It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bakhmut about to fall.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

What do you find interesting about it? After all the most intense fighting has been in the east, near the border to Russia. I think it might be less confusing if you had a map breaking it down by smaller regions rather than entire countries.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: Cutepants

It takes two to tango.

Yeah, exactly. I've just noticed a lot of people have this weird idea that someone was shelling Donbas before the war started.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

Wait so when the invasion began people ran toward their enemy for refuge.

I knew there would be some spin.

Putin kidnapped 3 million people by force was my guess.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

I don't know how many people Russia forced to relocate. 3 million seems speculative, do you have a source for that?

And keep in mind that Eastern Ukraine always had close ties to Russia, even more than the rest. A ton of Ukrainians have family in Russia, and vice versa.

Also, I don't have the stats for this right now, but I think a majority of the refugees only became that in 2022, long after the front line had been established and entrenched? It's not safe to cross there.
edit on 13-3-2023 by Cutepants because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

That's the face of war. Again, i'm not taking sides.

I just find it strange that Russia said they came to save Donbas and they literally blew the crap out of it 100 times worst in a month than Ukraine could ever do in 9 years.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 08:33 PM
link   
As Russian is grinding down, Ukraine is about to become its strongest as NATO gear hits the field with trained soldiers.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

Also, I don't have the stats for this right now, but I think a majority of the refugees only became that in 2022, long after the front line had been established and entrenched? It's not safe to cross there.

Seems Putin conscripted a good number of males from Donbas to fight, and so there are not that many left there. I wonder if we can say he killed them...

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

So? How long will it take Russia at what cost to replace the hardware and around the 200,000 soldiers lost or wounded in the Ukraine?

But. Russian and NATO arms dealers are making money. Go Putin.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
It all failed because the Ukrankian polticans never wanted to honor nor follow the agreements.

There is even a footage now of Zelensky smiling if not laughing/smiling when the agreement was signed..

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WhatItIs

Russian and NATO arms dealers

You mean those same NATO arms Dealers which are also now buying weapons and ammunition from Russian arms industry. On that case you are right.

the 200,000 soldiers lost or wounded in the Ukraine?

The 200k lost soldiers is likely from Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Xevin

Ukraine is about to become its strongest as NATO gear hits the field with trained soldiers

You are sounding as Zelensky.

posted on Mar, 13 2023 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

It all failed because the Ukrankian polticans never wanted to honor nor follow the agreements.

There is even a footage now of Zelensky smiling if not laughing/smiling when the agreement was signed..

Wow! you are right! I stand corrected. That is a perfect reason for Russia to destroy every building standing there and pillage every able man to fight in their war. Those damn Ukrainians...

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Wow! you are right! I stand corrected. That is a perfect reason for Russia to destroy every building standing there and pillage every able man to fight in their war. Those damn Ukrainians...

I have to ask: is there ever a good reason for war? I can't think of one, but the entire history of the planet is littered with them.

Besides, now that talking out an issue (aka diplomacy) is bad and wrong and a sign of weakness/surrender/capitulation, what else is left?

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

And see. That’s where you lose credibility. You can’t be honest about the actual deaths of Russian soldiers.

Each side has lost about 200,000 each form killed in action or being wounded. A combined total for each side of about 400,000. All so Putin can have more oil and natural resources.

edit on 14-3-2023 by WhatItIs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhatItIs
All so Putin can have more oil and natural resources.

All of Russian natural gas, oil and fresh water deposits are well within the border of Russia and a lot of it is Russia's far east, that couldn't be further away from Ukraine.

What is in Ukraine is the Russian steppe, a great flat plain which is the only way to get a standing army/tanks from Europe into Russia.

/or an army/tanks from Russia into eastern Europe, depends on how you look at it lol.

Hitler had to roll through Ukraine to invade Russia and the Ukrainians welcomed the Nazi, the Ukrainians also helped the Nazi commit genocide and even ethnical cleansing of Jews... so they have a bit of a Nazi problem in Ukraine.

Collaboration With Nazi Germany

Do people seriously think these ideologies just disappear? like the USA doesn't have racist anymore since we had the civil rights movement... or any other place around the globe for that matter. You can't whitewash Ukraine's past no matter how hard the media tries.

Globalists are Nazi defending Nazi's, Globalism is the new Nazi Nationalism.

edit on 14-3-2023 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I have to ask: is there ever a good reason for war? I can't think of one, but the entire history of the planet is littered with them.

Besides, now that talking out an issue (aka diplomacy) is bad and wrong and a sign of weakness/surrender/capitulation, what else is left?

TheRedneck

I agree, I just do not know how we go from talking to War with Russia unless Donbas is not the REAL reason for the war and I'm about 99% sure it was not the reason just as the mysterious US bio-weapons labs were not.

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: iamthevirus
Prior to 2014, there were articles in the MSM talking about how Ukraine had a big problem with neo-Nazis. It was a known issue.

Since then, all of that has been flushed down the memory hole, and we're supposed to support the very same people who were wearing SS insignia and painting swastikas on their vehicles up until just a year or two ago.

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: iamthevirus

Welcome? Or were going to be shot if they didn’t “welcome” the Nazis.

Like at the end of WWII Germany’s youth had a choice to refuse to join the Nazi youth group if they didn’t mind their families being murdered by the SS.

And how did the USSR work out for the Ukrainians?

An Introduction

In 1932 and 1933, millions of Ukrainians were killed in the Holodomor, a man-made famine engineered by the Soviet government of Joseph Stalin.

cla.umn.edu...

edit on 14-3-2023 by WhatItIs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: iamthevirus
Hitler had to roll through Ukraine to invade Russia and the Ukrainians welcomed the Nazi, the Ukrainians also helped the Nazi commit genocide and even ethnical cleansing of Jews... so they have a bit of a Nazi problem in Ukraine.

This is such a shallow appraisal of history.

The historical fact was that Ukraine was faced with two monsters. Hitler and Stalin. Nazi Germany was seen by some as a saviour, as the Ukrainians had just experienced a Russia-imposed genocide known as the Holodomor. War makes strange bed-fellows, often opportunistic. Ukrainians were persecuted by both Germany and Russia, but that history does not make Ukraine Nazi today. Both Stalin and Hitler had a "Jew problem" - persecution of the Jews was not just a Nazi trait.

Russia is ethnically cleansing Ukraine today. It's been going on since 2014 as the millions of displaced Ukrainians will attest.

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhatItIs
Like at the end of WWII Germany’s youth had a choice to refuse to join the Nazi youth group if they didn’t mind their families being murdered by the SS.

Pope Benedict was forced to join the Hitler Youth. In fact, he joined a seminary as a way to get out of having to support the Nazis.
edit on 14-3-2023 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join