It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jill Biden competency tests ridiculous but less than 37 percent Dems support reelection bid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 07:03 AM
link   
My dad didn't like being told he couldn't drive anymore, but it didn't mean he still did it. The more they fight this the worse it looks. Just remember when something finally happens and it's obvious to the world, they hid it. Just as they hid it for Woodrow Wilson, but this isn't the early 1900s.

Plenty of jobs have proficiency tests, where mental acuity is crucial, certainly being President is one of them. Hell if we aren't going to limit terms Senators and Congresspeople should have to take them too.

But Biden's move on New Hampshire oddly may have just upset the apple cart enough, polls now show just 37% of Democrats want Biden to seek reelection

www.rawstory.com...

Jill Biden calls competency tests for older politicians 'ridiculous'

First lady Dr. Jill Biden, in comments aired Sunday, shot down a call for "mandatory mental competency tests" for politicians over 75, calling it "ridiculous."

Former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations Republican Nikki Haley first proposed such a test last month when she announced her presidential candidacy.

Asked in an interview on CNN if 81-year-old President Joe Biden would ever agree to such a test, the first lady responded: “We would never even discuss something like that.”

Donald Trump, who has already launched his campaign for the presidency, is 76. He supports the tests.

"ANYBODY running for the Office of President of the United States should agree to take a full & complete Mental Competency Test simultaneously (or before!) with the announcement that he or she is running,” Trump posted on Truth Social last month.

apnews.com...

Biden reelection bid faces resistance from some Democrats

LACONIA, N.H. (AP) — Steve Shurtleff was at Joe Biden’s side in 2019 when he filed papers in the New Hampshire State House to run for president.

He repeatedly trekked across the state with Biden to court primary voters. And when Biden ultimately won the presidency, it was Shurtleff, then the Democratic state House speaker, who proudly sealed the envelope that carried New Hampshire’s four electoral votes — including his own name — to the U.S. Senate.

But on the eve of a new election season, Shurtleff, like a majority of Democrats across the country, feels that one term is enough.

“In my heart of hearts, no,” Shurtleff said when asked if he wants Biden to run again. “I think a lot of people just don’t want to say it.”

Democrats across New Hampshire are upset with the Democratic president for trying to end the state’s status as home to the first-in-the-nation presidential primary. But their concerns about Biden run much deeper, in line with a majority of Democratic voters nationwide, who question the 80-year-old president’s plans to soon launch his reelection campaign.

Just 37% of Democrats nationwide want the president to seek a second term, according to a poll released last month by The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research. That was down from 52% in the weeks before last year’s midterm elections.

edit on 6-3-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-3-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   
You don't have to go back to Wilson. Franklin Roosevelt was wheelchair-bound, but this was meticulously hidden from the public until long after his death. Also, the people who voted for him in 1944 had no idea that the guy was on death's doorstep at the time.

Also, in retrospect Ronald Reagan was showing clear signs of dementia by the end of his presidency, but any discussion of this was taboo.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I can remember being seven years old and knowing Reagan was senile just from what I saw on tv.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Dr. Jill” has a doctor of education (EdD) degree from the University of Delaware and not a medical degree. I do believe she likes to play doctor.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
You don't have to go back to Wilson. Franklin Roosevelt was wheelchair-bound, but this was meticulously hidden from the public until long after his death. Also, the people who voted for him in 1944 had no idea that the guy was on death's doorstep at the time.

Also, in retrospect Ronald Reagan was showing clear signs of dementia by the end of his presidency, but any discussion of this was taboo.

Yea but FDR's mind was still sharp, Woodrow was incapacitated and Biden is now essentially a walking potato or eggplant all we can hope is decisions are being made by a team of competent people.

I agree about Reagan, especially his last year or so. But we weren't on the brink of war then either. IIRC there were some contemporaneous comments but For the record, Reagan announced his "diagnosed" condition when he was 83 in 1994, 6 years after his Presidency for perspective, Biden is 80 now.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 10:12 AM
link   
it's time for this to be the norm. Diane Feinstein has dementia and likely isn't qualified to be a senator, yet she will remain at her post until her term is up. Fetterman likely wasn't competent to be a senator when he was elected, and may not be any better now, in fact, he may be worse. We do need to know if the elected leaders can no longer function.

And although my examples are democrats, this isn't a left, vs, right thing everyone should be tested, and once you reach 70, you should be tested every year. In reality, once you reach 70, you should retire and spend time with your family. But some can't get enough (______).

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Notabot12345666

I can remember being seven years old and knowing Reagan was senile just from what I saw on tv.

What's your current diagnosis of Biden?

FWIW Reagan's last 2 years were definitely suspect, for perspective Reagan was 76 or 77 during his last 2 years in office. LOL Biden is 80 now and wants another 4 years

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Dr. Jill” has a doctor of education (EdD) degree from the University of Delaware and not a medical degree. I do believe she likes to play doctor.

That's another debate entirely, but I think that we need to create a separate title for advanced degrees in non-medical fields. For exactly this reason; the fact that she has "Dr." before her name doesn't mean she knows any more about medicine than any one of us here. It leads to false authority situations.
edit on 6-3-2023 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
it's time for this to be the norm. Diane Feinstein has dementia and likely isn't qualified to be a senator, yet she will remain at her post until her term is up. Fetterman likely wasn't competent to be a senator when he was elected, and may not be any better now, in fact, he may be worse. We do need to know if the elected leaders can no longer function.

And although my examples are democrats, this isn't a left, vs, right thing everyone should be tested, and once you reach 70, you should be tested every year. In reality, once you reach 70, you should retire and spend time with your family. But some can't get enough (______).

(______) = "money." How do you think these guys manage to get rich so quickly once they enter congress?

Also, add Nancy Pelosi to the list of geriatric members of congress who are showing clear signs of mental decline.

Going back a bit, Harry Reid had been showing obvious signs of demenia for a few years at least by the time he finally retired, and Strom Thurmond was like, 346 years old and barely alive; they literally wheeled him into the senate for votes, then hauled him away again.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Why it it be anything other than common sense for senior politicians to be tested for competency?

Of course the crap doctor thinks it's ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

FWIW Reagan's last 2 years were definitely suspect, for perspective Reagan was 76 or 77 during his last 2 years in office. LOL Biden is 80 now and wants another 4 years

Knowing what we know about dementia, I believe Joe is faking it or milking it to the max in case he get caught for being the most traitorous leader in history. It was probably Hunters idea. Reagan hid it much better. Biden is trying to get declared incompetent to avoid prison.
I mean “my butts been wiped” really?
“America can be described in on word....iwasendafutlls”. Really?!?

Dementia just isn’t something he could power thru or overcome.

What if his body double has Alzheimer’s so he has to act crazy sometimes to sell it 🤣🤣

edit on 6-3-2023 by Notabot12345666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   
We need Joe Biden to stay in office and run for re-election.

The humor is going to bring tears of laughter to millions of people.

Democrats in the media, political circles, and even rank and file, are sweating bullets due to Joe's incompetency, failing health, and general aloofness.

We need that to continue and even escalate!

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Jill always so persnickety and nitpicky about anything she disagrees with and feels threatened by. She has swollen amygdala syndrome.

And I say all people running for any elected office at any level should be psychiatrically analyzed and diagnosed for any mental problems like psychopathy, sociopathy, etc. 😁

The voting public is entitled to know 😁

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The voting public is entitled to know 😁

That was back when money and votes weren’t printed out of thin air. We’re in Bizarro World now.
Anything can happen next.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Knowing what we know about dementia, I believe Joe is faking it or milking it to the max in case he get caught for being the most traitorous leader in history. It was probably Hunters idea. Reagan hid it much better. Biden is trying to get declared incompetent to avoid prison.
I mean “my butts been wiped” really?
“America can be described in on word....iwasendafutlls”. Really?!?

Dementia just isn’t something he could power thru or overcome.

What if his body double has Alzheimer’s so he has to act crazy sometimes to sell it 🤣🤣

LOL could be I think angry Joe is the body double, dementia Joe is the one thats caught off guard saying my butt's been wiped.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: Nickn3

That's another debate entirely, but I think that we need to create a separate title for advanced degrees in non-medical fields. For exactly this reason; the fact that she has "Dr." before her name doesn't mean she knows any more about medicine than any one of us here. It leads to false authority situations.

I’m simply saying that Jill pulls her Dr. Like kid pulls his fathers gun.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Why it it be anything other than common sense for senior politicians to be tested for competency?

Of course the crap doctor thinks it's ridiculous.

When Jill is introduced, the M.C. always say,s "DOCTOR! Jill Biden".

He/she should say, "Jill Biden, phd".

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Jill always so persnickety and nitpicky about anything she disagrees with and feels threatened by. She has swollen amygdala syndrome.

What did Jill's stepson (Hunter) call her in his e-mail...an "Entitled B_tch?"

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Allow competency tests now and in five years they'll be used against "deplorables"... It's a bad idea

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

don't forget the dead guy they voted in,
so maybe nothing really matters.

top topics

join