It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UAP Expedition Number 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Several years ago, a small group of us went to the Archuleta Mesa in New Mexico. I wrote about that experience here on ATS www.abovetopsecret.com...
With a follow-up here www.abovetopsecret.com...
There were several comments regarding a return trip to Dulce. However my assignments sent me all over the country, and I have returned to Albuquerque.

I have personally seen and have reported here on ATS, including some of my interviews with LEO’s and DOD personnel’s experiences, with UAP’s.
I have reviewed 7 UFO crash sites in New Mexico from 1945 to 1948. I found it interesting to connect each crash site, with other N.M. crash sites.
Here is a map.

After reviewing the areas with the most intersecting lines, I came to a Wild Ass Guess that maybe Gallinas Peak, an isolated mountain located in in the Cibola National Forest. There are 3 possible observation points varying from about 7400 feet to 8600 feet in elevation.
The mountain is located in central New Mexico near the small town of Corona. Gallinas Peak is a relatively unknown and isolated mountain. Here are the G.E. maps.
HWY 25 and the Rio Grand is to the West.

Co-ordinates at bottom left.

I’m wondering if anybody would like to join me, or meet up for an evening of camp fire (if allowed) prepared food and coffee. Myself, I have color IR and color Thermal NODs, radiation and radio spectrum detection equipment and various Sony camcorders, and digital cameras. I'm looking a month to 2 months ahead for this expedition.
Please PM me if interested.

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Here are some better G.E. maps.

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 02:59 PM
link   
S&F a ATS member that is actually doing some field work.
Keep us posted, would love to go if I was living in the states.

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

I'm going to read more on the earlier 2009 thread and get up to speed on your theory, Sounds interesting as hell. Wish I had the time and means to actually research UAPs or any other mysterious phenomena. Major props...

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 03:26 PM
link   

THIS is an intriguing idea! Especially, since I’m only 400 miles from there.

You may have a PM coming.

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Nice one, have fun and keep us updated. I hope you find some companions.

Don't get abducted, but if you do, I hope you get the softest of probes.

Oh...and don't foret to keep an eye on adsbexchange.com for realtime military or airforce activity in the area. (U button up top to filter).

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

Nice one, have fun and keep us updated. I hope you find some companions.

Don't get abducted, but if you do, I hope you get the softest of probes.

Oh...and don't foret to keep an eye on adsbexchange.com for realtime military or airforce activity in the area. (U button up top to filter).

You betcha, I use a Wilson cell phone booster that I can tether my laptop to. I also use SkyPro, flight aware, and Satellite AR, amongst other things.

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Wish I were closer.

I remember a thread or two about your outings and will have my eye out for this next one.

KKLOCO is a good egg and I hope he finds the time to tag along. If you ever find yourself near the CSETI ranch or Yakima training center I'd be inclined to join you. There's a Stonehenge replica monument under 90 minutes away from both locations as well.

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 08:21 PM
link   

You may be limited as to how far you can get …..

It appears there’s a multi tower installation at the very top of the peak. If it’s government controlled or private property…..you may not get access without permission.

👽

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

You may be limited as to how far you can get …..

It appears there’s a multi tower installation at the very top of the peak. If it’s government controlled or private property…..you may not get access without permission.

👽

Yes I know that.
There are two other sites that have an extraordinary West, South and East exposure.

Want to come along?
edit on v212023Sundaypm31America/ChicagoSun, 05 Mar 2023 21:21:16 -06001 by Violater1 because: iopjuhiotrd

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I was looking to plan a road trip, if possible, this year to the Socorro landing site and try to squeeze in a stop to Roswell proper for the museum etc. … I’ve never been to either…..it’s all logistics dependent.

On your trip….I’m going to assume you’d be staying at the Red Cloud Campground or do primitive camping?

It’s tempting….I have a better half to consider.

👽

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I was looking to plan a road trip, if possible, this year to the Socorro landing site and try to squeeze in a stop to Roswell proper for the museum etc. … I’ve never been to either…..it’s all logistics dependent.

On your trip….I’m going to assume you’d be staying at the Red Cloud Campground or do primitive camping?

It’s tempting….I have a better half to consider.

👽

I saw this www.google.com...@34.1707964,-105.7422046,12.08z/data=!4m8!3m7!1s0x871effbfcd77b66d:0xa9f9a8b1d9dcb4ba!8m2!3d34. 1903329!4d-105.725758!9m1!1b1!16s%2Fg%2F1v_nczhc

And this review, " Campground is nice but not many campsites. Much better remote campsites if you travel up the road towards Gallinas Peak. An absolute favorite of mine. Verizon cellular tower on top of the peak … so if in view, the reception is outstanding. Always a slight breeze or more … so much cooler than the lower elevations....I have camped here at least 10 times. Quiet, open skies at night. Very clean facilities. No water or electric hookups, great getaway. Few other campers in the area. I have a wilson booster,so no problem with internet....Red Cloud is approximately 18 miles SW of Corona, US 54 and FS 161 and FS 399, El. 7,600 ft. Open all year Bad road during rain and snow seasons...Great little free campground, I visited in August and there was one other person here. The sites have nice deep fire pits that had built in grates to cook on and grates to keep the wood off the ground so you could make a fire even if the bottom of the pit was wet. I know it's typically used by hunters in the fall but it was a nice stop for me along my road trip to Austin...So beautiful. Quiet, relaxing. Very clean vault toilets. An easy drive from Belen...Nice little hideaway. Not sure what others are talking about with creepiness or darkness, it's perfectly fine! Much easier drive getting into the site if you minimize time on the forest road.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

Not sure what others are talking about with creepiness or darkness, it's perfectly fine!

Perhaps there’s a Skinwalker Ranch feeling to it……or the “others” are much more sensitive to aspects of paranormal, cryptids, UFO’s etc. like at Mt. Shasta, Mt. Fuji….etc.

Which is what you would want if your searching the skies and or grounds, for the out of the ordinary experience.

👽

edit on 6-3-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

Not sure what others are talking about with creepiness or darkness, it's perfectly fine!

Perhaps there’s a Skinwalker Ranch feeling to it……or the “others” are much more sensitive to aspects of paranormal, cryptids, UFO’s etc. like at Mt. Shasta, Mt. Fuji….etc.

Which is what you would want if your searching the skies and or grounds, for the out of the ordinary experience.

👽

I don't know. I haven't been there yet.
I do know of the Sabe (Sasquatch?) here in New Mexico.
I even had an interesting experience towards the head waters of the Pecos River.
I live about 3 hrs away, and may not spend the night. But that depends on how many people show up. There is strength in numbers.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Personally, I cherish all of earth’s creatures………until I’m faced with possibly loosing my life.

I would be locked and loaded…..just in case 😉

👽

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Here is a recent historical reporting of UAP's in the area.

ufostalker.com...
You must zoom into the Belen area to see even more sightings.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Do you know where the Socorro landing site is?

On that note, if you do visit. You aren’t too far from the VLA (very large array) complex. I’ve been there and it’s crazy the size of that place, the dishes are so big they are on rail road tracks and they move them around. Far off the beaten path nobody knows it’s there other than a sign on the side of the highway miles away.

Also, The area where the town of Corona is, is a very pretty place.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Do you know where the Socorro landing site is?

On that note, if you do visit. You aren’t too far from the VLA (very large array) complex. I’ve been there and it’s crazy the size of that place, the dishes are so big they are on rail road tracks and they move them around. Far off the beaten path nobody knows it’s there other than a sign on the side of the highway miles away.

Also, The area where the town of Corona is, is a very pretty place.

The site is in a gully at the south end of town. I-25 exit 147 onto California St. Make an immediate left onto El Camino Real/Hwy 1, then an immediate right onto Raychester Drive, then an immediate left onto Fairgrounds Rd. The site can be accessed by a rough dirt road just north of the Socorro Baptist Temple. If you're nervous about driving, stop at the top of the ridge and walk the rest of the way.
www.roadsideamerica.com...

www.socorronm.org...

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Yes……just as the Violator mentioned……

Here’s a couple of collage’s I put together….

Anyone who goes…..I ask that you are mindful of the area and not remove markers or stones you may see and find. This area should be respected with courtesies of a historical landmark……imo.

👽
edit on 6-3-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join