It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives are following Trump's path - Rigged e-elections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Estonia had its governmntal elections this week and the liberals won the large majority. One thing, that makes Estonia unique (or rare) is the fact that you can vote electronically in elections portal using your personal ID-card. The liberal party who has been in power for years gained the majority of e-votes, while losing when it came to ballots and now the conservatives, who lost, are saying that the elections were rigged, just as Trump did.

The conservative party is generally anti-EU, anti-NATO and has suspected ties to Russia and Wagner group. Socially they are extemely conservative, but economically too liberal. Their key promises were about lowering taxes, increasing minimum wage and pensions, subsidizing electricity prices.

When it comes to voting, especially in my opinion, the results were as expected. The target groups are simply too different. To be honest, I have never gone to voting booth myself and most of my friends have not. Younger, more educated, more well-off people tend to vote electronically, while for conservatives (at least in my acquintances) voting day is something special compared to us. They seem to take pride in voting, being vocal about their choices and voting day is a special day with good food, taking time to go to the booth and so on. For me, it is simply something to get done, as fast as possible.

Trump has had lots of impact on the conservatives here. All the distrust in media, fake-news, fake elections etc, just following the steps. Thought it might be interesting to share here.
edit on 8-3-2023 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Cabin

More well educated,better off people vote electronically do they?
What utter nonsense.
High opinion of yourself eh?
Edit- A fool never realises that he's a fool.
edit on 8/3/2023 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

That is not only my opinion. That is what studies show. The target group is pretty clear. Generally, younger people, IT sector, office workers, who generally have higher education and are familiar with technology vote electronically, while less educated people, who have lower education and work lower paying or physically demanding jobs, tend to vote in voting booths. We have 20 years of data showing clear trends of it.
edit on 8-3-2023 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Generally, younger people, IT sector, office workers, who generally have higher education and are familiar with technology vote electronically, while less educated people, who have lower education and work lower paying or physically demanding jobs, tend to vote in voting booths.

Familiar and knowledgable are two very different things.

If it can be networked, it can be hacked.
If it can be hacked, it will be hacked.

Funnily enough people are not much different as youve demonstrated.

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cabin For me, it is simply something to get done, as fast as possible.

And there-in lies the problem. Too many people don’t give enough thought to how they vote. You need to realize that voting isn’t just something to “get done”. It’s an opportunity to let your vote count for something. You should spend time researching candidates and their platform.

How ironic that you classify young, educated, etc. to be somehow superior while in reality those are the ones ruining your country with uninformed votes. I’m guessing you chose candidates based on what the media tells you to do as that is the simplest way. You can’t be bothered to educate yourself.

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 02:38 AM
link   

not even sure you can see that comes across as the height of arrogance given how unprepared the younger generation are to deal with basic technology in the workplace, they are expected to be tech savy yet struggle with the basics of computing..

this phenomenon is labeled as "tech shame" as people expect them to know basic technological needs when in reality all they do know is how to use super simple apps like tiktok..

Gen Z Is Apparently Baffled by Basic Technology

so an arrogant world pretends the young are tech savy while in the real world they are tech illiterates that only come face to face with that when they enter the workforce....

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cabin

That is not only my opinion. That is what studies show. The target group is pretty clear. Generally, younger people, IT sector, office workers, who generally have higher education and are familiar with technology vote electronically, while less educated people, who have lower education and work lower paying or physically demanding jobs, tend to vote in voting booths. We have 20 years of data showing clear trends of it.

studies are pretty clear that group doesn't often have a clue about basic computing or technology, which is fast becoming a major issue in stem subjects let alone the workplace which in turn is becoming a much studied topic..

File not found
A generation that grew up with Google is forcing professors to rethink their lesson plans

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

it pretty much an arrogant attitude to bounce kids into voting the right way.. otherwise they know kids don't vote until much later in life.. i didn't bother to voter until i was in my 40s.. and i probably won't bother voting again as the whole edifice is corrupt and broken.. who in their right mind would trust the same people with digital voting tools..
edit on 8-3-2023 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Of course, I spend time researching the candidates. The voting process itself, how you cast a vote, is something to get done. Why spend an hour or two in order to go to booth, rather than casting a vote in a matter of seconds. Just sign the digital document and thats it. I also do not spend time following the results live, just check the end result next day.

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 03:15 AM
link   

who spends an hour or 2 voting.. its never taken me more than a few mins to go in get my card, mark it put it in a the box and walk out.. thats it done.. its job done in mins..

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 04:32 AM
link   

The liberal party who has been in power for years gained the majority of e-votes, while losing when it came to ballots

Keep reading that till it sinks in. Maybe then you'll understand why we vote in person.

edit on 8-3-2023 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 04:38 AM
link   

"Hello, is this 99 Flavours of Ice Cream?"

"Yes sir. Which flavor would you like to order? "

"Do you have vanilla?"

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Younger, more educated, more well-off people tend to vote electronically,

More educated doesn't equal smart or wise.

Paper and pen and hand counted is the most secure, but what does this uneducated foggie know?

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cabin

So much in this little paragraph.

My favorite line has been put in bold by me. If you want a study proving that grass is not really green, if there isn't one out there, we will make one.

Science is funny...like a computer. GIGO. Garbage In, Garbage Out.

If I want to prove something, I am already starting with bias. My opinions and ideas will mold my research. I will get the desired outcome...especially if I just got a grant to prove it. (Yes, believe it or not, people don't pay for a study to get answers they don't want.)

So the way I see it.....a bunch of 20 something, silver spoon kids, in an expensive school need to justify the 4+ years of partying. So they do a study proving that they are the smartest.

I prefer to think for myself....not how they want me to.

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

though its an interesting take when the bulk of universities, corporates and now media outlets have reported the opposite since around 2017 onwards..

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw
a reply to: theatreboy

though its an interesting take when the bulk of universities, corporates and now media outlets have reported the opposite since around 2017 onwards..

Also interesting is the fact that it is the universities and media outlets that drive the agenda of liberalism. Corporations are now getting forced into the same game through ESG. The world is going to look completely different in 10 years (or less). It's another reminder that the movie Idiocracy may as well be a prophesy.

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

The liberal party who has been in power for years gained the majority of e-votes, while losing when it came to ballots

Keep reading that till it sinks in. Maybe then you'll understand why we vote in person.

Its amazing how a group of people who historically have been anti-establishment so easily become staunchly establishment when they are the establishment.

posted on Mar, 8 2023 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

All electronic voting systems have been shown to be able to be compromised. There are challenges that groups, such as Def Con, that have a voting village set up. All they do is show how useless some of the technical and procedural controls around this process are. Any nation that has electronic voting, in any form, is asking to be compromised sooner rather than later.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 01:21 AM
link   

How to know when an election is rigged?

When the leading candidate gets every vote cast, like this...

China's Xi Jinping unanimously elected to serve third term as president.
The National People's Congress voted 2,952 to 0 in favor of Xi.
Source: www.foxnews.com...

RIGGED!

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

How to know when an election is rigged?

When the leading candidate gets every vote cast, like this...

China's Xi Jinping unanimously elected to serve third term as president.
The National People's Congress voted 2,952 to 0 in favor of Xi.
Source: www.foxnews.com...

RIGGED!

Xi Jinping, like other Chinese communist leaders, wasn't elected by the Chinese people, and a growing chorus of people are saying that because Xi was elected to a third five-year term, he should be classified as a dictator.

top topics

join