It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deepfake Biden Video Hypes False Narrative U.S. Sending Troops to Ukraine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It seems we had media factions at war too. While obviously, the Turning Point video is just political theater, everything is getting a hard spin one way or another nowadays.

It's ironic the internet was partially supposed to make getting news and information quicker and more efficient, and 30 years later it's now bloated with so many biases you need to confirm or disprove every story and at least try and identify what's these sources angle?

www.newsweek.com...

President Joe Biden's unannounced visit to the capital of Ukraine, Kyiv, appeared to take many of his detractors, not just those in Moscow but Washington too, by surprise.

The visit came on the anniversary of the start of Russia's invasion of Ukraine, a conflict that is being fought not just on the battlefield but also in the information space, continuing to attract misleading claims and fabricated content.

Among the most recent examples were videos purporting to show mass protests in Ukraine, which was in fact dated footage from Slovakia as debunked by Newsweek Misinformation Watch.

In the aftermath of Biden's trip, one particularly insidious narrative emerged on social media, purporting that the U.S. is either planning to, or is being asked to, put "boots on the ground" in Ukraine.

On February 27, a video, shared to his audience by Turning Point USA activist and conservative commentator Jack Posobiec, showed what appeared to be the U.S. president addressing the American public.

In this clip, Biden seemingly announces that he is reinstating the military draft for both men and women in order to help Ukraine's military.

Posobiec appears at the end of the video with a statement that the footage is in fact a deepfake produced by the show's digital team using AI-based tools. A real White House video from December 2021 (which makes no mention of Ukraine) appears to have been used as the visual basis for the deepfake clip.

The TPUSA activist then claimed that the video is a "sneak peak" of what would happen were the military draft to be reinstated, calling the clip a "pre-creation" to warn Americans.

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

The POTUS doesn’t have the unilateral authority to reinstate the draft. It requires Congress to act to approve it.

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Was it this one?
twitter.com...

Needs to include a multitude of gaffes,vocal trip ups and maybe the odd gormless slack jawed stare to get anywhere near convincing..

In all honesty its not that bad an attempt-scary idea:You know that A.I. from the other week which wanted to destroy everything?Think it was the Bing A.I.

I hope its not learning how to perfect deepfakes..

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   

It's ironic the internet was partially supposed to make getting news and information quicker and more efficient, and 30 years later it's now bloated with so many biases you need to confirm or disprove every story and at least try and identify what's these sources angle?

W.C. Fields once said,

if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull#

i think that applies to the internet now just as it did in his day.

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

The POTUS doesn’t have the unilateral authority to reinstate the draft. It requires Congress to act to approve it.

Building a wall, and forgiving student loans too.

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Sometimes fake material is actually a preview of near future reality 😎

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Butwhatif more people automatically think he can than think he can't? 😎

People have trouble believing official sources as it is 😎

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Which administration wouldn't love to float their ideas in a manner that they don't have to claim ownership of said ideas and pulse the public sentiment in order see which segments of society needs how much convincing and to smoothe out their delivery later on?

This deepfake gives them so much info to work with in how people respond to it, it's probably the future of sneaky surveys/polls.
edit on 3-3-2023 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Was it this one?
twitter.com...

Needs to include a multitude of gaffes,vocal trip ups and maybe the odd gormless slack jawed stare to get anywhere near convincing..

In all honesty its not that bad an attempt-scary idea:You know that A.I. from the other week which wanted to destroy everything?Think it was the Bing A.I.

Well, now that you said something.... AI will make attempts....

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   
My honest reaction to the video's creator after twenty seconds of his ponderous self-righteousness was 'what a complete #ing idiot', and I closed the tab. People like that are doing real damage to the world & its people, just as much as any other muppet who acts without truth & decency in his/her heart, when pontificating on important & weighty topics. If you haven't got the brains, or the true north sense of morality instilled deep within you, don't bother commenting on matters of life & death, because all you do is add more bull# to the stinking pile which the social media age has created, and you'll probably confuse & disrupt a lot of folk who just didn't need that confounding their view of reality & ruining their day.

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   

...and 30 years later it's now bloated with so many biases you need to confirm or disprove every story and at least try and identify what's these sources angle?

That's right so look at who's behind the source and the agenda/narrative which tells the reality, so then it's one's personal bias' that come into play.
edit on q00000018331America/Chicago5454America/Chicago3 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Reality now mirrors parody...

I honestly think he would do this of he had the ability. He cares more about a border of a corrupt puppet state than the borders of the country he was "elected" to protect.

This entire administration is a farce. It's all smoke and mirrors.

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Perhaps AI will take over the world at some point, but it will be in a deep fake video that triggers a nuclear war
scary times get scarier.

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   

annnnd you completely missed the point, the weird part is Im posting to work on my typing and communication skills, and

Respectfully where did I say suggest or imply this is real or that would be the process, when stuff like that is thrown out there some people believe it

Is it just to get clicks and follows or is it something more?

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

...and 30 years later it's now bloated with so many biases you need to confirm or disprove every story and at least try and identify what's these sources angle?

That's right so look at who's behind the source and the agenda/narrative which tells the reality, so then it's one's personal bias' that come into play.

Yes of course but nobody has time to do that with every news story from every source, most people digest the news in 15-second sound bites, thus increasing the number of completely misinformed people.

Especially if it confirms a bias the viewer already has. I'm not even sure of the popularity of Jack but most times his stuff makes me roll my eyes and I lean conservative. The point being is his schtick can't really be changing people's minds, and it is just BS theater that people eat up.

and respectfully both sides to this too...

It's just ironic you used to be able to read a newspaper and it's lean or slant wasn't to such a degree that parts of the truth slid totally off the page

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Yes of course but nobody has time to do that with every news story from every source, most people digest the news in 15-second sound bites, thus increasing the number of completely misinformed people.

Especially if it confirms a bias the viewer already has. I'm not even sure of the popularity of Jack but most times his stuff makes me roll my eyes and I lean conservative. The point being is his schtick can't really be changing people's minds, and it is just BS theater that people eat up.

It's just ironic you used to be able to read a newspaper and it's lean or slant wasn't to such a degree that parts of the truth slid totally off the page

i would say that such "journalists" have an influence. they can manipulate and radicalize people and, in the worst case, incite them to commit terrible crimes.

unfortunately, this guy has influence. a social media warrior.

if you are willing to accept information outside your own bubble, then you have already taken a step. there are many objective fact-based sources of information out there. most people are good people. it is the extremes, the hateful, destructive and radical forces that we should be afraid of.

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Why wouldn’t it? The masks taught it to recognise people through body shape and movements. It’s only reasonable to assume it learns from every electronic interaction and analyses from the keystroke level to the macro.

To the OP, news and information is more accessible nowadays, it is also far more vulnerable and way less accurate.

a reply to: Silcone Synapse

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Was it this one?
twitter.com...

You can so easily tell that is not real. Biden could not produce even a two minute serious video without messing something up.

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: malte85

originally posted by: putnam6

i would say that such "journalists" have an influence. they can manipulate and radicalize people and, in the worst case, incite them to commit terrible crimes.

unfortunately, this guy has influence. a social media warrior.

if you are willing to accept information outside your own bubble, then you have already taken a step. there are many objective fact-based sources of information out there. most people are good people. it is the extremes, the hateful, destructive and radical forces that we should be afraid of.

Okay just pulled him up on Twitter he has about 2 million followers for perspective Kim Kardashian has 75 million, if Mr Prosbiec is an influencer and social media warrior he is a poor one.

I just saw his video where he announce his deep fake video. This is nothing but a ploy to attract attention, why even give him the attention? Hell Im wishing I didn't bring it up after I watched his video like I said I lean right and agree with some of his points but that doesn't mean I agree with his reasoning behind this deep fake of Biden. As well as be certain most of his bluster is because he makes money to bluster.

FWIW the best approach would be to point out his opposite number. Who out there with an opposing viewpoint can counter where he is coming from on this and other issues?

Democracy Now?

750,000 followers

Move On. org ?

350,000 followers

and their headline has nothing to do with moving on?

go read their pinned tweet and ask yourself isn't that kind of inciteful too?

This is never going to get anywhere in pointing out our problems with each side, we need to highlight the things we do agree on.

and yes the middle, the moderate, on both sides need to come together and tell their respective extremes to STFU for a while.

There used to be 4-5 big issues separating us here in the US, but now it's every issue no matter how small. Now both sides get pissy when a small town in an area they will never visit doesn't one thing or another to set those that oppose it off.

Who cares, worry about your town, your city, your state, your country have said before here in America it's a slow and tedious process but it is still a self-correcting system when it goes too far you get an equal and obvious opposite reaction.

Sooner or later we will hit the middle again briefly, and one extreme or the other will start pushing the pendulum

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 08:01 PM
link   
'the video is a "sneak peak" of what would happen were the military draft to be reinstated, calling the clip a "pre-creation" to warn Americans.'

interesting. Sounds like the gain of function approach to going viral.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join