It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists identify corridor in Great Pyramid of Giza using cosmic rays

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 09:07 AM
link   

The corridor was “protecting or reducing the pressure on something beneath it,” said Mostafa Waziri, the secretary general of Egypt’s Supreme Council of Antiquities. He added that it might be or something else, but they would figure it out “very soon.”

The pyramid — also known as Khufu’s Pyramid — was built on the Giza plateau on the outskirts of Cairo by pharaoh Khufu, a 4th Dynasty pharaoh who reigned from 2509 to 2483 B.C.

“The discovery today tells us there is something important to be discovered soon under that tunnel, which could be the real burial chamber of Khufu,” Hawass said.

Link

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

That's very interesting. I truly doubt they will tell us what's in there. They likely already have been through everything on this. Or it will be like the Osiris tomb. They fenced it off and there was a military presence around it for a couple of weeks. Then they explained it was already cleaned out. Great info though. Thanks for posting this.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   

We are never going to know if Hawass has anything to do with it.

From the source:

In 2017, scientists using the same technique discovered what they said was the first major inner structure found in the pyramid since the 19th century, when they found a “void” or “cavity” called the Grand Gallery, one of a series of passageways and chambers.

It’s been 6 years already since the void was discovered. And we have a donut…

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   

It's all about acoustic properties.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Think what you want about what i am going to say but i know in my heart this to be true.

99% of ancient things were made to elevate/expand/inflate a mind under the influence of hallucinogens.

The real reason why society,religion and language were invented.

MicDrop.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   

No corpse was ever interred in the Great Pyramid let alone Khufu.

I have likened it to finding bridges hundreds of years from now and finding “Ozzy” painted on several and concluding that it is some kind of monument to a god names Ozzy!!

I think that either the power plant hypothesis is correct or it was an initiation device to the “Mysteries”.

The continuation of “burial tomb” is so passe that I can’t believe that it is said with a straight face.

This “chamber” or “shaft” is probably to relieve stress upon the entrance shaft below. THAT is some kind of genius planning to do so!

Cool find using cosmic rays (and muon decay)! And glad that the news was public and not some secret.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

The " Power Plant " Theory makes the Most Sense .

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Or an ark to survive something.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 03:29 PM
link   

This “chamber” or “shaft” is probably to relieve stress upon the entrance shaft below. THAT is some kind of genius planning to do so!
Yeah it says that in the OP...

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 03:51 PM
link   
All these years and they still have no idea about these things. Built way earlier than they think. Never located the ‘real’ chambers, only the false ones.

They would have to find Khufu in those chambers for me to believe the pyramids were tombs. Exciting though. Let’s hope they have the balls to look and reveal.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Cant seem to upload images but here is a direct link to a video of said corridor.
i.imgur.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 09:23 PM
link   

The corridor was “protecting or reducing the pressure on something beneath it,” said Mostafa Waziri, the secretary general of Egypt’s Supreme Council of Antiquities.

Lol so with Hawass out they admit there's something under there. They already knew this a long time ago, so it's highly unlikely anything Earth shattering still remains, they probably moved everything important years ago.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I think that either the power plant hypothesis is correct or it was an initiation device to the “Mysteries”.

According to some sources, the hypothesis of an initiation and healing device is to be considered, and in order to do just that it implies some form of power, though not your classic powerplant concept.

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Not really, there was literally nothing to 'power'? Also if the GP is a power plant what is G2 for and all the earlier pyramids?

One would also wonder why they would have built such a huge structure for such a 'plant' instead of a normal building....

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

The continuation of “burial tomb” is so passe that I can’t believe that it is said with a straight face.

The Egyptians named them using their symbol for tomb, go figure. So, why would they build these large structures on the west bank (in AE religions the west bank is that land of the dead.), why built it in a existing necropolis? Why bury other Pharaohs but then stop doing it just for the great pyramid era?

Oh a trick question how many tombs of Roman Emperors were found intact?

posted on Mar, 6 2023 @ 05:23 PM
link   
www.academia.edu...

Information from Keith Hamilton on the void with details of other similar structures found in other pyramids plus additional kool stuff.

html.scribdassets.com...
edit on 6/3/23 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2023 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Perhaps there is something behind the vertical stones or beneath floor? Those massive granite roof stones is what they use to relieve stress above chambers. Sure would be a lot of work to build this for nothing....

new topics

top topics

join