed, we want to avoid that if possible. We are seriously thinking of rescheduling till after the pandemic emergency is canceled and hopefully the hospital will no longer require being updated and COVID-free. We will get her boosted if we have to, but that also brings the risk of her getting COVID and failing the surgical COVID test if required. 1st world problems, no doubt

www.cdc.gov...

Stay Up to Date with COVID-19 Vaccines Including Boosters
Updated Mar. 2, 2023
Español | Other Languages
Print
What You Need to Know
CDC recommends everyone stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines for their age group:
Children and teens aged 6 months–17 years
Adults aged 18 years and older
Getting a COVID-19 vaccine after you have recovered from COVID-19 infection provides added protection against COVID-19.
People who are moderately or severely immunocompromised have different recommendations for COVID-19 vaccines.
COVID-19 vaccine and booster recommendations may be updated as CDC continues to monitor the latest COVID-19 data.
Updated Boosters Are Recommended
CDC recommends 1 updated booster dose:

For everyone aged 5 years and older who completed their primary series.
For children aged 6 months–4 years who completed the Moderna primary series.

COVID-19 Screening Process for Patients Scheduled for Surgery
UPDATED JULY 1, 2022:

Effective July 1, 2022, Surgical Services departments will move to a screening-based strategy for COVID-19 symptoms for patients undergoing surgical procedures. This means that you will be assessed for current symptoms of COVID-19, assessed for exposure to someone with COVID-19, and assessed for a history of COVID-19 within the past 90 days.

If you experience symptoms of COVID-19 or find out that you were exposed to someone with COVID-19 within seven days before your surgery, call the COVID-19 Symptom Hotline at

You will be prompted to select the number for the facility where your surgery is scheduled. Once you select your facility, you will be routed to a nurse in our Pre-Surgery Testing departments, who will evaluate your symptoms or exposure, schedule you for a COVID-19 test, and inform your surgeon.

If you get a voice mailbox when you call, please leave a detailed message, including your name, date of birth, location of surgery, and date of surgery, and a nurse will call you back either the same day or the following day.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   
If someone asked me to take a jab, I would point them to the website:

c19early.com

With what information has been coming out despite the censorship, I have not had the vax yet and will not have it.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   
many colleges are still mandating young adults to get jabbed before getting enrolled - my god!

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

A lot would depend on all the variables, I would think. How old is your mother? How did she react to previous vaccination? How is her overall health?

A total joint replacement is a wonderful thing....when it's successful. Unfortunately, that's not always the case. Mine was not a success story; I was in pain for 2-3 months that nothing could relieve, and it triggered a case of sciatica that made me wonder if I'd ever recover.
It's a BIG surgery for someone of advanced age and compromised health. In the end, the robotic surgery, which is supposed to increase accuracy, left me needing another surgery for an 'adjustment' to the joint. There's always the potential for things to go very wrong and I'd rather have my original joints with their problems than deal with the problems artificial joints have cause-for which there's no cure.

In hindsight, I really wish I had just used a brace and skipped all the misery for the amount of time I have left on this rock. The daily pain my bionic joints cause is worse than the off and on pain pre-surgery.

I hope the best for your mom, no matter what the final decision.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

A lot would depend on all the variables, I would think. How old is your mother? How did she react to previous vaccination? How is her overall health?

A total joint replacement is a wonderful thing....when it's successful. Unfortunately, that's not always the case. Mine was not a success story; I was in pain for 2-3 months that nothing could relieve, and it triggered a case of sciatica that made me wonder if I'd ever recover.
It's a BIG surgery for someone of advanced age and compromised health. In the end, the robotic surgery, which is supposed to increase accuracy, left me needing another surgery for an 'adjustment' to the joint. There's always the potential for things to go very wrong and I'd rather have my original joints with their problems than deal with the problems artificial joints have cause-for which there's no cure.

In hindsight, I really wish I had just used a brace and skipped all the misery for the amount of time I have left on this rock. The daily pain my bionic joints cause is worse than the off and on pain pre-surgery.

I hope the best for your mom, no matter what the final decision.

I'm so sorry to hear that nugget, I really am, chronic pain is the worst Prayers...

We are fortunate Mom has handled all of her surgeries well so far, she even had her hip replaced post-COVID and she has done very well and ended her pain. Even though her body is breaking down her mind is still sharp and she wants to be able to get around and visit people when she can. As her children, we are very much in complete support mode for whatever her decisions are. For her knee and hip both we have tried various other treatments, devices, pills, and creams. Hell we just got a vibration plate that helps my left foot issues somewhat and with other treatments I'm okay but Mom's not a fan of it. but she does have 24 years of extra mileage too

As for the COVID vax, she is vaxxed and twice boosted, we are completely speculating but, her issues where the surgery had to be scrubbed were close enough to her last booster shot, just getting the boost may have kept her from getting COVID but exasperated her heart condition. We don't know, she has an excellent cardiologist, and we listen to her. She doesn't dance around it may have had some effect. FWIW

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If you want to inject your mom with experimental gene therapy that doesn't cure covid/the flu, that's your deal.
Keep us updated!!👎

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
If someone asked me to take a jab, I would point them to the website:

c19early.com

With what information has been coming out despite the censorship, I have not had the vax yet and will not have it.

I'm not vaxxed either, my Mom's old-school though, if her government tells her she needs to get vaxxed she gets vaxxed, and here we are.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
If you want to inject your mom with experimental gene therapy that doesn't cure covid/the flu, that's your deal.
Keep us updated!!👎

WOW, how overly dramatic we are, LOL look at my history Ive been anti-rushed COVID vaccine since the beginning still am , and it has nothing to do with "poison" or "graphite" in your blood BS. It has to do with the chances of getting sick being so infinitely small unless you were in an at-risk group.

See if you can follow along Ive heard long COVID affects your reading comprehension

the thread is about being put into a situation where you have to make these choices. The fact that she is vaxxed and twice boosted is moot, but this is what she had to do to get her other treatments and surgeries done these past 2 years. period For example getting her pacemaker and ablation, at the time she had to be vaxxed, period.

Her quality of life since made it definitely the right choice for her

We don't want to have her get boosted a 3rd time if it's not necessary for her knee surgery. Though the hospital right now seems to require it at least in some instances, which is BS. As others have also pointed out, considering I can't do her knee surgery we are kind of stuck with what her hospital's requirements are

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I'm 60 and got Covid last September. No problem. Just like the flu bug. Cough last a couple weeks after although pretty mild.

Never will I EVER accept any treatments of any kind from the immoral charletons that pushed the nightmare with devastating consequences.

It's better to die with honor rather than a coward submitting to liars, tyrants, and cheats.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I'm nearing 60 and there is no way on this Earth I'll ever take that mRNA shot or any others like it.
I'd rather face the flu or stick needles in my eyes.
I know too much about it to ever trust it.

That's the beauty of knowledge, I don't have to guess or ask anyone.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Still not vaxx'd. Had rona 1 time in 3 years.

Covid doesn't exist to me in my world, but that's just me... I guess I'll go around like typhoid Mary killing old ladies.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Again respectfully it wasn't supposed to be a yay am not vaxxed, if you are vaxxed you are a dumbass thread. Aint we had plenty of them.

As I said I'm not vaxxed however my Mom is, it was required if she was gonna be able to get any kind of doctor's care for the past 2 years. We discussed it was a family and her being of sound mind we told her the concerns, she still wanted to have access to her same doctors and be able to get whatever treatment, surgeries, and procedures her doctors recommended. She accepted the risk of vaccines vs the reward of still being able to breathe and move, thats the point of the thread. Making her have to choose and not be sure, but knowing her life without was so bad she would risk it

We were lucky enough to get her hip surgery done right before COVID hit, but she has had other necessary surgeries and procedures since every one of them required proof of vax and COVID screening. I'm not even sure at the time of the pacemaker and ablation surgery we could have found a hospital where they would have done the surgery without being vaxxed in the area. If we had skipped the pacemaker surgery I doubt she would be here now at all and if she were she would be lethargic and inactive.

Even at my mother's advanced age less than 287,000 of those in her age group who did get COVID actually died that total was 7.7%. and the approximate percentage of those in her age group in the US that died from COVID WAS 1.7 percent. Even those were drastically reduced as the months went on.

So respectfully it doesn't matter the mRNA implications or the vaccine adverse reaction worries, BTW look at my history I have no doubt one of the first threads on ATS is about adverse reactions. It doesn't matter though keep it simple, ever since COVID hit only 1.7 percent of 16.5 million Americans aged 75-84 years died because of COVID.

edit on 15-3-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 04:09 PM
link   

It's been almost year since the last time our hospital asked me if I had a covid jab, I had two procedures since then that require general anesthesia and no even once I was tested for covid.

Most be because I am in a Republican state, I have not heard anybody I know been in the hospital with covid.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

It's been almost year since the last time our hospital asked me if I had a covid jab, I had two procedures since then that require general anesthesia and no even once I was tested for covid.

Most be because I am in a Republican state, I have not heard anybody I know been in the hospital with covid.

Respectfully this happened in Georgia at Northside last year and at Emory St Joseph... both still screen for COVID before surgery if I am reading their presurgery procedures correctly.

I always thought you lived in Georgia too, must be outside of the metro area

Northside Hospital Atlanta Georgia...

www.northside.com...

COVID-19 Screening Process for Patients Scheduled for Surgery
UPDATED JULY 1, 2022:

Effective July 1, 2022, Northside Hospital Surgical Services departments will move to a screening-based strategy for COVID-19 symptoms for patients undergoing surgical procedures. This means that you will be assessed for current symptoms of COVID-19, assessed for exposure to someone with COVID-19, and assessed for a history of COVID-19 within the past 90 days.

If you experience symptoms of COVID-19 or find out that you were exposed to someone with COVID-19 within seven days before your surgery, call the COVID-19 Symptom Hotline at 404-497-8555 .

You will be prompted to select the number for the facility where your surgery is scheduled. Once you select your facility, you will be routed to a nurse in our Pre-Surgery Testing departments, who will evaluate your symptoms or exposure, schedule you for a COVID-19 test, and inform your surgeon.

If you get a voice mailbox when you call, please leave a detailed message, including your name, date of birth, location of surgery, and date of surgery, and a nurse will call you back either the same day or the following day.

Prompts on the Symptom Hotline will fall under the five Hospital Campuses. If you are having a procedure at one of our outpatient surgery locations, please review the list below to determine which Hospital Campus you should select:

Atlanta: Northside Hospital Atlanta: Ground and Third Floor Surgery, Breast Care Surgery Center at the Women’s Center, Meridian Mark Outpatient Surgery Center, Midtown Outpatient Surgery Center, Peachtree Dunwoody Outpatient Surgery Center, Sandy Springs Outpatient Surgery Center, Tower Outpatient Surgery Center, Alpharetta Outpatient Surgery Center, Decatur Urology Outpatient Surgery Center

Cherokee: Northside Hospital Cherokee, Northside Hospital Cherokee Outpatient Surgery Center (Canton Place), Towne Lake Outpatient Surgery Center

Forsyth: Northside Hospital Forsyth, Forsyth Outpatient Surgery Center (Haw Creek), Surgical Care Center/1800 Surgical Care Center

Gwinnett/Duluth: Northside Hospital Gwinnett, Northside Hospital Duluth, Gwinnett Day Surgery, Duluth Outpatient Surgery, Johns Creek Orthopedic Surgery Center

www.emoryhealthcare.org...

What to Expect
Thank you for selecting Emory Healthcare for your upcoming surgery/procedure. You have always known Emory Healthcare to deliver high-quality care and patient safety. And, in response to COVID-19, we are taking extraordinary steps to maintain these standards.

Below is what patients can expect:

Before your surgery/procedure, if anesthesia is planned, your physician will arrange for a COVID-19 test for you.
We ask that patients self-quarantine between the date of your COVID-19 test and your procedure. If you must go out, wear a mask, practice social distancing, and wash your hands often.
If you exhibit COVID-19 symptoms prior to your procedure (such as fever, cough, fatigue, body aches), contact your provider right away.
During all face-to-face interactions with your care team, you and anyone accompanying you to assist with registration will be asked to wear a mask. If you do not have one, one will be provided.
You are allowed to bring one person with you to drop you off and assist you during registration. Once registration is complete, your visitor will need to leave the facility.
No visitors are allowed to stay or wait inside the facility.
During check-in, we will confirm phone numbers to reach your family member(s), caregiver, or loved ones so we can provide updates. They will receive information about how to contact your care team as well.
Your physician and nurses will communicate with the identified person(s) by phone. Your nurse will coordinate your discharge plans and notify them when it is time to pick you up.
If you are admitted to the hospital following your procedure, your care team will maintain communication with one identified person of your choice.
Any belongings that you bring with you will be given to Security to be locked up and returned to you or an identified person at your request.
Please discuss any special needs with your care team. We are committed to ensuring you and your loved ones have the information you need.

edit on 15-3-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Yes I do, I had two procedures in august last year, and nothing about covid, for them, It was business as usual. I do not have the jab

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The last time I was required to take a covid test was over a year ago to travel to PR, I went to PR a few weeks ago and no longer any covid test or mask to travel, I guess is because Atlanta is very democrat? I am just guessing.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 08:06 PM
link   

As for the COVID vax, she is vaxxed and twice boosted

If your mom didn't have any serious reactions to that many vaccines I'd say she's got a pretty robust system. Most elderly folks that get really sick from the second jab don't do well with boosters, apparently.

My MIL is in her 90's; she sailed through the first shot but got really sick with the second, so her GP advised against any boosters. She puts her faith in whatever the government, doctors and politicians (liberal) tell her, so I know that uphill battle well.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 08:15 PM
link   

At risk persons still being hospitalized/COVID are you still getting boosted

not just no but hell no, i haven't even been jabbed the first time.

i've said it several times on here and it bears repeating, anything that is man made that can communicate with your DNA can and most likely will f+++ you up. don't do it.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I'm not vaxxed either, my Mom's old-school though, if her government tells her she needs to get vaxxed she gets vaxxed, and here we are.

My mum is in the same boat. Tried warning her, but when up against all the tv programming and what her doctor says it was a tough fight. She is a lot more resistant now to getting more boosters.

When it comes to dealing with the hospital, these messages saying you must be up to date with the vax sounds like a bluff. Maybe there are some hospital administrators still heavily invested in the vax agenda and will block a treatment depending on this status? For your mum I expect it is stressful, those pushing the boosters know this.

On the surface it will be tough to find a hospital that will admit it will still treat you if unvaxxed. All the big hospitals have a lot of staff with a lot of different views when getting inside. If everything else is a go for surgery, except vax status, some will go ahead, some wont.

I guess it comes down to just how much resolve your mum has on this issue. Is she willing to risk another delay as she holds the line on getting another booster? Worst case, might have to go to somewhere like Florida or Texas. Best case, there are enough staff in these hospitals that know this vax is bad and helps give them more encouragement to shut down this vax policy. Its the ones that direct the medical funding that seams to be the big pushers of the vax policy.

top topics

join