It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My second attempt at digital art

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Thanks, I thought so; it was too perfect to be by chance.

Same here, I love doing art, but it doesn't put food on the table... at least not regularly. Lately, it's only my wife that commissions me to design stuff for her (TV/Film/Poetry) projects... needless to say, I'm not billing her anytime soon.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

It's just not something that is a reliable way to earn an income unless a person teaches. Even though many people are incredibly talented.

I had a young man who worked for me around 1995 who was probably the most talented artist I've ever seen. No education at all and never had an art lesson but his work with watercolors was remarkable. I still have some of his work around here.

While he was waiting to be interviewed by me, he asked for a sheet of paper and a pen. I got to him maybe a half hour later and in just that time he had done a masterful pointillism image of an Elk in front of the Grand Tetons in monochrome with just a ballpoint pen. When I look at it still makes my jaw drop. Sadly he died a few years later and his lifestyle kept him down because just would not stop partying and get an education. He could barely read and spell, but his work was that of a savant. I had a potential Master working for me doing grunt work and nothing I could do to help him.

Me, I was into all black and white with pencils. I could make an image look like a black-and-white photo that would fool the eye. I had the skill but I did not have the heart. I was a human copying machine, not an artist. I do enjoy fooling around with digital though to relax.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
a reply to: AOx6179

I wanna try

That is a wonderful illustration

posted on Mar, 11 2023 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Thanks for the extra information, Blaine.

That young man's story is sad and on par with that of many artists. They live with an inner turmoil and the only outlet is their specific artistic vein. My wife is like that, her suffering comes out in her poetry and stories, otherwise, it just remains a mental constipation. I'm a bit like that, but I have other ways to vent and rant. Although, as you say, art is the most relaxing and rewarding.

I love the term human copying machine, but with the pencil skills you have, I still consider you an artist... it's a fine line between copying and original work. 2B or not 2B?

edit on 11/3/2023 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2023 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I know You guys are imaginary, but sometimes there's some pretty good stuff here..Thanks for sharing..

posted on Mar, 29 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This seems the proper place to discuss man vs machine eh? What are the highest achievements of mankind? Is it architecture, monuments, literature, music, paintings or sculpture? Perhaps all of those? I know I sound like sour grapes but work done by computers needs to be kept distinctly separated from the work of human hands. Art as a word had some sacrosanct qualities to it that are rapidly being displaced by digital constructions just as music was Mozart then somehow rap came to be called by the same term. Rap is rap, music it is not. In my mind you cannot make art or music using entirely digital means or the words themselves lose their value and become mundane adjectives describing imagery or sounds. I am not anti-tech but our profit-driven economy puts it out so quickly we have no way of understanding it's effects on human beings, individually or socially and our language is rapidly mutating in step with it.

If our language is corrupted everything else can follow in the real world. Like "mostly peaceful" protests, wars of liberation, words have consequences ( you deserve a beatdown for using wrong speak). If these words fall on deaf ears here I give up, the cause will already be lost.
edit on 29-3-2023 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2023 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join