It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cash/Landrum Texas UFO on Unsolved Mysteries

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: RonnieJersey

They can’t and won’t admit it because they are doing some secret and probably bad things.
It's national security---they can kill you for that purpose.

Thi most likely was some government op and certainly not the Texas government.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Here is an excerpt from the Cash-Landrum law suit against the United States of America

A hypothetical……

All of this probably could have been avoided if the object testing operation would have included contingencies for civilian safety if they knew they’d be flying over public roads and lands.

Chinooks could have flew ahead of the object and when detected civilians on the roads….they could have landed in the country roads to block potential motorists from getting to close. Especially if the object under test appeared to be having operational difficulties.

If that would have been done….the Cash-Landrum story would have been just a sighting story…..and a military operation in progress. It would have avoided any injuries and lawsuits.

The government dropped the ball …causing an unnecessary incident.

Imo

👽
edit on 10-3-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

It doesn't take much to build a theory that a lot of UFO sightings like this one are/were stage managed. To protect 'assets' of the military industrial complex. Think how the lore has manipulated people's beliefs. Thus UFOs leaking unsafe levels of radiation is a commonly held concept. it assumes an advanced ET species would be using technology we have today. Or that the advanced tech they still have is 'unsafe'.

Note how many members (even directors) of UFO organizations are employed, directly or contracted to aerospace corporations or alphabet agencies. Then turn a few 'journalists', politicians and influencers' (some from friendly nations) into Mockingbirds to report on these cases exactly the way the authorities want them reported. The UFO story serves to keep most people thinking it's another crazy tale and ignoring it. Whilst the more rabid UFO folk all want to believe it's a real ET event and will fall for it.

I am not saying this fits ALL UFO cases of course. Just certain ones.

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 06:34 AM
link   
One thing claimed is that the Vickie Landrum's handprint was "was embedded into the dash of the car."

However despite John Schuessler inspecting Betty's car in early 1981. Even taking a Geiger counter to check for radiation. He he didn't take a photo of this "embedded handprint". No one did.

It throws up another question about the accuracy of the witness testimony.
edit on 11/3/2023 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I wasn’t implying this was a stage-managed ufo. It may have been; who knows? I’m saying it likely was an experimental or operational craft of some military entity.

Maybe crowd control in case of a revolt in the country. I’m sure these guys have all kinds of lethal stuff that doesn’t belong on highways.

I occur with Ophis analysis above.

All of this probably could have been avoided if the object testing operation would have included contingencies for civilian safety if they knew they’d be flying over public roads and lands.

Chinooks could have flew ahead of the object and when detected civilians on the roads….they could have landed in the country roads to block potential motorists from getting to close. Especially if the object under test appeared to be having operational difficulties.

But your point is well taken, there is a story about ufos definitely being under control by the government.

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I know you weren't implying this was stage managed. I was just posing a theory.

If you needed someone to do the necessary work to weave a UFO story to cover a military SNAFU then is it too much of a stretch to believe Schuessler was the man to manage the case to the conclusion required? He appears to have taken on the role of representative for the witnesses in presenting the case. Yet he was nowhere to be seen when it came to meeting with the military for compensation claims. He also appears to have fabricated things like there being a burnt area on the road (a scene recreated for the UM TV show). When in fact he could not even pinpoint the specific area of it, nor where Betty Cash stopped the car.

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

When in fact he could not even pinpoint the specific area of it, nor where Betty Cash stopped the car.

Apparently he’s never heard of Rand-McNally or Road Atlas paper maps to draw an X marks the spot…..

Even Pirates drew an X on the location of treasure on a map.

He’s a goof ball.

👽

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

To me, this is one of the most hinky-sounding parts of the case. Yes, sure, maybe they didn't have a good idea of where exactly on the road they were when it happened. Maybe their memory was short (not everyone has perfect memory), but wouldn't there be a landmark, a road sign, or a particular tree to 'mark the spot'?
One would think.

Interesting side note about the supposed reasoning for the witnesses' departure from their vehicle...
From 'goof ball'
Schuessler's 1996 catalog paper,

edit on 3/11/2023 by wavelength because: link fix

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   

If you needed someone to do the necessary work to weave a UFO story to cover a military SNAFU then is it too much of a stretch to believe Schuessler was the man to manage the case to the conclusion required? He appears to have taken on the role of representative for the witnesses in presenting the case. Yet he was nowhere to be seen when it came to meeting with the military for compensation claims. He also appears to have fabricated things like there being a burnt area on the road (a scene recreated for the UM TV show). When in fact he could not even pinpoint the specific area of it, nor where Betty Cash stopped the car.

Another self-appointed UFO expert. There is an army of them. They should send them to Ukraine.
edit on 11-3-2023 by peaceinoutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: wavelength

Betty Cash having a bad radiation hair day……

She should have had better counsel representation.

If it was all real…her medical record, and pictures like the above…..may have helped her case.

👽

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I just think that taking some or even many of the UFO incidents as our military experiments or excercises and trying to come up with explanation of conventional ideas should be all thrown out the window.

More should be open minded and think outside the box.

ET's have the ability to control minds as well as alter events after learning from many abduction cases collected.

What these two women witnessed that night are most likely be real and the helicopters they saw could be some kind of holograms created by these space creatures.

These are highly advanced ET beings a far beyond our knowledge of understanding and they are doing scientific experiments here on earth and seems like whatever they're doing here are wished to done covertly.

I get the same feeling from the men in black stories wiping out short term memories and many abductees telling of wild imagination encounters.

Our military radars in no way detect UFO's flying just above the tree line.

If you don't believe in any of the UFO/UFO crash incidents, why would the governments around the world declassify some of the unexplained cases?

We're smaller than a speck of dusk in the cosmic scale.

edit on 11-3-2023 by Anomin because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2023 by Anomin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

If it was all real…her medical record, and pictures like the above…..may have helped her case.

👽

You're probably right.
The entire case was terribly mishandled.
That all in mind, if (and that is a big if) the military really was operating hazardous (and clandestine) equipment that evening, and this equipment somehow managed to mosey its way over an innocent road, some kind of "CYA" would have been enacted to avoid publicly validating the military's unsavory activities, or even potentially revealing their tech--in the case of non-ionizing electromagnetic radiation, the properties of the transmitting object can be (at least partially) reverse engineered by analyzing the type and extent of injuries experienced by exposed witnesses. Ophi, the paper you linked to (anomalous and subacute field effects) discusses this.

An inadvertent 'reveal' of that nature could theoretically set their classified project back by both dollars and years. (If not in the Cash-Landrum case, this has occurred in other instances)
The CYA? Throw a knucklehead in the mix to represent and add confusion to the case and boom, you've made them all look like nuts ("Case: dismissed!").

Military deception! They (the military) teach entire classes on that particular topic.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Anomin

Even the witnesses did not consider this to be an ET event. Only their 'minder' John Schuessler seemed to promote it as such (after they'd lost their case against the military). He's also been shown to have blatantly made up some elements of the story.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Something I'd overlooked from the OP is that in 2008 Dr. McClelland who, originally examined Betty Cash said there were people (in the know) telling him that there was an accident with an aircraft called the “WASP II” or Williams X-Jet.

There's some footage of this on YouTube

It's a single man craft and rather small. So it may explain why no one else saw this craft. Was one having trouble and spewing flames as it veered off course over Texas?

I'm not sure on this story.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Well it’s my experience that folks researching ufology cases generally aren’t in contact with anybody legitimately “in the know”. But saying it was the Wasp sounds like that was the best McClelland could cone up with. The vehicle in the landrum incident wasn’t an aircraft but a test bed for a technology to be later implemented. A technology that needs to be diddled just right as to not get brand new fancy aircraft from crashing on their test demos for prospective buyers. But it’s pretty useful and when finessed and worked into some other existing systems fantastic.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Their description of a diamond shape is pretty distinctive ….imo

👽
edit on 12-3-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 10:28 AM
link   
And exactly why the government should have taken care of these people and their suffering.
Of course, if I had been one of these women I would not have gotten out of the car and put myself in danger.
After all the reported abductions, etc. - and the fact that they had a small child with them, totally irresponsible.

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1
a reply to: wavelength

Betty Cash having a bad radiation hair day……

👽

That is horrific!!

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: RonnieJersey

They, the parties of …Cash-Landrum and the Government…are both to blame……imo.

👽
edit on 12-3-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I really like that quotation by Einstein in your Avatar:
“Why should the earth be the only planet supporting human life? It is not singular in any other respect."

So true!

edit on 12-3-2023 by RonnieJersey because: grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join