It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If companies wanted to help lower cost of living advertise less.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Here in straya companies like the energy company, energy Australia havjng a long winded tv ad as on alternative energy with a Fleetwood Mac ding backing in the ad, how much licensing for the song.

The two major supermarkets, cokes and Woolworths advertising heavily at least two ads at every ad break.

If they were genuine to help lower tho cost of the product, advertise less, they already have massive market share.

They won’t really lose out dollar wise.

Come on big business cut advertising and pass on the savings.

Though advertising it’s a tax deduction, so they don’t lose out anyway way.
edit on 5-3-2023 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Inflation, aka the cost of living increase, is solely caused by governments printing money and dumping it into the economy.

As for your example, advertising increases sales which in turn increases profit for the company that buys ads. Your example would cut sales and cut profit from the fewer sales they would continue to make.

If advertising ever stopped being profitable, all ads would immediately stop.

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: robsmith
I do not know about Australia but in the states advertising is a tax deduction. So you advertise to get your name/agenda before the public or end up paying the government... Simple choice

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Coles supermarkets have this big campaign pushing pride week. There are no products such as grocery items, so instead of pushing this agenda pass on the savings to consumers

a reply to: Jason79

edit on 5-3-2023 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Agreed though i larf when cornflakes, are half price to 5.99. Though reality the half price cuts is already greater than the cost price.

It’s all a ripoff, sure I understand they have overheads, though.

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith
Coles supermarkets have this big campaign pushing pride week. There are no products such as grocery items, so instead of pushing this agenda pass on the savings to consumers

Sounds like, Coles supermarket advertised their entire store, tied it to something controversial yet gaining acceptance, and because of this you are thinking of their store.

That is exactly the desired reaction they paid for.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith
Here in straya companies like the energy company, energy Australia havjng a long winded tv ad as on alternative energy with a Fleetwood Mac ding backing in the ad, how much licensing for the song.

The two major supermarkets, cokes and Woolworths advertising heavily at least two ads at every ad break.

If they were genuine to help lower tho cost of the product, advertise less, they already have massive market share.

They won’t really lose out dollar wise.

Come on big business cut advertising and pass on the savings.

Though advertising it’s a tax deduction, so they don’t lose out anyway way.

Are you talking about like cable television?

What's the name of the cable company in Australia?

I don't even have cable anymore. Mostly old people in the US have it. I watch Pluto TV on my TV with unlimited wifi direct hotspot through my phone. It's supposed to only be 4GB of hotspot data but I have an app that bypasses it.

If you can watch unlimited on your phone, why does hotspot only have a few gigs unless you pay them extra. Even with $20 more, it's not unlimited but watching it on your phone would be. It's the same amount of data.
edit on CST02Mon, 06 Mar 2023 02:21:30 -060000000003b2023 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Thrumbo

It’s free to air tv. I can’t justify streaming free to air.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 03:22 AM
link   

I just used them as an example Woolworths are just as heavy an advertiser.

I usually shop at Aldi.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jason79
Sounds like, Coles supermarket advertised their entire store, tied it to something controversial yet gaining acceptance, and because of this you are thinking of their store.

That is exactly the desired reaction they paid for.

As the poster admitted, he now shops at Aldis. I'm sure that losing customers was not their desired reaction.

Go woke, go broke.

top topics

join