It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Change the Channel when I Hear / See This...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I was just about to say something similar .. I don't own a tv never been happier .. the way these new smart TVs are and 4k tech they can show you images you will never see with your eyes
Or the frequency it gives off that your ears won't be able to pick up on.. they do call it tv programs for a reason

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Amen.

Cable is pay to be advertised to for 1/3 of the time and god awful content anyways.

And the radio is distilled cringe.

Forget cable or satellite.

Every movie or TV show ever made is available for a onetime $35 with a budget streaming box. And not for just the US, everywhere that's connected to the www.

cut the cord...

www.pcmag.com...

How do you stream without satellite?

I live in the woods. No cable. Only way is satellite.

Unless you know something I don’t. I would love to give up satellite. If is not cheap.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I know it’s a Hail Mary, but if you have decent cell phone data there, you can use your cell phone and cast it to your TV, and it still only counts as cell phone data, not hotspot if done correctly.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I know it’s a Hail Mary, but if you have decent cell phone data there, you can use your cell phone and cast it to your TV, and it still only counts as cell phone data, not hotspot if done correctly.

Cell phone service? I have been fighting Verizon for years now because I cancelled because of non service and they still expected me to pay them.

Best I can do is Cricket and it is hit or miss on a good day. Even satellite is sketchy. Too many trees.

Crazy thing is I can see a tower less than 5 miles from my house. Can’t get a decent signal. I don’t know how those folks in the deserts and jungles do it.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   

They make cell phone boosters, but they’re not cheap at $500 dollars. Sometimes cell carriers will lease them if you talk to customer service.

One day I’m sure starlink will be more accessible too.

I’m sure in a few years you won’t have to break the bank to find options.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Yes, I've done that before.

Good tip.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 10:13 AM
link   

They make cell phone boosters, but they’re not cheap at $500 dollars. Sometimes cell carriers will lease them if you talk to customer service.

One day I’m sure starlink will be more accessible too.

I’m sure in a few years you won’t have to break the bank to find options.

Tried the booster. My cell phone carrier did begrudgingly give me one. Of course it didn’t work. I even tried it at my Brother’s house and at a neighbor’s, thinking I could get a better signal. Turns out the device only boost the signal, but first you have to have a signal to boost.

Starlink is not in my area yet, and I am not impressed with the reviews or the cost. We have more people moving out here everyday, I am sure they will bring progress with them.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Amen.

Cable is pay to be advertised to for 1/3 of the time and god awful content anyways.

Every movie or TV show ever made is available for a onetime $35 with a budget streaming box. And not for just the US, everywhere that's connected to the www.

cut the cord...

www.pcmag.com...

Unless you know something I don’t. I would love to give up satellite. If is not cheap.

Do you have a land line for your phone? You can access the www thru that with an internet provider like Infinity or comcast. Hook up a smart TV you should be able o access the www thru a firestick or other android boxes.
www.amazon.com...

No land line...sorry?
edit on 6-3-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Amen.

cut the cord...

www.pcmag.com...

Do you have a land line for your phone? You can access the www thru that with an internet provider like Infinity or comcast. Hook up a smart TV you should be able o access the www thru a firestick or other android boxes.
www.amazon.com...

No land line...sorry?

No cable, no broadband, no wi-fi here. No Infinity, no Comcast.

Satellite is the only option and every time a cloud passes or the winds blow and the trees sway, we go buffering, buffering, buffering.

Curse if the woods.

I do have a fire stick, but it is at the mercy of the satellite signal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join