It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we need God anymore?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
No we don�t, we should kill him now

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by arcana imperii

And how do you propose to do that arcana Im...???

You can only push God away from your self if you that is what you wish to do!
You alone have that choice to do so........Your thinking is only your own and no matter how much you push Him away God will not be gone forever .........

You can deny God only within yourself.......you cannot kill God just because you do not believe in Him!

Such strong emotions coming from someone that does not need God.........What will it profit you if you were to kill Him???
Do you see your life changing in any way by saying what you believe is true within yourself?
I mean,will your life change if God is killed?
How can you kill God if you do not believe in Him?
It seems to me that you are asking God for something and you express it in a negative way.......God is only dead if you want Him out of your heart....and it seems that He is not dead but waiting for you to ask Him what the real problem is!
By you saying 'kill Him now'' what exactly does that mean???

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

Originally posted by arcana imperii

And how do you propose to do that arcana Im...???

You can only push God away from your self if you that is what you wish to do!
You alone have that choice to do so........Your thinking is only your own and no matter how much you push Him away God will not be gone forever .........

You can deny God only within yourself.......you cannot kill God just because you do not believe in Him!

Such strong emotions coming from someone that does not need God.........What will it profit you if you were to kill Him???
Do you see your life changing in any way by saying what you believe is true within yourself?
I mean,will your life change if God is killed?
How can you kill God if you do not believe in Him?
It seems to me that you are asking God for something and you express it in a negative way.......God is only dead if you want Him out of your heart....and it seems that He is not dead but waiting for you to ask Him what the real problem is!
By you saying 'kill Him now'' what exactly does that mean???
good point for thou can never kill God if he only let's him out of his life. and if god was really dead how would we survive on our own? i mean no one will never get answers or clues like they usually ask when talking to God. Arcana u sound like a lonely man. A lonely man in need of answers but never gotten them because u were so negative.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   

The weird thing for me is that most of the people who find God, find him when they're down and depressed.

It wasn't like that for me.

I thought I was happy with no worries at the time, and when I found Him I was terrified.
It took me a while to adjust but now I'm even happier than I was before.

As for needing Him? I know I do.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
when was "he" ever there for us in the first place
as far as im concerned we are on our own til "they" visit

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kitty
when was "he" ever there for us in the first place
as far as im concerned we are on our own til "they" visit
Kitty it's not the reason if 'he' was ever there for us, it's the reason if we can make it on our own, God wants that for us. If babysits us then how can we ever learned from our independent expierence. He watches over us, even the bad ones that don't deserved to live. Let's just say that god has a weird way of loving us, call it tough love.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Why do some people have such a belief? Is it because they are weak-minded, or is there truly something there?

I do not assume that those who believe in God are weak-minded, nor unintelligent, etc. Why the belief? Simple...most of us do not want to admit that we are on our own, and they want to believe that someone is looking out for us. Others want direction in life, and don't want to consider the idea that there isn't a "grand plan". Humans strive to create order out of chaos and the unknown...it's our nature. So, when something is truly unknown, we ascribe a "theory" to it. Some just accept this "theory" as fact, and then become loyal to it. Others, have experiences that they believe reaffirm the theory. It still doesn't change the theory to fact though....nor can it ever.

The good news (or bad news), is that eventually, when we die, we'll find out for sure....whether or not we even realize whether or not we found out....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join