It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant seaweed blob twice the width of the USA headed towards Florida

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AOx6179
More rare Mother nature shenanigans.

www.foxnews.com...

A giant seaweed bloom – so large it can be seen from outer space – may be headed towards Florida’s Gulf Coast.

The sargassum bloom, at around 5,000 miles wide, is twice the width of the United States and is believed to be the largest in history.

The impending seaweed comes as Floridians along the state's southwest coast have complained about burning eyes and breathing problems. Dead fish have washed up on beaches. A beachside festival has been canceled, even though it wasn't scheduled for another month.

This massive seaweed blob is causing all kinds of havoc already. Red tide is horrendous in the waters surrounding FL's coast. With this things settling in we could see some more weird and even dangerous affects from all that seaweed just hangin about.

All these weird weather/nature anomalies, on the rise in so many different ways really has me wondering about man's manipulation of the weather and how some of this may very well be "side affects" from messing with things man ought not to mess with. Or a somehow "purposed disaster", as wild as that sounds to say. With all these lies and secrets I'm questioning everything I see now-a-days.
Have you ever considered global warming as the culprit ?
I see you jumped right into weather manipulation as a likely cause . Why is everything on ATS about some secret SPECTRE group that is out to get us all ?
Are you 007 ?

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SecrettoSociety
I cannot speak for another member but perhaps it is because after 1000 years of no change in temperature average (1000AD to 2000AD), the change in temperature when using the average temperature from 1960 to 1990 as baseline, the difference in temperature average of the last twenty-three years is +0.65 degrees. I’m sorry but I refuse to believe GW is manmade just as I don’t believe just over a half a degree causes big, acute anomalies. Acuteness comes from abruptness.

edit on 3/14/2023 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

That said, I don’t think weather manipulation is the cause either, make sure I get that said. I think it’s just something that happens once in a while.

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecrettoSociety

www.foxnews.com...

A giant seaweed bloom – so large it can be seen from outer space – may be headed towards Florida’s Gulf Coast.

The sargassum bloom, at around 5,000 miles wide, is twice the width of the United States and is believed to be the largest in history.

The impending seaweed comes as Floridians along the state's southwest coast have complained about burning eyes and breathing problems. Dead fish have washed up on beaches. A beachside festival has been canceled, even though it wasn't scheduled for another month.

This massive seaweed blob is causing all kinds of havoc already. Red tide is horrendous in the waters surrounding FL's coast. With this things settling in we could see some more weird and even dangerous affects from all that seaweed just hangin about.

All these weird weather/nature anomalies, on the rise in so many different ways really has me wondering about man's manipulation of the weather and how some of this may very well be "side affects" from messing with things man ought not to mess with. Or a somehow "purposed disaster", as wild as that sounds to say. With all these lies and secrets I'm questioning everything I see now-a-days.
I see you jumped right into weather manipulation as a likely cause . Why is everything on ATS about some secret SPECTRE group that is out to get us all ?
Are you 007 ?

I don't take anything too seriously on here. I was being more facetious than anything. I do not think a big seaweed clump has been weaponized.
However, with everything that been going on I question everything, and nothing, not even a giant seaweed monster sent to destroy things would not surprise me in the least.

007, out.

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat
a reply to: SecrettoSociety
I cannot speak for another member but perhaps it is because after 1000 years of no change in temperature average (1000AD to 2000AD), the change in temperature when using the average temperature from 1960 to 1990 as baseline, the difference in temperature average of the last twenty-three years is +0.65 degrees. I’m sorry but I refuse to believe GW is manmade just as I don’t believe just over a half a degree causes big, acute anomalies. Acuteness comes from abruptness.

Peace

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecrettoSociety

www.foxnews.com...

Are you 007 ?

I don't take anything too seriously on here. I was being more facetious than anything. I do not think a big seaweed clump has been weaponized.
However, with everything that been going on I question everything, and nothing, not even a giant seaweed monster sent to destroy things would not surprise me in the least.

007, out.
Lol & no there is not more problems today than before, we just get bad news piped to us non stop is all .
Im on the Disco Volante now .

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I wonder how much oxygen bubbles off a biomass that size. I think humanity should breathe easier knowing the ocean is supplying us with fresh air.

a reply to: AOx6179

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 06:51 AM
link   
That’s why the Biden admin going to make volcanoes illegal.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Just for your information the global extinctions that we are being blamed for, whoops, just a couple. Polar bears are not getting fewer because the ice melting, they're thriving. The grey seal population around the UK is expanding and in the news tonight, wolf packs are thriving and expanding in Europe becoming problems for live stock.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It's Already been Elected.

originally posted by: MykeNukem

originally posted by: GoShredAK
And if the seaweed blob becomes sentient?............

Elect it..

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Giant seaweed blob lives matter

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   
More on our giant seaweed blob.

www.npr.org...

But scientists noticed a change in sargassum levels in 2011, when masses of the seaweed multiplied, gaining in density and size, becoming so big they were captured on satellite images.

Today, the patches comprise a 5,500-mile-long, 10 million-ton belt that circulates annually, starting near West Africa and snaking through the Gulf of Mexico back into the Atlantic.

More than double the width of the contiguous U.S., the mass fluctuates in size from month to month, with the high point generally landing in the summer.

The low season of the cycle is now higher than the high point of the cycle five or six years ago," says Brian Barnes, a researcher with the University of South Florida's College of Marine Science.

"What we thought was just a massive bloom has only gotten bigger and bigger and bigger each year," Barnes adds

The exact drivers of the growth are still a bit "shrouded in mystery," says Brian Lapointe, a research professor with Florida Atlantic University, who's been studying sargassum for over 40 years.

His hypothesis is that it has to do with how humans are altering the nitrogen cycle. We're using more fertilizer, burning biomass, cutting down forests and increasing wastewater from cities, all of which sends ammonium, nitrate and phosphate down major river systems.

Surprise Surprise. It's our fault we have a giant seaweed monster headed for FL. 🥱

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Just thought I'd throw this in,
-"Watch The Water.
Q"

Not sayin this is it. But certainly could be.

posted on Mar, 15 2023 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeNotAfraid
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Hey, I grew up in the Bermuda Triangle tip of Florida (on the other planet, but still), and I can attest that Category 3 hurricanes, and sharknadoes, and gatorricanes, and Sargassum kaiju are nothin' but an afternoon storm. lol

In all seriousness, I think this seaweed is a man-made mutant monster, and the experiment is so far successful.

The radiation from Fukushima Nuclear Power plant did it. Here we are now catching fish with one eyes and the fins are transparent on many of the fish off the coast of Hokkaido.
Sadly I believe the Fukushima disaster has not only affected the waters , but that of the minds of the human population.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
We are all connected on this beautiful Planet, so yes, this is sad.

BUT..!

We will collectively recover and be better for it.
Faith, Hope, and Charity are my muses.

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AOx6179
a reply to: DeepBass
And food!

Harvest it, dry it out, roast it then sell it to china.

Nori's delicious!

But for real, why not harvest it and use some of it to help add nutrients back on land? We could probably find a way to use a bunch of it to recycle one form or another for 'cloth', paper, etc. Or we can just throw a bunch into a volcano and be done with it

Surely there's more then 1 way to deal with it, besides putting up a barricade and making it someone elses problem.

Especially since a lot of animals not only use that for 'breeding', but also eating. I think the main reason why it's so big is because of all the whales, seals, and dolphins that have been killed or beaching themselves. Not to mention the overfishing/harvesting of crabs and other shellfish that eat it.

SOLUTION:
"In a basic seaweed food chain, crustaceans eat the seaweed" -
(Long term solution) So ban oceanic harvesting of crustaceans for a couple of years and let it solve itself out.
(Short term solution) Have some of that sent to zoo's and/or breeders/sustainable farms that contain the following : Crabs, Crayfish, Lobsters ALL of which are SUSTAINABLY farmable so.. There's no excuse really not to.

Ban GLOBALLY wild/capture on those species for awhile; unless your an islander(since most of those smaller islands use the ocean as a primary source of food). This will allow the oceanic populations to actually rebuild themselves in the wild from all the over harvesting, making it less likely to cause problems in the future

Then further damage can be avoided, and we can use the tell-tale signs of 'growth' as an indicator for 'over harvesting' - since it's near impossible to actually track otherwise. Then put up bans as needed to help keep the ocean in balance. So we can start 'ocean farming' those things again once the actual mass becomes a reasonable size.. which will be a a couple of years.

Obviously what we are doing isn't working, and this is THE BEST answer. Not putting up a barrier and making it someone elses problem. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the over harvesting of crab and other crustaceans are the reason why this mass has grown as large as it has. We've been OVER HARVESTING these babies for a good 15-20years. So it's not like that's "not the problem", when it DEFINITELY IS! These over harvesting of crustaceans randomly have made new stories over the years from those sources that actually gave a crap, so it's not like it's never been reported on and isn't factual.

Maryland use to get overrun with crabs during their mating season(i'm talking MILLIONS) of crabs skittering across the land grabbing cars, bikes, you couldn't walk 3 feet without encountering several in your path, in fact it was against the law to interfere or harm them when they came on land to breed. Roads would close down, and it would last a good couple of weeks. The fact that has pretty much stopped says that this is what needs to truly be done.

p.s - to deal with the resistance. I am all for spending a couple thousand dollars to "air-dump"(friendly delivery) dump several tons of rotting seaweed(you think fish is bad..) on the doorstep of anyone or country who breaks the above rules, including kings/queens/any leader/politician or otherwise, idgas what country your from this is everyone's problem. You need breeders? Order a pair.

But either way we know it won't happen, they are to busy 'pretending' to be green by going after energy-saving/low-water appliances that use less then a gallon of water a wash. To actually do anything remotely impactful or actually beneficial for the environment. After all they just sea spiders right? No one gives a crap, otherwise SEVERAL of the species would of wound up on the endangered list YEARS AGO!
edit on 101020232231 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2023 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I think the fish might be going blind, or 'evolving' to become blind because the waters are to harmful/acidic for their vision making sight useless for that area. Species like fish can adapt and evolve to the weirdest things, and insanely fast. IF they have way or no use for their eyes, their fins might actually be changing to compensate. I wonder if anyone actually ran tests on the live fish. To see if they are developing a form of 'fin detection'. The fact that their fins are becoming 'transparent' kinda makes me think that the fins may just be evolving to detect movement/frequency, along with finding mates. The reason why I say it, is because you claimed they are now transparent. Which indicate an evolutionary effort to help the species survive. Not only to keep them moving, but also to allow them to breed and sense danger which is a key component for the species survival. Since the fins have become transparent, it means that those 'weaknesses' in that particular fish has become harder to see. (Fish can't swim if he has no fins, this stops other fish from actually EATING it's fins.)

Think about how a blind man/woman often has amazing hearing. Or a deaf person often has 20/20 or better vision. Even pirates use to cover one eye with a patch and avoid the light with it, then at night they would flip the patch and be able to see almost as clear as day(and yes it works!). When senses become not used evolution changes it, it then compensates by enhancing others.

As the hummingbirds pump their wings through the air, the tips of their outermost wing feathers vibrate to make a cricket-like sound, Clark says. Without looking, you can hear these birds go up, up, up for a dive.

Just an example that not 'all' sounds are made via 'vocals'. So it's actually possible that those fish are simply evolving to the environment. The good news is though, these 'undesirable' traits can actually be reversed. Take a look Undesirable evolutions can be reversed - fish

Newayz just some food for thought.
edit on 101020235631 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join