It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Fighter Jet Collides with US Drone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Seas don't join and combine do they? I mean, why would they have different names then?
Wouldn't you just call it The Water?

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
By dumping fuel and downing the drone, the Russian pilot was “further polluting the fragile Black Sea

I guess the Nord Stream pipeline sabotage was okay, because that was the Baltic Sea.

The hypocrisy--while stunning--is par for the course.

I have one question: Who has ruined more economies, razed more cities, and "collateral damaged" more babies than anyone else?

Putin? He's a bad hombre indeed but it's not him by my historical calculations.

Or are there at least a couple more "democracy bringers" who top that list by far?

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Currently? I would say Xi Jinping. He has millions of people, women and children, in concentration camps right this very moment. All those people are forced into labor, their DNA forcibly taken and irises scanned, unable to ever leave. Simply because they are of a different religion, a different ideology. China is probably the worst human rights offender on the planet. Putin is pretty bad, but he's killing a lot of his own people and they are letting him as Russians always do.

But what Xi is doing is fascism and that beats anything you're trying to bring up.

But if you want to talk imperialism and as you say you want to talk about it historically, then there are plenty of countries on that list. Younger people always think history is only during their lifetime, so they forget the USA has only really involved itself internationally since WW2. So when you say historically, you were only really thinking last 60 years or so, right?

All these other countries have been imperial empires for centuries and centuries, wreaking havoc all over the planet, looting and pillaging whatever they wanted.

Imperialism Lesson
Colonial Empire

Notice how often Russia is at the top of Imperial empires. USA is a baby still. And we have #ed up. Bush's Iraq war and the lies to start it were bs, it's hard to forgive that. But we've got nothing on the real historic empires.
edit on 14-3-2023 by Mahogany because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany
a reply to: IAMTAT

Not a smart move for the Russians.

1. They're not going to recover the drone, so they can give it to the better engineers, the Iranians, to reverse engineer.

They claim they already retrieved it with the black sea fleet.

Also, I wouldn't discount their engineers. They walk circles around most. Any US engineer that has had Russian professors will agree. What they don't have is the funds to make whatever they dream up. They are smart but poor, if you will.

edit on 14-3-2023 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

What, exactly, do you recommend that Biden should do that you would approve of? What would Trump do?

By my estimation it wouldn't be an issue. Trump knew that by working with Russia on oil and economic win-wins it would shift the Cold War against a Russian communism that hasn't existed in decades.

This because China actually is a real problem both economically and militarily. His China plan--if you remember--was to fix the stoopid trade imbalance. Which was working. They couldn't argue that on the world stage and it wasn't militarily confrontational. China couldn't really deny it and therefore positive changes were happening with more inevitable.

However, Biden said China isn't a threat (surely nothing to do with any CCP money flowing to the family.) Remember that?

Now, China and Russia have bonded and flipped Saudi Arabia. Not to mention Trump would've had China in another advantageous position on the world stage by using the lab leak. Again very good moves that are more diplomacy than reckless idiocy.

All because suckers accepted globalist MSM propaganda that Trump was a Russian stooge.

Enjoy the show because whether you can grasp it or not the national security complex knows where it's going with this. Do you?

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: 1947boomer

How about F'n anything. China is being overly aggressive (ballons/lasers/fly overs/shows of force and now Russia is downing our drones in International waters???

It would be a darn shame if one of those bombers that like to fly to close up by Alaska had an accident. FAFO. Anyone with any sense knows all this BS is going to come to ahead sooner or later.
I hope it don't.

edit on 14-3-2023 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany
So when you say historically, you were only really thinking last 60 years or so, right?

Yeah and I should've clarified that. And, yeah, I do wanna talk Imperialism. My morals demand it. Not so much the new "Dems" as far as I can tell or the republican Warhawks that are leftover. I'll never forgive the Bush's either.

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
What would the US air force do if a russian combat drone would fly around near the US border? Giving it a nice welcome present and invite it to a coffee while saying thanks for the visit to Russia?

Air Force jets intercept Russian aircraft near Alaska

We would do what we always do... follow international law, not cause an incident and peacefully warn the intruding aircraft away, before it has a chance to enter actual US airspace. All of this is done in international airspace and in accordance with international laws. EVERY time they try to do it, and they try it on schedule pretty much.

Did you really not remember ANY of these recent incidents and how we responded before you posted that?

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Ive been hearing about this but just didn't think it worth my time to watch..Thanks very much for posting it

I enjoy these types of performances, sorry just do..But this, friends was awful. He just isn't sexy. The cod pieces are over done.. Its just a bad show..no rhythm..just not much talent..hes terrible..bleh..even for euro-drag..and some of that is actually ok.

Clinger is hotter than this doosh.

Maybe he was freeing his feet..men who stare at goats style..who knows..but not even the slightest bit sexy..fail.

Im not going to associate one thing with the other, but..just not even half art.

Still wish the invasion wouldn't have happened..too much suffering.

a reply to: Grenade

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Did Biden give the order?

Oh, wait that was the balloon thingy....

I say good for Russia, that drone shouldn't be there.

Hopefully there are no retarded consequences though.

edit on 3/14/2023 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 05:12 PM
link   
You know it was just a Russian pilot having some chuckles probably ran across the drone by accident ant thought he would have some fun .

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Doubt it. There’s a difference between manned and unmanned aircraft. Those bombers have a multi crew of lives onboard, the drone is a drone.

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 05:31 PM
link   
At least they did a bunch of fancy flying dangerous stuff to bring it down instead of actually pulling a trigger on one of their missiles or guns.

Kinda trying to obey the rules right

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: putnam6

Who put molasses on your asses? I'm literally comparing and contrasting these two cases, and here's the result: both of the aircraft have cameras, no footage has been released of either incident as far as I'm aware.

Do you have the F-22 pics?

Not upset at all thus the endearing use of synonyms for Cutepants
Perhaps it's because I know you are more intelligent than you are portraying now. It's okay though just discussing this

Let's deal with facts two US military aircraft encounter flying objects one unmanned autonomous drone is taken down in international waters approximately 5200 miles from Washington DC with positive identification immediately and definitely and allegedly the drone has already been recovered by Russia.

The first US military aircraft referenced in the post, was an F-22 it's imaging capabilities are represented below

www.thedrive.com...

F-22 used over Lake Huron imaging and detection are no doubt on par with the drone probably better, yet we are supposed to believe the pilot fired a missile at an unknown and unidentified target, and weeks later we have no official word on what the object was and there were no images and/or video available or even admitted to exist. All we have is the possibility it was a hobbyist weather balloon.

As opposed the Pentagon is already admitting they have video of the drone and Russian aircraft and have been more forthcoming on this incident than one in our own country

the contrast couldn't be clearer

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 06:37 PM
link   
No biggie, Russia is our pal.

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I have one question: Who has ruined more economies, razed more cities, and "collateral damaged" more babies than anyone else? Putin? He's a bad hombre indeed but it's not him by my historical calculations. Or are there at least a couple more "democracy bringers" who top that list by far?

China and the USSR win for sure.

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

China has also had a history over 1000s of years too. It's not like their issues are recent however, they are a regional issue for the most part. It's only recently that they have begun to extend their power.

I am pretty sure the rest of the world will come to regret that.

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

China and the USSR win for sure.

China bad indeed. I loathe them for such but given the parameters I don't think so.

USSR is up there, but there is no USSR so...Stalin, wass up there I admit, but again...

A crafty but disingenuous reply overall.

You are aware, I assume, of the crimes against humanity and damage the U.S. (in our name) has done or no? Does that count when we're moralizing about this but not that?
edit on 14-3-2023 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

No biggie, Russia is our pal.

I'm curious, do you know the Cold War came about mostly by misdiagnosis and unparalleled paranoia?

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
I'm curious, do you know the Cold War came about mostly by misdiagnosis and unparalleled paranoia?

Totally. The Soviet Union were our pals too. It's good to have friends

edit on 14-3-2023 by AugustusMasonicus because: Help me....I'm clotting up at altitude!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join