It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bakhmut about to fall.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Why would they have fortified Bakhmut in particular and not other places?

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   

"Ukraine has been building the defenses of Bakhmut for 8 years it's the linchpin of Ukraine. By many estimates it was one of the most militarily fortified positions on the planet.."

Care to post some evidence to back up this hyperbole?.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Reports of the fall of Bakhmut would seem to be a little premature:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   

"And Russia just took it..."

Wrong, as usual. See above.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

It's a war.

Didn't start that way, but yeah, it's now a war. It's a war between NATO (using Ukraine as a proxy) and a new Russia/China bloc. Ever hear of a "war of attrition"? Usually that refers to attrition of manpower, but in this case it refers to attrition of technology.

Russia has all the technology they need. If they run low on the components, they have plenty of yuan to buy more from China. We buy all of our technology from China. If we tick off China, they don't have to sell us squat.

Anyone remember a certain certain balloon we shot down, then we went insane shooting down anything in the sky after we recovered it? Yeah, that was coincidence. Totally unrelated.

Tunnel vision... we are busy throwing handguns to our "buddy" while completely ignoring the guy standing off to the side holding the bazooka. At this point, I'm no longer that concerned about what happens to the USA... I love my country, don't get me wrong, but my country is not my government. My country is the people, and between the stolen vote of 2020, the hyperinflation, the supply chain disruptions, the continual push to harm children, the lack of concern when the people are suffering... my government is the enemy of my people. They are not my country; they are a hostile invasion.

This present government of the USA has no right to exist, much less to rule. It has wantonly, recklessly, and continually violated the terms under which it derives its powers from the people. It harms its own people, intentionally, in order to harm others in other nations while claiming it is "helping." It endangers our people, and laughs when people are suffering due to its own actions.

What is so sad is that many people will pay the price for what our own government has done to them. I wish I could set things right, but I cannot... all I can do is raise my voice to point out the atrocities. If no one listens... well, I did all I can do.

Ukraine will never defeat Russia. Ukraine cannot defeat Russia. All Ukraine can do is drag the USA and NATO down with it, and that is the one thing it is doing extremely well. I have to say, it is fascinating to watch... the mass hysteria and absolute trust in those who harm wantonly... the disbelief in our own mortality... as someone who has observed human behavior for six decades, I find it fascinating to watch this intentional self-destruction.

Dark days lie ahead. But it's OK... it's not really a war. People are dying but that's completely normal.
This will all make sense when I am older;
Someday I will see that this makes sense.
One day, when I'm old and wise,
I'll sit back and realize
That these were all completely normal events!

I'll have all the answers when I'm older
Like why we're in these dark enchanted woods.
I know, in a couple years,
These will seem like childish fears,
And so I know this isn't bad; it's good.

Growing up means adapting
Puzzling at your word and your place
When I'm more mature I'll feel totally secure
Being watched by something with a creepy, creepy face!

AHHHHHHH!

See, that will all make sense when I am older.
So there's no need to be terrified or tense.
I'll just dream about a time
When I'm in my age of prime,
'Cause when you're older, absolutely everything makes sense!

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

"Didn't start that way, but yeah, it's now a war. "

Odd. Generally speaking when one country invades another with armour, troops, shelling and bombing it etc under most interpretations of International law, that constitutes "An Act of War"?

Unless you are Putin and try to pass it off as a "Special Military Operation", of course.
edit on 10-3-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Nobody outside your flatulence sniffing chamber believes the tripe.

Now or a a year since you began parroting the western medias propaganda.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Just a gentle reminder once again that Russia has a population of 150 million and a GDP on par with Canada. And China can stop selling but then they'll stop getting paid too.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Thanks, polite and pleasant as always, I see.

I would respond in kind but quite frankly, I can't be arsed.

Best ignored, certain types, so I understand.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: JinMI

Thanks, polite and pleasant as always, I see.

Cheers!

Cheerio.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Islandparty

That's not what he said at all though. It's fine to have issues with the US involvement in Ukraine and even Ukraine leadership in general but I don't think misrepresenting what he actually said is right.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Odd.

Very odd indeed. The USA has regularly invaded country after country under the guise of it being not a war but a "Special Operation." But, it's Russia and the rules are different.

Carry on, please. I'm enjoying the education into human behavior.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

China can stop selling but then they'll stop getting paid too.

Do they really need our dollars?

I wonder what for? They have so many already...

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   

The topic is Ukraine. Not whataboutisms.

Russia invaded Ukraine with the aim of permanently occupying it. Remember Putin saying that after those ridiculously contrived "referendums" that those regions would be " Russia forever"?

I don't want to indulge your whataboutisms much further, to prevent thread drift and such, but since when in modern history has the US invaded another country with the intention of permanently annexing it?

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   

So they're gonna buy their own products from themselves? Brilliant. They'll never need foreign money again.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 01:21 PM
link   

What are you talking about? Our foray into Korea was not an official war but it's called the Korean War. Same goes for Vietnam. Our "special operations" in the Middle East? I'm pretty sure that was called the War on Terror from Day One. Hell, our attempt to combat the drug problem in this country was even a war.

This country takes every chance it can to call something a war.
edit on 3/10/2023 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Unlike some?

Like, where if you call it what it is and use the W word or criticise it, Gulag for you.

Honestly, some folk tie themselves in knots to hand wring about and hate their own western countries (ok, or their Govts) whilst supporting Putins awful War.

I'm genuinely shocked, and saddened.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Unlike some?

Like, where if you call it what it is and use the W word or criticise it, Gulag for you.

Honestly, some folk tie themselves in knots to hand wring about and hate their own western countries (ok, or their Govts) whilst supporting Putins awful War.

I'm genuinely shocked, and saddened.

You can't see the forest for the trees though.

"Putin's awful war" is being used like a cheap rag to squander, loot, and pillage government coffers like never before by VERY corrupt people who are far worse than awful Putin.

If you can't see that by now you never will.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

There's none so blind as them that won't see.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   

a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

There's none so blind as them that won't see.

I was really hoping to see the more parroted talking points like the usual, like "He invaded a sovereign nation with no reason".

Instead I get quotes from Yoda. Switching it up I see.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join