It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avi Loeb talks about Galileo Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 06:16 PM
link   
He talks about the possible origin of Oumuamua, saying that an artificial origin is not less likely that any other. He also says that some other atypical objects have been detected in recent times. The Galileo project will try to determine if we are being near probes sent by more advanced civilizations. He also talks about the Wow signal and the F.R.B., whose intelligent origin doesn’t rule out but he thibks radio is not a likely way of communication by an advanced civilization. He disagrees with Stephen Hawking regarding the impact of a contact, believing it just can be good for our civilization. The complete interview is here:
youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 07:22 PM
link   

He talks about the possible origin of Oumuamua, saying that an artificial origin is not less likely that any other

Using the words of the Persistent Purveyor of Pure Pareidolia Phage , "It's a rock , just rotate the picture 180 ."
(Gosh , I miss the "Old Days")

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
It is not that simple. He says that there has been two more interestellar objects that don’t fit with known rocks and Galileo Project will work with advanced telescopes, artificial intelligence and sky monitoring to try to find what it may be. Also there will be an exploration to the object to find out the origin.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chans
a reply to: Gothmog
It is not that simple. He says that there has been two more interestellar objects that don’t fit with known rocks and Galileo Project will work with advanced telescopes, artificial intelligence and sky monitoring to try to find what it may be. Also there will be an exploration to the object to find out the origin.

My post was a joke and a tribute to a long time outstanding member here .
You would have had to have been around ATS back in the "Martian and Lunar Artifacts" days to have gotten it .
edit on 3/13/23 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: Chans
My post was a joke and a tribute to a long time outstanding member here.

Yeah, I've heard that about him... too bad he allowed his TDS to destroy him.

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Chans

Thanks for this. Avi knows he's betting on a long shot, but the improbable coincidence of having three sizeable interstellar objects enter our system almost at once, when none had ever been detected before, does suggest that the matter is at least worth investigating.

I don't watch videos much, but I plan to watch that one.

new topics

top topics

join