It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhunt After Worshipper In His 80s Doused In Petrol And Set Alight Outside London Mosque

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 04:36 AM
link   

A man in his 80s has suffered severe burns to his arms and face after a man set fire to him as they both left a mosque in London.

The worshipper, 82, was leaving the West London Islamic Centre on Singapore Road in Ealing on February 27 at about 8pm, when the suspect started talking to him.

The pair spoke for about five minutes before the attacker poured a liquid over him that police believe is petrol.
The suspect then set him on fire with a lighter before walking away.

Officers are hunting the suspect and have released images of a man they are looking for in connection with the incident.

Manhun t After Worshipper in his 80s Doused In petrol And Set Alight Outside London Mosque

The poor man, and what a horrible depraved act to commit on a pensioner.

Who the hell does something like that and why???!!!

The stuff of nightmares really.

At least authorities know what the bastard looks like and hopefully he is apprehended sharpish before he manages to hurt anyone else or set some other poor sod alight.
edit on 10-3-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Nigerian Mafia perhaps?
Sounds like assassination with a message.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Possibly, but if it was an assassination attempt you would imagine it would be fast given that it was in a relatively public place.

The perp appears to have spent 5 minutes talking to the victim before dowsing him in petrol, setting him alight, and simply walking away.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Ideological differences?
Cultural differences?

I guess its all guesswork until more evidence is available.

Not nice no matter what.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Wouldn't surprise if this is the far right. Something's cooking up at the moment with their political assassination attempts like Jo Cox and their recent targeting of asylum hostels.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Jo Cox was murdered in 2016.
As atrocious as it was it was hardly 'recently'.

As for the protests at the asylum hotels; the vast majority of those protesting were locals thoroughly fed up and disgusted at the behaviour of the some of the asylum seekers.....including trying to none local schoolgirls.

And have you seen the image of the person suspected of the attack?

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

That's true FB there is a bit of time difference but the far right is certainly a danger to our nation today. No not seen the attacker

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I agree mate, the far-right does pose a threat....but all the indications at present suggest something different in this instance.

And I'm still of the opinion that there are bigger threats from other groups/organisations etc - maybe a discussion for later.

🍻🍻

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Too right FB. Probably shot from the hip a little quickly there. Nothing would surprise me though, everything is so confusing these days. Watched a group of coloured guys walking down the street recently with big sticks screaming "Pack*s get out of our country."

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This is so outside normal UK society norms, is there a chance this is a Russian attempt at destabilization?

No doubt a few pounds in the right hands could get a poor soul to do something so heinous...

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Your absolute mind consuming bias is on full display today.

Without even knowing the very basic facts of the story you immediately had your own personal boogeyman to blame.

This gives you zero credibility in my eyes.
Forever.

(post by ufoorbhunter removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

How do you know right now it's not the far right? Sitting there in the States I guess. The far right is being activated all over the UK and attacking asylum centres etc. People are being attacked by them everywhere. It's not far from the imigination that this attack is far right. I just guess you can't see that

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 10:06 AM
link   

They *both* left the mosque. How many right wing extremist Muslims do you know?

This would be a far more logical assumption to make if the man had approached the parishioner outside the mosque.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Leaving the mosque together is the ultimate disguise for the attacker in many ways. The point I was making above is one never knows who is far right these days. Everything is so mixed up look at Zelensky and his control over the most Nazi military in the whole of Europe. It's totally confusing these days. Right wing is on the growth they take many outward appearances yet they are all full on Nazis at heart

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: ketsuko

Leaving the mosque together is the ultimate disguise for the attacker in many ways. The point I was making above is one never knows who is far right these days. Everything is so mixed up look at Zelensky and his control over the most Nazi military in the whole of Europe. It's totally confusing these days. Right wing is on the growth they take many outward appearances yet they are all full on Nazis at heart

Well the UK list of existential threats is growing now we have Russia/Putin, Migrants, Right Wing extremists, global warming the EU what am I missing?

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I'm not sure as to the motivations or political ideologies involved or even if there are any.

Given that it happened outside a mosque, after what looks like them attending the mosque, i suppose the horrendous attack could even have possible religious motivations.

I just hope they catch the horrible bastard responsible and he is taken off the streets before he does the same to someone else or even worse.
edit on 10-3-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   

The attacker is in the picture i think.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

It's not really for London that's the thing.

But it is an exceptionally horrible attack.

I don't think its much to do with Russia, and probably more to do with religion and the fact that the attacker is obviously off his rocker.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join