It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden in plain site? Bigfoot attacks described as "suspected bear attacks"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I recently had a thought and have spent time looking into it.

There are 40 bear attacks on humans worldwide every year.
Bear Attacks Statistics – Injuries & Fatalities Worldwide!

There are also "suspected bear attacks". Maybe "suspected bear attacks" is actually used to coverup bigfoot attacks?
Examples of "suspected bear attacks":

Craig Clouatre died in a suspected grizzly bear attack.

Officials are attempting to verify whether a grizzly bear was responsible for the tragedy and are testing hairs found in the area

Suspected grizzly bear attacks, kills western Montana camper

Montana authorities and wildlife officials are scouring the Ovando area after a suspected grizzly bear attacked and killed a camper there early Tuesday.

Area farmersays predator attacked herd

Something savagely killed nine cattle on Brian Stevens' farm near Carl Junction, but no one knows for sure what sort of predator did the damage.

Stevens thinks it might have been a black bear

He said he saw the red hindquarters of an animal, possibly a black bear, as it fled.

The kills may not totally fit the profile of black bears, mountain lions or coyotes, but Stevens still hopes to identify, and eliminate, the culprit.

Then there are reports of aggressive/attacking bigfoot creatures.
Mike Wooley spoke of an encounter with two aggressive bigfoot creatures. Sasquatch Chronicles Blog

Story told by Fred Beck of an attack by "mysterious creatures" in Ape Canyon in 1924.
I FOUGHT THE APEMEN OF MOUNT ST. HELENS, WA.

I saw one of the apelike creatures

President "Teddy Roosevelt wrote about another hunter having an encounter with" a bigfoot "in his book, The Wilderness Hunter, which was published in 1893."
ROOSEVELT RELATES 'BIGFOOT' STORY

the creature ransacked their camp while they were gone, and the next day, while Bauman was away, it broke his companion's neck.

Perhaps they are hiding that bigfoot actually kills some people but blaming it on a "suspected bear" to try and hide that bigfoot is real?

I was somewhat aware of David Pailides. I watched Missing 411 a few years ago but I do not remember him making the connection between bigfoot and suspected bear attacks". Did he? I did read of a Kyle Polich. According to wikipedia:

concluded that the allegedly unusual disappearances represent nothing unusual at all, and are instead best explained by non-mysterious causes such as falling or sudden health crises leading to a lone person becoming immobilized off-trail, drowning,[22] bear (or other animal) attack, environmental exposure, or even deliberate disappearance.

Video of David Polich that the wiki article is based on:

Why hundreds of people vanish into the American wilderness

According to NamUs (National Missing and Unidentified Persons System), more than 600,000 persons go missing in the United States every year. Anywhere between 89 percent to 92 percent of those missing people are recovered every year, either alive or deceased.

In 2011, David Paulides, founder of the North America Bigfoot Search, launched a database of wildland disappearances that occurred under “mysterious circumstances.” From his research, there are at least 1,600 people, give or take, currently missing in the wild somewhere in the United States.

Some of this stuff I just found out today in researching the subject. Such as Craig Clouatre. Did they test the hairs and confirm it was a grizzly bear? I did not find that answer in searching. I did not find any answers to the Carl Junction cattle attack, other than the original story from 17 years ago.

Is bigfoot a killer but "suspected bear attacks" getting the credit to help keep the existence of bigfoot hidden?

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

After many years of listening to close range eyewitness accounts a common thread I picked up on is how, when authorities arrive on the scene, they always appear desperate to forcefully impose on the eyewitnesses that what they saw 'was just a bear' and are urged to 'drop the subject' - almost as if this is just the standard party line (issued by the Department of the Interior/DHS).

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   

i am all team bigfoot, but i also am very interested about bears, always following their tracks with my dog, finding dens, kill sites etc, and i must say, that often people will describe bigfoot kinda standing up, well, bears often do that same thing.. sometimes bigfoot is reported to throw stones, again, bears are surprisingly good at that, you can even find a clip on the tube where a polar bear smashes the glass in its exhibit with a big stone. Inuits claim that polars bears use huge blocks of ice to kill a large walrus.. People often describe bigfoots face, when you see a huge face in the woods, imagination takes over and paints a picture on top of a bears face, they do have a certain human aspect to them, this leads me to myths from all over the world. The bear is often described as the brother of man, and people have always associated them closely with humans, all the way from the ainu of japan,across russia, skandinavia north america and canada.

What does it all mean?

Maybe there is a connection.
Do bears have a supernatural aspect to them? i mean bigfoot is associated with all kinds of things like ufos for example, so bears may have something to do with the whole thing also.

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Maybe it was Cocaine bear...😁🤣😂

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Hi Blue,

Those people who profess to know much more about this topic than I do, are largely of the opinion that there exist several different "Bigfoot" type creatures.
Some are believed to be benevolent and mild-mannered, even to the point of helping/sheltering/protecting lost or injured humans (especially children) and some are believed to be nasty, dangerous and aggressive towards humans.

The nastiest ones (that I've heard of being discussed) are referred to as "Gugwe" and in appearance, they have a more canine-looking snout than their ape-like Sasquatch cousins.

If the Gugwe do exist, then I'd hazard a guess that they would indeed likely attack humans who encroached on their territory, and I'd also not be surprised if the "authorities" hid that fact with "possible Bear-Attack" cover stories.

Plus, yeah... Bear attacks can and do happen unfortunately.
regards,
G

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 08:49 AM
link   
So, it's a gugwe, not a gug, or coc aine bear, or a squatch.

That makes more sense to me, that it is something other than a wookie or buildabear.

Seriously, that savagery is more "werewolf" to me. I mean, gugwe.

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Steadydietofnothing
Maybe it was Cocaine bear...😁🤣😂

I just watched that movie 😂

That bear was such a savage 🐻

If you go down and listen to episode 903 it's called "The Kentucky Massacre".

Investigator David Eller looked into this case and was convinced it wasn't done by any known predator. I thought this episode & the finding was pretty interesting.

podcasts.apple.com...
edit on 19-3-2023 by MisguidedAngel because: Added on

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 11:57 AM
link   
If you like stories like this
looke on youtube, listen or reddit, read.
Fictional stories about The SCP Foundation.
its about the goverment, what they hide and how.
Its crazy but great fun to read.

Its NON copyright.
any one can put stuff on the internet.
you dont get bad ones!

Oh! and GRATE! videos.
"SCP: OVERLORD"
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Some pretty compelling reports over on this site - also covered is the coverup aspect.

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

Hi Blue,

Those people who profess to know much more about this topic than I do, are largely of the opinion that there exist several different "Bigfoot" type creatures.
Some are believed to be benevolent and mild-mannered, even to the point of helping/sheltering/protecting lost or injured humans (especially children) and some are believed to be nasty, dangerous and aggressive towards humans.

The nastiest ones (that I've heard of being discussed) are referred to as "Gugwe" and in appearance, they have a more canine-looking snout than their ape-like Sasquatch cousins.

If the Gugwe do exist, then I'd hazard a guess that they would indeed likely attack humans who encroached on their territory, and I'd also not be surprised if the "authorities" hid that fact with "possible Bear-Attack" cover stories.

Plus, yeah... Bear attacks can and do happen unfortunately.
regards,
G

I tend to agree with you and have always wondered about the slight variations in appearance. Strangely, this seems to be the case with the Loch Ness monster sightings, as claimed over decades and centuries.

Curious. Its almost as though we are being toyed with by another realm. Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   
And to the OP, thank you for a great topic of discussion with astute points to support. In Algonquin Park, Ontario, Canada, in 1991, a couple was slaughtered by a "bear". The details made the local news and I found it odd, such an attack. The bear was said to be lingering at the campsite, near and around the carnage, 5 days thereafter. Supposedly rangers shot it. But think of that scenario and how it doesn't wash. The smell of blood would attract other wildlife, but it didn't. What kept that other wildlife away? And why was the "bear" lingering but not feasting, per se? Did they discover and vex an Apex-Predator?

posted on Mar, 23 2023 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

After many years of listening to close range eyewitness accounts a common thread I picked up on is how, when authorities arrive on the scene, they always appear desperate to forcefully impose on the eyewitnesses that what they saw 'was just a bear' and are urged to 'drop the subject' - almost as if this is just the standard party line (issued by the Department of the Interior/DHS).

Back in the mid 60's when my dad was a teen in SE Texas, one of his chores were to be up and feeding the cows by 3am so he'd have time to get back home in time to get ready for school. I don't remember how long he said the walk was, but I know he said it was a long walk in a dark field, maybe half a mile or a bit longer. Anyways, he said he'd heard the screams of a panther several times and as scary as that was, there was a scarier - unfamiliar - sound he heard coming out of the woods across the field. A wooping sound. He said he heard "woop woop woop" and then a couple of seconds later he'd hear an answer from another part of the woods, woop woop woop. like whatever was making this noise was communicating with another one. It wasn't a regular occurrence, but happened on more than one occasion. Years later, I want to say late 90's or early 00's, we were watching some Bigfoot show and there was supposedly a sound captured in some east Texas woods, and when he heard that sound, chills ran down his spine. He said that was exactly what he'd heard in the woods.

posted on Apr, 12 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   
IDK, seems to me that with no evidence of a sasquatch attack, they're just going to incorporate suspected bear attacks and place "bear" in parentheses, to keep the mystery going without undeniable evidence.

top topics

join