It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starfield - Official Release Date Announcement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Best way to soften the blow of another delay is to give a release date and Bethesda have just done it , previously scheduled for the first half of 2023 Starfield has been delayed another couple of months and will launch 6th September 2023 , that's almost 12 months on from the original release date so it must be about ready now !

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Sort of Outer Worlds and New Vegas mix?

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Hehe.

We both know it still wont be complete.

Bethesda leaves that up to the slaves. I mean modding community!

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Gortex - I have rarely, if ever, agreed with your takes & analyses on political subjects. But as a fellow gamer, I say to you - Thanks! Keep up the great work!

At least a dozen times, you've shared on ATS breaking, very relevant news from the world of PC and Console gaming; news that I hadn't seen anywhere else, and about which I probably would've remained unaware. I've always loved Bethesda games, since I dove into Morrowind, and swam all the way to the bottom... then came Fallout 3 (maybe my personal GOAT), Oblivion, New Vegas, Skyrim, and Fallout 4. I haven't tried FO76, but I might.

JinMI, you're absolutely correct about Bethesda's big games often being released in a semi-broken state, infested with bugs like a mossy tree trunk that fell to the forest floor 20 years ago. I know it, I admit it's true. And yet I still can't wait to play the new Titles. In my opinion, their franchises have a character and an authenticity that stands apart from other AAA studios, and gives a level of immersion I've rarely found anywhere else. Hopefully, by delaying Starfield a final time, they're able to do a thorough job with the play-testing/QA process, and what we receive in September- while not perfect- will be satisfactorily polished and fully playable.

With the way time is flying by, the September release of Starfield will be here in a couple weeks... or it will feel that way, at least!

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: M4nWithNoN4me

Essentially Bethesda releases themed toolkits. With a lackluster story.

If it werent for the modding community they wouldnt the games wouldnt have near the shelf life.

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 04:07 PM
link   

previously scheduled for the first half of 2023 Starfield has been delayed another couple of months and will launch 6th September 2023

Bethesda doin the strip "tease" again .
I am sayin around Thanksgiving or Christmas , maybe even later.

posted on Mar, 9 2023 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I know someone who is working on Starfield, and I asked him if Sept 6 was realistic, and he thinks that it is very much so, for what that's worth.

posted on Jun, 21 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Might be cool. Looks like No Man's Sky but with an actual plot.

new topics

top topics

join