It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here comes the food shortages.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Russia has accused of US/UK of stealing Grain exports to the poorest for the EU themselves during the pandemic. I will try to find the link.

There is the quote.
These are interesting developments.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

Russia has accused of US/UK of stealing Grain exports to the poorest for the EU themselves during the pandemic. I will try to find the link.

There is the quote.

I would believe more that some rich russian took it for himself. Probably made a good profit off of it too. Seems to be a lot of that going on there, hey?

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

That would be China. China is buying and hoarding all the grain. The US has so much they burn it making fuel.

www.bloomberg.com...

By mid-2022, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, China will hold 69% of the world’s corn reserves, 60% of its rice and 51% of its wheat.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

So we will be buying grain and rice from China at the price they dream up. But Russia and China are planning for global cooling. At least we have adjusted to "Climate change". On another note, I bought a can of curried bees for a laugh many years ago made in India. In all honesty, they were nice, and Snails "escargot" done in garlic is really nice in a land mollusk sort of way. But I don't really fancy anything else. But if you buy something that says protein enriched, that will be worms.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tebus

originally posted by: billxam
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

As long as there are deer, elk and the wide variety of edible treats, the prepared will continue to eat which, if the conspiracy is correct, will lead to the opposite of what "they" want.

Have you read about the ongoing spread of prions in Deer and Elk populations? That may affect that option.

I have.

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Year-round gardening here in Californias big valley. I was out planting Arugula, parsley, English and French thyme, Swiss chard, celeriac, potatoes, onions, kale, cilantro, peas, beans, etc. A few days ago, my son said, " we don't have any potatoes". I told him to go dig some up, there's a ton of them in the garden, yams too. I have a purple collard tree that is loaded with nutrients and produces year-round.

As for meats.... I have been asking people on here to get prepared for some years now. 5 freezers here with enough food to likely last the rest of my life, and still feed others. All vac locked, and deep freezers set to subzero.

Every time meats go on sale I buy 20 lbs at a time. Giant top round steaks at $3.99 a lb, Dungeness crabs at $6.99 a lb, clams, muscles, gulf shrimp, scallops, pork roasts, turkey breasts, chickens, all kinds of lamb cuts, wild salmon, cod, Mahi Mahi, tubs of homemade tomato sauces, soups, frozen vegetables, walnuts almonds, peanuts, pecans, massive amounts of frozen fruit.

If you are not prepared, do it now. Chest freezer, vac lock, a couple solar panels, and a battery bank/invertor.

I did all this and you can too. No bugs for me!

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
Gimme the Wrens Livers, Oscelot Spleens and Wolf-Nibble-Chips any day.

I think I'll pass on all that crap and stick with my silly walk.

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Tbh and luckily i can´t see any food shortages in Germany. But it doesn´t make a difference if everything is available but so expensive that huge parts of the population can´t pay for the products anymore. I personally love gouda cheese but didn´t buy any since months meanwhile because i am not a victim you can rob without resistance.

If They create inexplicable moon-prices for really everything meanwhile and excuse it with "Ukraine" and "Climate" then i simply don´t buy that overpriced BS anymore. Because from 1,99 to nearly 4 Euros and more is robbery and nothing else, while corporations like LIDL and greenwashed ALDI make billions of profits since corona and especially since that Ukraine excuse. Seems like all we ever needed came from the Ukraine, everything, to 100%, that´s what they want to make us believe now. And excuse the negative effects of Great Reset and Green New Deal plus the by the US created BS sanctions to ruin Russia and Europe with that wag the dog show over there in the Ukraine.

Everything we witness now and since at least 2020 are the effects of the "elites" great transformation, of Great Reset and Green New Deal, no matter what they try to make us believe via their BS MSM propaganda machinery. Energy prices started to rocket before they could use the Ukraine show as excuse, only because of all that lied about "green" and "climate" BS to make the Getty´s and Co (Climate Emergency Fund) of this earth a bit richer. Of course via forcing those, us peasants, who have almost nothing to give their bit to the rich devils.

All of that BS that happens now happens only because the so called "elites" play us peasants like tiny fiddles and create a heaven for them but a hell on earth for us peasants. We should never forget that we are 99%, we are legion, they are only a ridiculous one percent and would never ever stand a real chance if the people wouldn´t love to divide themselves, to fight each other instead of the roots of all evil.

That whole effing system is faulty, is corrupt and serves only the few ultra rich and anti-human money bags but fleeces us little people. It´s our own fault if we let it happen, tbh. We work and get all that tax money together the "elites" need to to subjugate us, how stupid are we?

How about a world wide general strike of the peasants to make clear who has the power of the masses and who not? How funny would it be if the bodyguards of the so called "elites" would go on a strike and everybody knew about it?

edit on 3 3 2023 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Or people just started telling these fruit loops no.

Two letters. One word.

Did you pay tax this year? No.

What will they do? Lock everybody up?

Fine everyone?

Print more money and embezzle it?

Their power comes from the simple equation, your time for their money.

They create it out of nothing and it costs your time for them to give it to you. Then they take it back as often and as arbitrarily as they can.

It’s all a dirty lie.
AC/DC

a reply to: DerBeobachter

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 07:28 AM
link   
There's been the usual panic buying of some salad in the UK due to a couple of supermarkets experiencing temporary supply issues on the back of cold weather in Spain/N Africa which UK suppliers have reduced winter production due to fuel cost - but otherwise no real food shortages here.

However ..... with more droughts expected in Europe this year, there's no doubt supply issues will continue to be an issue and since no-one listened to the "global warming alarmists" 20 years ago we are - globally - going to see more and more issues in the coming years.

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

There's been the usual panic buying of some salad in the UK

Therein lies a HUGE part of the problem. Panic buying salad for God's sake. Of all the things they could stock up on, they freak out over something easily grown in a small patch of dirt.

Same here in the US when the Corona virus was in full swing. Did they stock up on actual foods ? Of course not. They bought 500 rolls of toilet paper for a respiratory disease and whined because they couldn't go to Starbucks.
If there is an actual food shortage, people will panic buy their favorite cookies before they buy rice and beans.

Stupid will kill more than starvation.

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 07:47 AM
link   

As long as there are deer, elk and the wide variety of edible treats, the prepared will continue to eat which, if the conspiracy is correct, will lead to the opposite of what "they" want.

You are aware that if the entire population in the US ran out of actual food... on top of rioting and looting, you'd have a huge number of people killing any animal that moves. It won't take long for those animals to be over hunted to the point of huge population decline to outright extinction.

Everybody thinks you have to be some marine scout sniper to hunt and kill food, but in all reality its not that difficult.

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I consider myself an expert growing, that being said, I wouldn’t recommend relying on gardening/growing if times get crazy.

#1 I know in my area even in good times farmers/gardeners have had food stolen.
If things get really bad it will be almost impossible to guard your food all the time.

If you are forced to relocate or they bankrupt us all foraging will be 100000x more valuable.
OR having a skill you can easily barter for.

Don’t get me wrong, I am absolutely not saying don’t garden, I’m saying garden, but know things happen…

Massive earthquakes happen, toxic spills happen, being relocated happens!

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

If crap hits the fan, nothing on 4 legs will be left alive in a matter of weeks.... including most cats and dogs.

Came here to say this.

There are woods behind my house. In those woods lives one herd of about eight deer and one flock of about twenty turkeys. The second the fit hits the shan, Imma gonna go out back there with a big ol' can of gasoline and burn it all down. Can't have dumb, desperate rednecks shooting in every direction that close to my house. The deer and turkey I am sure will do what they always do and just slip deeper into woods farther away.

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: olddognewtrix007

When Covid hit every amateur hunter, forager, wanderer tried their hand at things.

My biggest problem with it (because I’m always encouraging people learning how to do those thing) is that people
From the city/suburbs have ZERO respect for private property.
It is soo maddening. I feel bad for my neighbors that have big farms, they have people walking in their corn field as if it is a public park!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92

There is the quote.

I don't know what to make of Ukrainian wheat news, one article I read claims the soil is toxic from bombing another (below) says it's business as usual just slightly lower yields.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

I love me some venison, my dad always managed to bag a deer or two a season

Shame it wrecks my thyroid

posted on Mar, 4 2023 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The same prion problem that is apparent in Deer and other animal populations starts with these so called hunters baiting deer and other animals with these suet blocks and or feed. The prions are in the feeders that these deer go to eat from. Mad Cow disease started as the result of farmers feeding their cows, what was essentially other cows. This Avian Bird Flu that they are talking about, has these birds being tested with the same faulty tests as Covid, that created the fear during the pandemic.

I know this because I did a lot of research and called people here in my state where a farm with 750,000 birds had all their birds confiscated LIVE. They aren’t destroying the birds. In some cases, these birds are carted off live, to be “disposed of” and they are likely being sent to China. China is dealing with its own internal strife right now, which is why this administration has been doing its bidding. All the oil that Hunter Biden sold to the Chinese, all the natural gas, all the nearly free food going to China, that’s to create problems here in the US.

The food shortages are about breaking the backs and the will of the people around the world, and the funniest things are going to come from this as a result. These actions are going to topple governments. a reply to: Tebus

posted on Mar, 4 2023 @ 08:38 AM
link   
No one mentions the restrictions on fertilizer? Outlawed farming methods toppled Sri Lanka. THe same restrictions they are attempting to impose on the Netherlands and Canada. The Netherlands, at least, is an important supplier of veg for much of Europe.

posted on Mar, 4 2023 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Ukraine has in some parts ten feet of black surface soil it is the richest soil in the world.No wonder they are fighting over it .

<< 1    3 >>

join