It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dominion is Suing Fox News for Defamation after Admitting Their Voting Systems are Horrible.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Some interesting stuff on this here:

www.pbs.org...

Addressing Trump’s four years as president, Carlson said, “We’re all pretending we’ve got a lot to show for it, because admitting what a disaster it’s been is too tough to digest. But come on. There really isn’t an upside to Trump.”
edit on 9-3-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The lawsuit was filed almost two years ago in March 2021, why are so many of you (including the OP) acting like this lawsuit came out of nowhere? The only reason it's in the news now is because it's entered the discovery phase and we're starting to learn a lot about what Fox actually thought about Trump's claims.

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I don't know of a single person who bases their like or dislike of a policy or person based on what the news says.

Except for democrats.

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It's more about what Trump actually says and does.

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

They have sued Lindell. For $1.3 billion. He tried to countersue and was sanctioned by the court for bringing a frivolous lawsuit.

The last update I heard on that case was in October when the Supreme Court refused to hear Lindell's appeal, allowing the case to move forward.

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

It's more about what Trump actually says and does.

He lowered taxes, secured the southern border, lowered unemployment.

Just to mention a few things.

*shrugs*

Life was better under Trump than it is under Biden.

That's an undisputable fact.

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Maybe, but we were talking about like or dislike of a person?

I dislike him because.....him.

Is that allowed?

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Maybe, but we were talking about like or dislike of a person?

I dislike him because.....him.

Is that allowed?

Sure.

I've had surgery done by doctors that were complete assholes. Were they good? Hell yeah! Did they do a good job? Hell yeah! Did I like them as people?

No.

I don't have to like them. I don't need to like them.

I just want them to do a good job.

I see politicians like I see plumbers.

We hire them to work for us.

If they do a good job, we'll keep them around.

If they do a bad job? We fire them.

But nothing says you HAVE to like your plumber in order for him to fix a leaky tap.

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Yes, of course.

I just happen to dislike the fella. Is all.

Or must I have to like him, cos I am told to?

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer
a reply to: carewemust

Fox didn't simply claim that Dominion's system was inaccurate.

What Fox claimed was: (1) Dominion committed election fraud by rigging the 2020 Presidential Election; (2) Dominion’s software and algorithms manipulated vote counts in the 2020 Presidential Election; (3) Dominion is owned by a company founded in Venezuela to rig elections for the dictator Hugo Chávez; and (4) Dominion paid kickbacks to government officials who used its machines in the 2020 Presidential Election." (That's taken from the legal filing document.)

www.documentcloud.org...

In other words, Fox didn't claim that Dominion simply had an inaccurate system. An inaccurate system could cut either way; it could help Trump just as often as it could help Biden. Fox claimed that Dominion acted deliberately with malicious intent to "rig" the election in Biden's favor. If Fox can't come up with some evidence that those claims are true, then they probably defamed Dominion.

The Judge is giving Fox the opportunity to prove their claims.

Thank-you for the LEGAL perspective. I assume FoxNews presented evidence to support its claims? They're not just a single person spouting off. A corporation with real lawyers.

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Thrumbo

RE: www.cnn.com...

Because this is an CNN article, it would have more believability if CNN had interviewed these FoxNews staffers on Video, with their faces hidden. CNN stories are written well, but the network is really battered, credibility-wise.

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Real lawyers, like Sydney and Rudi?

How did they work out?

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Real lawyers, like Sydney and Rudi?

How did they work out?

I'd say they fared a little better than Avenatti.

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

What you're saying is, "NEWS" entities are more entertainment, than real unbiased news reporting nowadays.

I didn't get that from Thrumbo's post at all. Everything stated in that post applied specifically to Fox News and only to Fox News except for one sentence about the reason why anti-defamation processes exist in law.

It is also Fox's argument, and as far as I know Fox's argument only, that it is really an entertainment site and not a news site. Genuine, ethical news organizations, like Reuters, AP, BBC, CBS and the rest, don't claim that and certainly don't behave like that. I don't know about other MAGA fake news purveyors such as Breitbart, Gateway Pundit and OAN; under legal duress, I expect they too would probably shelter behind the 'entertainment' excuse, while pretending to their followers that they're genuine news outlets. And of course that charlatan Sydney Powell used a similar defence when called on her false claims about election rigging -- the place where this all started.

It's a right-wing thing; exploit the stupidity of your comrades to make money and aggregate power. All authoritarians do it. Look at Putin.

I get the feeling every night when CBS Network News comes on that they're pushing a "climate change" agenda. One of their top 5 stories over the past 3 months, is always about WEATHER in some parts of the country.

CBS Nightly News only has 20 minutes of air-time, outside of the commercials. Why a Weather condition in some part of the country always gets a slice of that 20 minutes, points directly to a climate-change nutjob in charge of programming at CBS, imo.

I guess what's "NEWS" is in the mind of the network executives, and how seriously they take themselves.

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Yes, of course.

Nope.

You can dislike him.

I don't like him.

Everyone can dislike him.

*shrugs*

His policies though. . . .

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Yes, of course.

Nope.

You can dislike him.

I don't like him.

Everyone can dislike him.

*shrugs*

His policies though. . . .

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Where are they now?

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
That would mean that Dominion would have to prove above and beyond any shadow of doubt that what Fox stated , etc. was lies. 100%
Ain't gonna happen .

Dominion Voting Systems' PEAK revenue was $17.5 million in 2021.

Source: www.zippia.com...

Can they AFFORD to sue FOX corporation?

If they win, and get $1.6 Billion, Dominion might want to use the cash influx to make their Software and Hardware function adequately.

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Not in jail, unlike the Hottie Avenatti.

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Can they AFFORD to sue FOX corporation?

If they win, and get $1.6 Billion, Dominion might want to use the cash influx to make their Software and Hardware function adequately.

... OR ... They could give 33% to the law firm, about 35% to middlemen for research and 'consulting', and give 30% to the CEO and Board members as bonuses... leaving the final 2% for the "cost of business" which means ads that extoll their many virtues and glorious legal successes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join