It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant seaweed blob twice the width of the USA headed towards Florida

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Just another issue in a long list of reasons why we need to build a wall to protect our border.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a gift from the earth collect and turn it into fertilizer, god knows we need it.

Seriously though, this is a resource we can utilize it, it will decompose and its nutrients will be lost.
edit on 13-3-2023 by MConnalley because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   
HOW DARE YOU. HOW DARE YOU. Seaweed has a life too, respect it's existence.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
HOW DARE YOU. HOW DARE YOU. Seaweed has a life too, respect it's existence.
lol reeeeeee

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Yikes, that is going to stink like you wouldn't believe.

Maybe you guys should have bought a tesla!

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: AOx6179

All these weird weather/nature anomalies, on the rise in so many different ways really has me wondering about man's manipulation of the weather and how some of this may very well be "side affects" from messing with things man ought not to mess with.

Have you considered the possibility that the 2 Trillion metric tons of CO2 we've put into the air since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution might have something to do with it?

No, but I've considered the possibility that you don't ride a bike or walk everywhere you go, hold in your tofu farts, and keep all of your lights turned off in your effort to save the planet. I do my part by leaving lights on, letting the A/C run, and drive a truck with a V8 and no muffler.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

All these weird weather/nature anomalies, on the rise in so many different ways really has me wondering about man's manipulation of the weather and how some of this may very well be "side affects" from messing with things man ought not to mess with.

Have you considered the possibility that the 2 Trillion metric tons of CO2 we've put into the air since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution might have something to do with it?

Is all 2 Trillion metric tons still in the air? 🌝

Only the Co2 left behind by white drivers.

No, really.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
a reply to: AOx6179

The Sargasso Sea has been known about for centuries. Columbus wrote about it, and there's even tenuous evidence it was explored as far back as the 5th Century BC.

Also, I really doubt the 5,000 miles wide claim. From where I live in Florida's Treasure Coast to Lisbon, Portugal, is only about 4,000 miles. I'm willing to bet someone (and their editor) doesn't understand the difference between miles and square miles

I was curious about the size claim.

What you said sounds more reasonable, must be squared, but even that sounds like too much, to me, anyway.

The sargasso sea is 1,100 kilometers (680 mi) wide by 3,200 kilometers (2,000 mi) long.The Sargasso Sea is home to seaweed of the genus Sargassum, which floats en masse on the surface. Tides changing like hurricanes for example can cause this seaweed to wash ashore. Its constantly happens beach cleaning is required in most of Florida. Its harmless and actually helps wild life, however, the red tide is entirely different and has nothing to do with the seaweed so the article mixes the two i guess to cause panic??

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Looks like a good camouflage area to hide a false flag event.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Those damn greedy trees with all their greenery and enrichment of habitats.

I say we starve them.

edit on 13/3/23 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

The Sargasso Sea itself is pretty big. Something like 500 miles by 2000 miles. That's one million square miles of free floating sargassum. So 5000 square miles is only a small chunk of that, about half a percent.

a reply to: putnam6

This patch is headed towards the Atlantic coast. It most likely broke from the Sargasso Sea, not the patch in the Caribbean.

a reply to: dragonridr

Sargassum is helpful when it's out in the open sea. When it gets close to shore it deprives reefs, sea grass beds, and marine life of sunlight and oxygen. This leaves dead zones and can cause mass die offs.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   

a reply to: MykeNukem

The Sargasso Sea itself is pretty big. Something like 500 miles by 2000 miles. That's one million square miles of free floating sargassum. So 5000 square miles is only a small chunk of that, about half a percent.

a reply to: putnam6

This patch is headed towards the Atlantic coast. It most likely broke from the Sargasso Sea, not the patch in the Caribbean.

a reply to: dragonridr

Sargassum is helpful when it's out in the open sea. When it gets close to shore it deprives reefs, sea grass beds, and marine life of sunlight and oxygen. This leaves dead zones and can cause mass die offs.

Sounds like enough seaweed to completely wrap around FL and all the way around to Texas coast. I can see weaponized seaweed that would demolish that entire coast line and even making FL unlivable. If it were to wrap that coast and stay there. I don't see any way we'd be able to clean that up.

Something else to watch out for, I guess. 🤦🏻‍♂️

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 06:26 PM
link   

This happens every year in the spring. Nothing new really. Easy enough to scoop right off the beaches, the downside is it comes back just as fast as you scoop it.

It could, in theory, be farmed for nutrients and processing. There is a lot of nitrogen in it that could be put right back into fertilizer. It also has a high quantity of other compounds, such as sodium alginate and anticorrosive, that could have industrial uses. Unfortunately, it must not be economical to harvest or someone would probably be doing it already.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: MykeNukem

The Sargasso Sea has been known about for centuries. Columbus wrote about it, and there's even tenuous evidence it was explored as far back as the 5th Century BC.

Also, I really doubt the 5,000 miles wide claim. From where I live in Florida's Treasure Coast to Lisbon, Portugal, is only about 4,000 miles. I'm willing to bet someone (and their editor) doesn't understand the difference between miles and square miles

I was curious about the size claim.

What you said sounds more reasonable, must be squared, but even that sounds like too much, to me, anyway.

The sargasso sea is 1,100 kilometers (680 mi) wide by 3,200 kilometers (2,000 mi) long.The Sargasso Sea is home to seaweed of the genus Sargassum, which floats en masse on the surface. Tides changing like hurricanes for example can cause this seaweed to wash ashore. Its constantly happens beach cleaning is required in most of Florida. Its harmless and actually helps wild life, however, the red tide is entirely different and has nothing to do with the seaweed so the article mixes the two i guess to cause panic??

Hmm,,,I never noticed that.

I'm familiar with Red Tide from my time living on Vancouver Island (Cambell River).

After they warned me about it and what to look for, I just didn't go swimming anymore, lmao.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Climate change

What do I win?

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: xuenchen

Is all 2 Trillion metric tons still in the air? 🌝

Only the Co2 left behind by white drivers.

No, really.

Dirty RedLiners !!!!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 07:04 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Florida is actually decent. AS long as you can get away from the people. lol

Florida has Alligators and Crocs.

Oh and they have tornadoes and water spouts. Florida has it all.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Maybe Greta was Right ? .......Hm...

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Maybe its a bio weapon inserted into the sea and when it hits land releases the nastiest virus ever. With the wind blowing into land from the coast thats goodbye Florida and environs.

Just because they say its seaweed doesn't actually mean that.

edit on 14/3/23 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join