It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Bill To Force Declassification Of COVID-19 Origin Info Passes Unanimously In House

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hell, this has got to be rare and almost historic 419 Yays zero, nada, zip on the Nays. and it's about time

What are the ramifications of the timing of when TPTB knew and how long they hid this information and worse kept up the false narrative?

or is it a nothing burger? or are we gonna hear it needs to be classified for National Security?

among other things what did Fauci know and when did he know it, and who decided to keep up the charade

The House unanimously passes a bill to force President Biden's DNI Director Avril Haines to declassify information about the origin of COVID-19.

nypost.com...

House unanimously passes bill to declassify COVID-19 origin report

WASHINGTON — The House on Friday unanimously passed its version of a Senate-approved bill to force the White House to declassify intelligence reports about the origins of COVID-19 and its ties to a Chinese lab.

The 419-0 vote sends the bill to President Biden’s desk completely unopposed in Congress after the Senate approved the measure by unanimous consent last week.

So far, the White House has not indicated whether Biden will veto the legislation, meaning Americans may soon know what intelligence officials have learned about the pandemic’s source.

The bill requires Director of National Intelligence Avril Haines to declassify “any and all information relating to potential links between the Wuhan Institute of Virology” and COVID-19, as well as “make available to the public as much information as possible” regarding the virus’s origin.

edit on 10-3-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Watch how the senate democrat majority will fight back to stop the bill, it will be probably vetoes, that is to protect the whole scaremongering and unconstitutional mandates and that they forced in the public, if this bill passes people like Fauci with his lies and scandals will be investigated fully along with big pharma and lap dog the CDC.

That cannot be allowed by the democrats because we got general elections in another year.

The public will have no justice all in the name of politics and China first.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Passing the bill may mean politicians get to know what's in it, but I doubt the entirety will be made available to the common folk. I hope I'm wrong.....

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Watch how the senate democrat majority will fight back to stop the bill, it will be probably vetoes, that is to protect the whole scaremongering and unconstitutional mandates and that they forced in the public, if this bill passes people like Fauci with his lies and scandals will be investigated fully along with big pharma and lap dog the CDC.

That cannot be allowed by the democrats because we got general elections in another year.

I agree however the one thing that could potentially derail Trump's 2024 Presidential bid, is also what did he know and when did he know it, if it did indeed come from the Wuhan Lab, was that when he started claiming it was the China virus? was he advised not to talk about where it actually came from?

Plenty of Trump supporters were a bit miffed with his Operation Warp Speed vaccine too.

too many questions here, hell was the leak if there was one because of US research or Chinese research?

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

The 419-0 vote sends the bill to President Biden’s desk completely unopposed in Congress after the Senate approved the measure by unanimous consent last week.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Nothing against you. The last I heard there were 435 representatives in the House. Did a group abstain from voting?

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The redacted words in the declassified document will pertain to Dr. Anthony Fauci.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   

5 Bucks says Biden will veto.

Any takers?

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

I think it was just an instance where those 16 members weren't present that day.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'll go. You really think he's going to veto a bill that passed both houses unanimously?

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

I'll go. You really think he's going to veto a bill that passed both houses unanimously?

Yep.

And Biden will veto it in the name of "National Security".

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

5 Bucks says Biden will veto.

Any takers?

It depends on what Xi tells Joe to do.
Hunter still has another big check coming to him and the Big Guy.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Cool. I could use any spare cash I can get.

I'll DM you my Venmo when Biden signs the bill.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yep.

And Biden will veto it in the name of "National Security".

You have a good point. The President has the final say on classification and declassification. I'm not sure that this Bill is legal? Sooner or later the USSC is going to have to make a ruling on that. This might just be the push that is needed. If they rule a certain way, I'm going to submit a FOIA request for the report on the KGB records that Bill Clinton slapped a 75 year classification on. Let's see what Hilary was up to with the SDS and Weather Underground.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   

They're only declassifying because an overwhelming amount of pertinent data is already public and at this point they can only embarrass or even incriminate themselves (more) by ignoring it.

edit on 10-3-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Whoa, hold on a sec.

How could all house dems vote in favor of it, every last one of em, but the senate dems will try to obstruct and stop it? I don't think i've ever seen that happen in all of history. That's probably rarer than the house unanimously passing a bill.

That doesn't even make sense. Sounds like you're just making # up to demonize dems because it's the cool thing to do.
edit on CST02Fri, 10 Mar 2023 14:23:51 -060000000003b2023 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The president have power of veto soo if he does not want it or he is been told by his handlers in big pharma to stop it.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Passing the bill may mean politicians get to know what's in it, but I doubt the entirety will be made available to the common folk. I hope I'm wrong.....

Probably

with it passing unanimously though the heat will be high to release some of the information if not all. The trust in the transparency of the government has to be at an all-time low, it doesn't need to simmer any longer and some BS committee report isn't gonna likely be enough either.

In today's day and age Id rather just have the facts and not the spin, slant, or opinions. LOL when I put it that way I know it isn't likely to happen.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Thrumbo

Interesting, the senate and the house are two different bodies in the government, bills originate in the house, then they have to pass the senate that then gives them to the president to sign.

Senate can stop bills and soo the president after the senate and do not let me start on the powers of the supreme court you know the third branch of government.

Get your fact straight.

Now Xcalibur said the bill already passes the senate, soo now is to the president, he have 10 days to sign it into law.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

Nothing against you. The last I heard there were 435 representatives in the House. Did a group abstain from voting?

LOL, It's OK I'm old school I don't feel attacked if you ask a question, hell if Im wrong I want to know. It wouldn't be the first time ATS has pointed out the errors in my posts, thoughts, ideas, and personality.

but those not voting are on the youtube embed last I checked it was 16, 419 plus 16 equals 435.

I could be wrong but I thought a nonvote was when the congressperson wasn't present and isn't there a provision where a congressperson can be present but abstain? I can't remember but will look it up. I always thought the PRES meant they were present but didn't vote on this bill, according to the tally none were present.

FWIW if 2/3rds of Americans believe something of this magnitude that isn't true, isn't it the government's job to show transparency in their findings?

If this is true, how come just a year ago Fauci said it was highly likely from the wet market?

www.statista.com...

edit on 10-3-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join