It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Central Bank Digital Currency Is the Endgame – Part 1

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
XL5

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Crypto still needs a computer to trade it. If they wanted to kill it wouldn't they be able to disable it in windows mac and linux?

I still use win7 because of the huge push for win10, seemed too much like safety over freedom. I can't play allot of the newer games on win7 because they disallow it and not because of dx12. Some games have dx12 only so it won't work in win7. Couldn't they stop crypto like that if they wanted? Hacks could be made to allow crypto but how long before they make operating systems work server side.

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

They make the rules, the rest just play the game, they are always winner and we the tax payer and hard workers are always the losers, they make money out of all of us.

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA
a reply to: underpass61

This thread really isn't the place to discuss the merits/weaknesses of any particular crypto, all I'll say is that if you think that the global banking cartel is just going to roll over and die well...

Maybe not, but that doesn't mean that the rest of us should support their next evolution in slavery and global dominance, or worse, sell our souls to it.

Seriously bro nobody cares if you support it or not, especially them. It's happening despite your disgust.
Here's what's gonna happen: As has been the case for a millennia the bankers will win and we will lose. The end. The only option is to try and minimize your exposure to the damage, or stand on your ill-informed principles and get rekt.

Good luck with your crusade, don't say I didn't warn ya.

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Wells Fargo is warning of missing accounts and wrong balances, is this the Cyberattack? if the banking sector collapses then you can bet they have a plan B . Universal basic income?

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 10:25 PM
link   

You will see where that defeatist, lapdog, attitude gets you.

Keep trusting the people who have told you that one day you will own nothing and be happy, and see what happens.

I'm not on a crusade, I just refuse to support tyrants. I'm a non-participant in that madness. I have a right to ownership and to choosing what to own or invest in, and so do many others. People have more power than you are likely aware of.

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

I trust no one, I do my research and weigh the options and act accordingly. You really should look a little deeper what's happening. Bitcoin (and ETH, Litecoin, and their ilk) are outdated, energy -wasting, painfully slow, and unscalable to the point of uselessness.

You asked me what I hold and I answered.
Beyond that, why don't you start a thread and tell us what's really going on.

edit on 3 11 2023 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

I would be amused.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

This is a peach,

Silicon Valley Bank workers were paid bonuses just hours before it collapsed, report says

Yep, the America way, even with the falling of their bank they manage to give themselves bonuses before reaping the government and the tax payer.

www.msn.com...

America is really screwed up.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I would be amused.

Long time no see, but aren't you an ETF guy?

All I have is speculation, but time will play this one out

I'm fairly certain of a few things:
1. FTX was/is not the only fraudulent financial entity in operation, and more will be uncovered.
2. Technology has the power to increase financial transparency, accountibliy, and expose fraud.
3. Ultimately, people don't want to be taken advantage of, and if they become more knowledgeable about it, they will be more able to avoid it.
4. UBI has no place in an honest economy. There's no good that comes from enabling perfectly capable people to sit on their ass, while creating a hyperinflation situation out of fiat currency.The government is not your master, it's your servent.
5. Interest rates will continue to crush borrowers, and college loan repayment will go back into effect before the fall semester. Their will be another housing bubble burst, as more and more properties go into foreclosure.
6. High interest rates are making the dollar and interest generating savings accounts look good again. I would say that this should negatively affect both stocks and crypto prices, which it still may, but the fact that money creation is at an all-time high suggest little impact on overall price reduction, especially if the debt ceiling continues to be raised.
7. The wealth divide rate increases.
8. Getting stuck with bad investments sucks, but getting stuck with a 30-year bad investment really sucks.
9. Returning to an honest economy is going to be painful, but it's possible.

edit on 12-3-2023 by IndieA because: Added information

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA
Long time no see, but aren't you an ETF guy?

I have a chunk of my money in Vanguard, if that's what you're asking.

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   

a reply to: IndieA
None of those.

ISO 20022 coins only for me

XRP
XLM
XDC
ALGO

Of those 4, only one of them has a limit on the total amount of created tokens, is decentralized, and ISO20022 compliant.

XLM

ADA Cardano, also meets that criteria, but is also currently paying 2% interest to stakeholders. It also has the highest current market value of the 5.

I honestly believe that centralized crypto-currencies pose the greatest risk to investors, because people are being trusted to securely hold on to billions of dollars over an extended period of time.

A run on say, Tether, XRP, BNB, or any other centralized crypto-currency could cause tremendous financial loses that are unlikely to be insured, "bailed out", or recovered.

posted on Mar, 25 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   
As I said before: you asked, I answered.

I don't personally subscribe to your particular definition of "centralized" as it applies here. Just like I could dismiss Bitcoin outright because it is vulnerable to a 51% hack. A very real possibility however unlikely.

Again, you do you. I'll be fine.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join