It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet Another Country Begins To Move Away From Child Sex Changes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 11:48 PM
link   
A flicker of sanity returns? Hopefully our nation of activist idiots gets sued enough for them to wake up and admit that science does not support their insanity.

Finland joins other European nations which are doing a U-turn on hormone'ing up kids as the science is woefully insufficient.

dailycaller.com...

Norway is the latest of several Western countries to walk back support for cross-sex medical treatments for minors following the industry’s explosive growth over the last 15 years. Finland, Sweden and the U.K. have moved to restrict childhood gender transitions amid growing concern about the procedures’ safety and effectiveness.

The Norwegian Healthcare Investigation Board (NHIB) determined that the country’s existing model of cross-sex treatments for minors is not evidence-based and is moving to heavily restrict the practice, according to a report the agency released Thursday.

“The knowledge base, especially research-based knowledge, for gender confirmation treatment (hormonal and surgical) is insufficient. Little is known about the long-term effects,” the report reads.

twitter.com/segm_ebm/status/1634032341088882692

The Norwegian Healthcare Investigation Board noted several worrying trends: the rapid rise of gender dysphoria in adolescents (esp. females), the high burden of mental illness (75%) & a high prevalence of neurocognitive conditions (ADHD/autism, Tourette) in the affected youth.

However, unlike Sweden, Finland and England, Norway explicitly calls out the group of young adults whose development is still ongoing and who are at risk for erroneously undertaking gender transitions. The report notes that the age of consent for sterilization in Norway is 25.

NHIB/UKOM notes that the right to medical care does not include the right to experimental treatments. As an experimental intervention, gender transitions will be subject to heightened scrutiny around informed consent, eligibility criteria, and outcomes evaluation.

Youth gender transitions will be an exception, not the rule.

Seems Europe has the same problem with preying on the Autistic ones..... so "Eugenicist", coincidence?
edit on 10-3-2023 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Too many idiots in medicine moved that science from being ruled by facts and logic to being ruled by emotions and narcissism
edit on 10-3-2023 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

Too many idiots in medicine moved that science from being ruled by facts and logic to being ruled by emotions and narcissism

Well, we have the problem of "massive profits" associated with it here in the US. The medical and the pharmaceuticals industries are not going to give up here without a fight... Billions annually are at stake with lifetime dependent customers. If you think the cigarette companies were bad, you haven't seen anything yet.

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 01:10 AM
link   
its a modern version of transubstantiation.. where the masses fracture into various forms of Consubstantiation through to Sacramental union to total rejection rather than subscribe to full on transubstantiation as preached by modern priests (medics) where words can magically transform one thing into another.

when seen through that prism of how/who accepts/rejects this kind of magical religious transformation while the original remains totally intac, its really easy to see how a modern version would evolve and be accepted or rejected in different cultures. it was always going to fall foul of the puritan stream especially on terf island.

thus in the Christian west it becomes a clash between high and low church cultures.. and looked at that its hard not to see the a modern reformation/counter reformation already underway..

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Well, we have the problem of "massive profits" associated with it here in the US. The medical and the pharmaceuticals industries are not going to give up here without a fight... Billions annually are at stake with lifetime dependent customers. If you think the cigarette companies were bad, you haven't seen anything yet.

still confirms the thesis this is a reformation with the medics/big pharma taking the role of the priests/high church fearing losing its wealth, power and prestige..

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 01:59 AM
link   

The report says...

“The knowledge base, especially research-based knowledge, for gender confirmation treatment (hormonal and surgical) is insufficient. Little is known about the long-term effects,” the report reads.

What I would like to understand is how was the 'knowledge base' determined as sufficient in the first place.

Was the opinion of a person, a group, or a series of evidence based tests?

And why did the view change?

The relevance is scientific research is global shared, and if there isn't enough support here, there can't be anywhere else.

Consequently the decision mechanism needs to be highlighted and challenged.

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

I agree sir,

There's a living in other's emotions regardless of facts and science.

To express reality in long terms, hands are tied.

My thoughts,

Bally

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 03:49 AM
link   

People with BIID want to be their "true self," which often comes with a desire for amputation or disability to help them feel "complete" inside. Recent research has started linking this feeling to certain psychiatric and neurological reasons. There are strong similarities between BIID and other identity disorders like transsexualism and gender identity disorder.

www.webmd.com...

Transsexualism is a mental disorder. It is the same type of mental illness as body integrity disorder which is a recognized mental illness in which people feel like they need to have a body part like arm or leg amputated because it doesn't feel like it is supposed to be there or doesn't feel right. This mental illness also leads people to purposely try to become paralyzed, blinded or deaf.

So maybe this line of thinking is catching on. I hope so. People with mental illness need help coping with their problems not radical surgeries and procedures they can never undo.

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doxanoxa

And why did the view change?

Consequently the decision mechanism needs to be highlighted and challenged.

True.

The view changed because there are those too gutless to speak out about those transformations, albeit financial gains and/or serious criticism for opposing the requisitioned medical procedures, which, put, those professionals in precarious circumstances that may discourage their future vocations.

Kindly,

Bally

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   
It's nice to see that my Finnish and Swedish relatives in those countries have common sense. I see the practice of changing sex as more of a money making scheme by some in the medical industry including some psychiastrists who gain income from their counceling.

I have no problem with gays and Lesbians because they are just different than I am. As long as they are not jerks, but then again straight people are jerks too. Seems like the far left Liberals seem to encourage people to become jerks these days.

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw

originally posted by: infolurker

still confirms the thesis this is a reformation with the medics/big pharma taking the role of the priests/high church fearing losing its wealth, power and prestige..

Good point when put in that perspective and a scary one. A new cult.

Who is the Pharma Pope?

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Who is the Pharma Pope?

excellent question..I can see a few cardinals, more bishops and plenty of priests but pope is a question i've not pondered before given we can see the modern "queen of the sciences" (Regina Scientiarum*) they should be pretty visible in terms of a voice of the sciences that can not be questioned..

*Regina Scientiarum or the sacred divine is the a more accurate translation of science in English.. in that context theology becomes the queen of the sciences.. this is why the explanations of the sciences today sounds akin to a religion as its really theology, its also how a respected profession becomes unable to define a woman in a way that differs from theology.

as to pope i guess we'll see in time.. but clearly as of right it's a lens that sees the washington as Rome. though probably not the way conspiracy theorists expected..rome 1 vies with other rome (london) both of which vies with rome 2 (avignon) that vies with rome 3 (moscow) making Washington Rome 4 or 5 depending on the way used to count this stuff..

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I still wish I could have an approximate male body, but unfortunately its become too commercialized, so I just have to cope and go to actual psychotherapy

top topics

join