It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything Everywhere All at Once director defends drag in impassioned Oscars speech

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

What was your movie of the year?

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   
OK, I went ahead and did a quick search for this movie, since like I said I'd never heard of it even 24 hours ago.

According to Wikipedia:

Everything Everywhere All at Once is a 2022 American absurdist comedy-drama film written and directed by Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert, who co-produced it with Anthony and Joe Russo. It follows Evelyn Wang, a Chinese-American immigrant who, while being audited by the IRS, discovers that she must connect with parallel universe versions of herself to prevent a powerful being from destroying the multiverse.

I certainly hope this movie is better than that synopsis makes it sound, because that pretty much describes the plot of the Phinneas & Ferb movie, minus the audit.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

In all seriousness, I know a few trans wrestlers that have had to cancel/can no longer take bookings in certain states because they don't know if they'll be popped by these laws.

And that's ultimately what these laws are. They're anti-trans laws that found a loophole so they don't have to be specific about who they're persecuting.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: JIMC5499

What was your movie of the year?

Mine was Left Behind 6, obviously....

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

That actually made me laugh. And then I had to look up when the Left Behind movies were released.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ltrz2025
Stop watching TV, you are literally swallowing mental programing. A "good actor" is simply an adult whose only skill is to know how to lie and deceive. Nothing to appreciate from that.

What do you think of all the actors in this film.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   

That actually made me laugh. And then I had to look up when the Left Behind movies were released.

LOL - I'm not even sure what movie they are up to, but I thought you'd get a kick out of that.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: vNex92

I don't have a problem with drag.
What I have a problem with is people using that as a means to do things that are not cool.
I also really have a problem with the government dictating what others do.
So with this now drag queens just lost their jobs.
Bye bye burlesque performances and all that goes with it.
Bye bye strip shows and bye top less bars.
All of that is gone.
Leave it to a republican state to force people out of a job.
This falls right in line with poopin

Cool: I don't like the government telling people what to do either, remember when it was just common sense not to sexualize children?

Child Drag Queens are not okay. He said "I dressed in drag as a child, this isn't a threat to anyone" except our future moron. (Not you, the director.)

Kids don't decide to dress in drag and wear makeup, that's influenced. Child girls shouldn't be wearing makeup and being sexualized either. They are kids, they aren't in the sex market place.

Common Sense.
edit on 13-3-2023 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

To be perfectly honest I stopped going to movies because of crap like this. Given a choice I'd have to say "Devotion".

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   

It looks like they actually are up to six. But the last was released in 2021.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 12:58 PM
link   

a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

So then you support banning things like Little Miss pageants? Those go a lot farther with sexualizing children than any drag show. I mean, there's a reason they tend to attract actual pedophiles.

☝️

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   

It looks like they actually are up to six. But the last was released in 2021.

Was a good guess then..I know that Kirk (growing pains, guy) is a little unhinged and I expected he's still going, lol.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Kevin Sorbo (Hercules) has taken over. I'm kind of upset to see that Nic Cage was holding things down in the middle.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Drag is a legit art form like burlesque and solidly for adults. Where it took a hard left turn into crazy land is when the LGBT +BBQ kiddies picked it up as some kind of lifestyle beyond a performance art and decided that meant kids had to be into it too.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Perhaps we need a federal department to decide what films/performances are worthy of being shown. ...Think of the Children!!

Violence and murder in video games is ok, just no sex!!!

edit on 13-3-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Isn't yhat what the cute little rating on the box is for? Rated T for Teen or R or even NC-17 or M for Mature?

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Drag is a legit art form like burlesque and solidly for adults. Where it took a hard left turn into crazy land is when the LGBT +BBQ kiddies picked it up as some kind of lifestyle beyond a performance art and decided that meant kids had to be into it too.

Precisely. Nobody cared about drag queens when it was just weird guys doing it for kicks. But within the last year or two, many of the LGBTQ+ types have been quite explicitly pushing it on children, and young children at that.

Sorry, but if you stage a drag show for kindergarteners, I'm going to conclude that you are probably a pedophile.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: olaru12

Isn't yhat what the cute little rating on the box is for? Rated T for Teen or R or even NC-17 or M for Mature?

Rating services are a product of the Motion Picture Association.

www.motionpictures.org...

We need laws with federal teeth in it and punishment for that homosexual content.

Cell phones also need to be monitored for sexual content to protect our precious youth from smut, nudity and lewd smacking noises.

edit on 13-3-2023 by olaru12 because: sp

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU2018

You comment in no way addressed the topic at hand.

You claimed republicans are to blame for strip clubs, etc. going bye bye. I addressed the topic of your comment, your comment which had nothing to do with the topic at hand. More psychological projection on your behalf.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: LSU2018

I don't have a problem with drag.
What I have a problem with is people using that as a means to do things that are not cool.
I also really have a problem with the government dictating what others do.
So with this now drag queens just lost their jobs.
Bye bye burlesque performances and all that goes with it.
Bye bye strip shows and bye top less bars.
All of that is gone.
Leave it to a republican state to force people out of a job.
This falls right in line with poopin

Who cares about topless bars and strip clubs anyways? Liberals are the first to scream and cry about women being sexualized only to turn around and say that republicans are to blame if sexualized women's clubs get shut down. The irony knows no bounds.

Liberals can’t even define what a woman is.
It’s all part of their mental illness.

That's a fact. Look at all the dudes Biden put in position that claim to be girls. Look at his SCOTUS choice, too stupid to even know what a woman is. The Twilight Zone couldn't even dream this insanity up.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join