It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Credit Suisse stock falls 6% to all time low as bank contagion fears persists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 07:34 AM
link   
First financial book I ever read, was Rich Dad Poor Dad... Is he right? or is it all just market manipulation on ketamin and Red bull? Engineered collapse?

Inquiring minds want to know

Robert Kiyosaki, author of the bestselling book Rich Dad Poor Dad and one of America's best-known financial gurus, is predicting that Zurich-based investment bank Credit Suisse will be the next bank to fail because of the trouble in the bond market.

Credit Suisse stock falls to all-time low as bank contagion fears persist

www.msn.com...

Robert Kiyosaki, author of the bestselling book Rich Dad Poor Dad and one of America's best-known financial gurus, is predicting that Zurich-based investment bank Credit Suisse will be the next bank to fail because of the trouble in the bond market.

In an interview with Fox Business, now available on YouTube, Kiyosaki said he was "concerned" about the situation, adding: "The problem is the bond market, and my prediction—I called Lehman Brothers years ago—and I think the next bank to go is Credit Suisse…because the bond market is crashing."

Kiyosaki, who founded his business Rich Dad Company on the back of the popularity of his 1997 bestseller, recommended people buy gold and silver to keep their savings safe as he expects the Federal Reserve to print more money to keep the U.S. economy afloat.

"BAIL OUTS begin. More fake money to invade sick economy. Still recommend same response. Buy more G, S, BC. Take care. Crash landing ahead," Kiyosaki tweeted on Monda

edit on 14-3-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Setting aside Credit Suisse's issues, Kiyosaki is a scammer and a clown. This guy was pumping vacant lots as viable and active trailer parks and he also was touting real estate purchases just prior to 2008. I trust his advice as much as I trust every member of Congress.

edit on 14-3-2023 by AugustusMasonicus because: Help me....I'm clotting up at altitude!

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Damage control seems to be on it. Watching TV last night every show had commercials praising banks and how wise and safe it is to put your money in them.

It seems Covid vaccine ads have been replaced in the number one spot....and we're on to the next shiny object.

How did they get so many different bank commercials made in one weekend? It seems like some pre-planning may have been involved.

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Bank of Japan keep an eye on that one.

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Hmm,another one who loves some ESG-

Credit Suisse Asset Management aims to be the partner of choice for sustainable investors. In September 2019, we announced our plan to increasingly incorporate environmental, social, and governance considerations – the ESG factors – into the investment process of several of our strategies.

am.credit-suisse.com...

Is there a pattern developing?
Is ESG the tool designed to crash the system in order to force the once free world into the CBDC China style social credit system?

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Never in the history of the world has Gold and Silver been totally worthless But that time is coming.
In terms of barter, the man who trades a sack of flour for a pound of silver would be foolish. Better he keep his flour because he cannot eat your silver.

A time is coming when a man will need to work all day for a lousy loaf of bread, and he will not take silver in return for his work because no one will want it. Silver, Gold, and Diamonds are not edible.

The banks hold dollars. Well, not really. They hold numbers 010100101101 ...that is where your bread comes from at the moment. As they fail those ones and zeros will vanish. People will not want something they cannot eat.

Those who are rich simply have more zeros and ones. But they can all vanish. Then food will be the money. not ones, zeros or gold or silver.
Paper and Gold will hold value for a short time, until people realize they cannot eat paper or gold.
[The bank in this thread also has great holdings in precious metals']
It all begins with the banks. It will all end with the banks.

We cannot trust a word Biden says. Do we really believe the US can prop up all the money in all of the banks? And who will prop up Credit Suisse?
It is impossible to prop up the worlds banks. ...
The banks are the Gold. The paper and the silver.

If someone holds money in one hand and bread in the other, and I am starving. I will take the bread every time. Credit Suisse has no holdings in bread. They store no meat. They have no means of doing so. They also have holdings in diamonds as well. Swallow one and see if it provides you any nourishment.

This is where we are headed. It is about control, and when someone is hungry...you can control them
Whether deliberate or not, someone is at the root cause of the banks failures. So it is
happening and perhaps the reasons for it no longer matter? We just need to be prepared

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DavidsHope
Never in the history of the world has Gold and Silver been totally worthless But that time is coming.
In terms of barter, the man who trades a sack of flour for a pound of silver would be foolish. Better he keep his flour because he cannot eat your silver.

A time is coming when a man will need to work all day for a lousy loaf of bread, and he will not take silver in return for his work because no one will want it. Silver, Gold, and Diamonds are not edible.

The banks hold dollars. Well, not really. They hold numbers 010100101101 ...that is where your bread comes from at the moment. As they fail those ones and zeros will vanish. People will not want something they cannot eat.

Those who are rich simply have more zeros and ones. But they can all vanish. Then food will be the money. not ones, zeros or gold or silver.
Paper and Gold will hold value for a short time, until people realize they cannot eat paper or gold.

We cannot trust a word Biden says. Do we really believe the US can prop up all the money in all of the banks? And who will prop up Credit Suisse?

If someone holds money in one hand and bread in the other, and I am starving. I will take the bread every time. Credit Suisse has no holdings in bread. They store no meat. They have no means of doing so. They also have holdings in diamonds as well. Swallow one and see if it provides you any nourishment.

This is where we are headed. It is about control, and when someone is hungry...you can control them
Whether deliberate or not, someone is at the root cause of the banks failures. So it is
happening and perhaps the reasons for it no longer matter? We just need to be prepared

The words of a soul that leads into the life of the unknown, yet knows the truth. Its called " living by ones wits " .

Thank you for your wonderful post my good friend on ATS.

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Bank of Japan keep an eye on that one.

LOL, it already feels a bit like the little Dutch boy trying to put his fingers in all the holes springing from the leaky dyke.

What should we generally look out for MIM?

The Wall Street Journal
Japan Bank Shares Get Hit in Wake of SVB Collapse

thediplomat.com...

Japan is getting a new Bank of Japan (BOJ) governor. The government has presented economist Ueda Kazuo to the Diet as its candidate. Ueda will need to be approved by both the House of Representatives and the House of Councillors, but since the ruling party has a majority in both chambers, this is unlikely to present a problem. Incumbent BOJ Governor Kuroda Haruhiko’s current term ends in April.

There has long been considerable speculation as to who would replace Kuroda, best known for coming up with the so-called “unprecedented monetary easing” as a means to overcome Japan’s persistent deflation. Many observers have felt that the choice of his successor would determine the fate of Kuroda’s signature policy.

Ueda is a widely respected economist specializing in finance. After graduating from the University of Tokyo, he earned a Ph.D. from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. From 1998 to 2005, he was a member of the Policy Board at the BoJ Monetary Policy Meeting, so he has considerable practical experience. Traditionally, however, the BoJ governor has been appointed from within the Ministry of Finance or from within the BOJ itself This is the first time a scholar has been appointed since the end of World War II.

If confirmed, Ueda faces numerous challenges. After all, Kuroda’s unprecedented monetary easing policies have not only been ineffective, they have in fact been conspicuously harmful.

edit on 14-3-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 09:35 AM
link   

But see thou hurt not the oil and the wine...

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   

The most financially illiterate person I know works at Credit Suisse..
So if that person alone is any indication…

As far as rich dad poor dad. I think high level the book has good points, like how many people are financially illiterate.
I like that he pushes financial education. He wants people to work to learn not for money, but fails to recognize that people still have car payments, house payments and need food.

Lots of “advisers” that really aren’t that great for people.
Look at all the followers of Dave Ramsey. Sooooo much of what he spews is the exact opposite of good solid financial advice/truths. His methods are for the weak minded and maybe help people that are otherwise helpless. When I hear some of his advice and how people eat it up, I just shake my head.

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 10:44 AM
link   
while credit Suisse is a poster child for a collapse, any collapse.. its the dot com bubble that burst a few months ago that's becoming visible.. the offset between burst bubble and collapse is though to be between 3 and 5 months going on previous collapses.. we are now at the 2nd marker point..
edit on 14-3-2023 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 11:57 AM
link   
don't worry, if anything bad does happen, it's Trump's fault. So there is that.

But the reasons non-douchebags are giving for the current situation is banks that bought lots of long term bonds, and didn't account for the interest rate hike. Maybe none of them know either, and it really is all Don's fault.

But if that's true, then I'd expect any bank in that same boat would be likely to suffer the same fate.

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

don't worry, if anything bad does happen, it's Trump's fault. So there is that.

perfect reason to elect trump to fix it then.. eh!

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   

That time you speak of that's coming has never left. History says your wrong. I like your type that brings the "inedible argument".

Can you eat ANY of the world currencies? Can you derive nourishment from a federal reserve note??

No.

You take said medium of exchange and use it to purchase "nourishment".

Silver, gold and diamonds will be worthless?? Never. They are STORAGES of wealth and historically sound in that regard.

I understand the theological angle, but reality will dictate otherwise.
edit on 3/14/2023 by EternalShadow because: correction

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DavidsHope

i will take any gold/silver off you for free, it is useless metal anyways according to you. why burden your shoulders with some useless heavy metals

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: spartan002
a reply to: DavidsHope

i will take any gold/silver off you for free, it is useless metal anyways according to you. why burden your shoulders with some useless heavy metals

You just skipped around the OP , huh ?
Here , let me help .

From the OP .

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Fungibility is the essential thing with gold and silver, more so silver for day-to-day trade.It is just a more efficient way of swapping an egg for a spud.It is never going away, the fiat pushers wish it would.

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Gothmog

In the case given , no way in hades would a sane person trade food for anything .

top topics

join