It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tip,.tip, tip, donate donate....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
I declined to round up for a children's charity earlier this year. I only donate for animals or food pantries. Ever since I refused, that particular clerk treats me like #.

Just wondered if anyone else has this problem.

There is an insane level of greed in this country.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
I declined to round up for a children's charity earlier this year. I only donate for animals or food pantries. Ever since I refused, that particular clerk treats me like #.

Just wondered if anyone else has this problem.

There is an insane level of greed in this country.

That is incredibly accurate.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

There is no doubt in my mind bad people exist and take advantage. All that means to me is people should do their homework before giving.

There are those who get angry that other people give to charities so they even get angry at a sign or a jar on a counter. It's all voluntary and nobody is trying to force them to do anything. If as the OP suggests an employee is upset about them not giving, that's a bad thing but hating the charity over the actions of an individual is absurd.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 08:38 PM
link   
i agree. give to the animals most people dont deserve it a reply to: Creep Thumper

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Just a typical aussie bar/restaurant, dressed up to give the illusion of being fancy.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I only get angry at it being forced on me.

I'll happily donate to a charity, one I want to donate to, and when I want to.

I don't need to be constantly accosted by beggars when I'm out spending my meagre income that barely covers my own cost of living. I don't need strangers every 5 minutes trying to guilt me into giving them money I more than likely don't have to spare.

I'm very much a don't call me I'll call you person in this regard.

heck, any charity that does this just makes me not donate to them. I'll take my money elsewhere. Same as any company that has irritating ads, they tend to just make me go shop with their competition.

I have nothing against charity. Supporting a good cause. Donating to those in genuine need. I don't hate them or get angry with them.
It's the pushiness of it all and the people pushing it that piss me off.

Especially the ones with boards of directors and managers etc. getting paid handsomely for their 'volunteer' work.
edit on 16-3-2023 by AtomicKangaroo because: typos

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

I know from personal experience that charities that do not stay visible and do not actively fundraise fail. They have no choice. No matter how good the work they do, people do not seek them out, they must solicit donors. No soliciting, no charity. No charity no answers to whatever problem they try to solve.

I guess the real issue is that they solicit in a manner that does not leave a bad taste, but there will always be those who criticize how they do it, no matter how careful they are.

An example would be the jar on the counter. Some people actually get angry about an inanimate jar just sitting there with a sign on it.

Even though I personally live payday to payday, I've raised millions for various charities in my life. It's thankless at times but without effort, the good works cease. It is what it is. What I also know is private charities do far more with less money than any government agency can.

posted on Mar, 17 2023 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I give street bums money if they ask politely and give me a little story. I will give an extravagant tip for exceptional service.

And I will give the customary 15% for even poor service. I know what it's like to be homeless and struggle financially even though working a 10hr shift.

Now I'm blessed to be well off enough to help my fellow man. I know that my donations may be used to buy alcohol or drugs but who am I to judge?

I have my 2 charities I contribute and volunteer for...animal shelters and battered women/children housing.
edit on 17-3-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join