It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3rd Pilot Incident This Month

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

I will check now on ANA and JAL domestic flights. Be back later.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 02:21 AM
link   

No sweat, they'll introduce AI pilots. That would be reassuring

Cheers

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Yeeh i was thinking the same .

So if there will be plane crash, will they use it as excuse to have AI pilots then .

I am not so enthusiastic to fly with planes which dont have human pilots but AI . They cant get even cars drive without crashes..

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Robot or AI pilots would remove human error and no chance of passing out at the controls. I think the self driving car idea fails because there is a lot of extra stuff involved. Pedestrians, other cars zooming around, people slamming on their brakes or running a red light. With a plane it's pretty clear sailing. Just gotta deal with the takeoff and landing. Would have been great to have AI pilots on 9/11. I bet it wouldn't have happened.
edit on 13-3-2023 by Antimony because: typo.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Heart disease wasn't common before 2021.

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

nor was boot licking, but it's catching on in some circles.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antimony

Robot or AI pilots would remove human error and no chance of passing out at the controls. I think the self driving car idea fails because there is a lot of extra stuff involved. Pedestrians, other cars zooming around, people slamming on their brakes or running a red light. With a plane it's pretty clear sailing. Just gotta deal with the takeoff and landing. Would have been great to have AI pilots on 9/11. I bet it wouldn't have happened.

Cargo will be the first AI, they are working on it madly.

Problem with AI and one person monitoring, there’s no safety check in case of the unmentionable. Or an AI hack.

That’s why there is two pilots, just like the OP scenario, realistically todays jets could be operated single pilot.

Reason they got rid of the flight engineer but still retained the First Officer (copilot)….safety.
edit on 13-3-2023 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Heart disease wasn't common before 2021.

I see what you are trying to do so here is some facts.

Heart disease and related vascular problems ground more pilots than any other disease process. Prior to the development of coronary artery bypass surgery in the 1980s, there was little medical intervention available to enable the FAA to recertify pilots who had histories of heart attacks or significant heart disease. Now, thanks to a large database of applicants who have heart disease, several thousand pilots have been approved under special issuance. The regulations currently disqualify a history of:

• myocardial infarction;

• angina pectoris (chest pain attributed to heart disease);

• coronary heart disease that has been treated, or, if untreated, that has been symptomatic or clinically significant;

• cardiac valve replacement;

• permanent cardiac pacemaker implantation;

• heart replacement.

The regulation also requires applicants for a 1st class medical, at the first examination after age 35 and annually after age 40, to have an electrocardiogram showing no evidence of myocardial infarction or other significant abnormality.

Clinically significant heart disease isn't defined in the regulation. The term refers to an abnormal treadmill stress test, sometimes characterized by a change of greater than one millimeter in what cardiologists call the "ST" segment of the electrocardiogram, an abnormal radionuclide myocardial perfusion scan (thallium or sestamibi are commonly used radioisotopes), or an angiogram indicating 50% or greater blockage of any coronary artery. With a history of heart abnormalities, the FAA will ask for all the available medical records. If test results are more than six months old, it's possible you will have to repeat some or all of them.

You may also be asked to provide a cardiovascular evaluation that includes a current exercise treadmill stress test, routine laboratory blood chemistry report, and a report of a general physical and cardiac examination. If the stress test indicates anything abnormal, a myocardial perfusion scan or exercise echocardiogram may be requested.

Additional specific tests may also be needed, depending on the findings of earlier studies. Rhythm disturbances, for example, may require a 24-hour ambulatory Holter monitor or a signal-averaged ECG. A heart murmur that might indicate a defective valve is usually studied with an echocardiogram.

www.aopa.org...

Airline pilots have to go through very thorough medical checkups yearly under age 40 and every 6 months over age 40.

First-class medicals are valid for one year if exercising ATP privileges and under age 40, or six months if exercising ATP privileges over age 40.

www.liveabout.com...

But yes. Random things happen sometimes. 3 within a month is questionable at best.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Antimony

You have a lot trust with AI flyed planes .

Where is the trials test , are there ? I mean they could at least make big testing that last for years , set the planes fly like everyday long routes with takeoffs and landings . If the test would show it`s safe enough, i could change my mind .

They seem to mostly use human remote pilots to fly military drones like MQ-9 Reaper ,even thought the drone itself can also fly autonomous flight .

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

True. They're particularly fond of a certain red hat.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: network dude

True. They're particularly fond of a certain red hat.

Preferable to the groomers and child traffickers side.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman
Yeah
One with pointy red horns on it, comes with a detachable tail too.
But you already know this.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Heart disease and related vascular problems ground more pilots than any other disease process.

Right there. It's not a new thing. A certain group of individuals are just looking for every single one now.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Yep. The problem is the unexpected. One can't program AI for -every- possible scenario. A human has the chance to perform a quick analysis and attempt a reaction. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. But I would never expect AI to be able to react like that.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   

autopilot has been around almost as long as aircraft. being updated over that whole time as the tech has advanced. in fact aircraft have even been able to takeoff and land on autopilot, i believe as far back as at least 9-11.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

Cargo will be the first AI, they are working on it madly.

Problem with AI and one person monitoring, there’s no safety check in case of the unmentionable. Or an AI hack.

That’s why there is two pilots, just like the OP scenario, realistically todays jets could be operated single pilot.

Reason they got rid of the flight engineer but still retained the First Officer (copilot)….safety.

the reason there are two pilots, is that two pilots are required to handle many emergencies. both to help control the aircraft (if the hydraulics system goes bad for example, you need two people cooperatively using the controls, which then may easily take the muscle power of both, combined to control the aircraft) , as well as to be able to have one read off the trouble shooting charts, and emergency procedures with the other doing the work. it also gives a redundancy not only when something (like a heart attack for example) incapacitates a pilot. but also as a second person who might catch a mistake or error that the other pilot makes. in fact many aircraft, those on the long haul flights, actually have 2 complete crews on board.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Maybe the most safest way with planes would be 3-way system :

If one fails , the two others would have change .

1. Human crew in plane. ( first priority by default )
2. AI , programmed to take full controll by : 1. human crew gives it. 2. In flight perimeters go too wrong setting the AI taking full controll.
3. If first 2 both fail, remote pilot via satellite connection.

Thought as generik mentions , autopilot has been in use very long time also. I am not expert of flying planes so this is just my theoretical ramblings

edit on 13-3-2023 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Some thing I find Very odd!
3 Pilot. how meny Other people on all the flites?
we should see a LOT of passengers having hart attacks!
they would land the plane to save them.
Why are we not hering about THIS???

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Not sure but i think seeing news last few days , that plane
Landed to other airport for passenger being sick. But i would too expect it happen more .

Maybe it's decided that MSM wont report about those ? To support the " safe and effective " narrative .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join