It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newbie looking for truth in a mad world.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Hi retired from the UK. Site reccomended by Sanity Checkers so here I am. Looking for relavent news that is truthful for issues affecting this mad world we live in. Hoping to learn lots here and also makie a few mates along the way.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: steve2512

You might not find the truth here, but you will find out how much we are being lied to about a lot of things.
Welcome to ATS.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Retired eh?

You lucky fish!

Welcome!

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS! Every post here is relevant to truth, and good for learning.
Friends and friendly acquaintances are easy to make here. Enjoy the journey.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: steve2512
Hi retired from the UK. Site reccomended by Sanity Checkers so here I am. Looking for relavent news that is truthful for issues affecting this mad world we live in. Hoping to learn lots here and also makie a few mates along the way.

Welcome and I agree with Sanity Checkers to take ATS with a grain of salt. I will checkout the redacted channel too. Thanks for the lead.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 07:30 AM
link   
If you are looking for truth, avoid:

* Those who think that the Covid-19 virus is "real"
* People who believe that the Ukraine-Russia conflict is "real"
* Trump supporters
* Demonrats (but they aren't around here, I guess they're busy becoming trans...)
* People talking about "leaving the matrix"
* Christians reading from the satanic book of revelations
* Promoters of mainstream media news (i.e., "the Chinese balloons")
* Flat earthers or Tartaria believers

These are people who like to lie to themselves.
Ignore them, and you'll be alright.

edit on 2-3-2023 by ltrz2025 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Site reccomended by Sanity Checkers

It's kinda true tho, ATS might play checkers with your sanity.

Have fun!

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I'm late to the welcoming party...

Enjoy your stay.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It can be a perilous journey with some of the holes that pop up at times. Trying to get to the truth about anything can be a challenge. There are some good strong facts that turn up at times to help with some bearings. A lot is in the grey zone with what passes through.

If you feel a bit lost and confused at times, that's fine. You are in good company as we all try to sort out the facts from the fiction. Hang in there.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Welcome....

Truth on the internet?

edit on 2-3-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: steve2512

Welcome, welcome!

I'm very glad you are here.

I hadn't been aware of Sanity Checkers, and going by what I saw from quintessentone's video clip, I was pleasantly surprised to see the host was genuine and not riddled with "anti-ATS bias." I was pleased to see him ask if his audience had experience with it, looking for input.

So often the "go to" description has been "conspiracy theory website" which is such a narrow way to describe ATS that it almost begs a defense to rise... I'm very accustomed to the programmatic description including the eye-roll and the verbal tone affectation about "one of THOSE websites" and here I saw a pleasant deviation from that old trope.

I hope you can indulge us into the future and come back here in a month, or a week even, and tell us if you found what you expected... And perhaps Sanity Checkers might appreciate learning of your discoveries about ATS. I am confident that if you search with sincerity, you will find the sincerity returned to you.

While it may be true that we have members who engage in discussions that others find too esoteric, or too fantastic, they also include some members who explore those ideas with a focus on reason, logic, and dispassionate analysis.

Sure, there are some who cling to hyperbolic expressions and can only regurgitate their disdain for such exploration, but we mostly have real conversations here...

I can only warn that if you find differing opinions stressful, if you want to find an echo chamber where none of your preconceptions are challenged, or if you are triggered when contradictions surface... be prepared to face some potential discomfort. Otherwise, you might find as I have, that sometimes the information here is so valuable and the considerations so robust, that I can't help but listen sagaciously, and think deeply about what I find here.

Like any social media platform, we have our share of caustic exchanges, but we keep the ignorance as low as possible, and the focus on debate is sincere. Some can't shake the bad habits of the "other" websites, with name-calling, personal attacks, and meme-heavy hyperbole... but that is NOT the norm here... you will see.

I would ask that if you are regular member of Sanity Checkers, invite them to inquire directly... It will be worth the effort.

Here you can be informed without being shamed for not knowing, where you can see how reason can be corrective, and not a social punishment, and if you are inclined, we welcome what you have to share with us... virtually everyone can speak here.

Soon, my esteemed friend JohnnAnonymous will be along with a post about the pertinent places to learn about the fundamentals of using ATS to full effect. Ask anyone, anytime, for any help you may need.

edit on 3/2/2023 by Maxmars because: grammar

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!
I don't post much, but what I like about ATS is the way everything gets picked apart, s it should.
It gives you lots of food for thought, and more tools to make your own conclusions...or sometimes leaves you even more confused.
I've been coming here pretty regularly for about 15 years.
When something major happens, this is one of my first stops for info.
Enjoy!

edit on 2-3-2023 by GroundZero because: format

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Dunno if youll find truth.

However youll likely find facts that make this "mad world" make a little more sense.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hi There " steve2512 ", and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community!

For now, you can reply to any thread in any of the forums of your choosing, as well as send & receive Private Messages (PM's) to Staff (only for now). Once you have achieved 5 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Here's some handy links, important must read links (and more links).

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read, we take these very seriously and so should you!).

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum A cornocopia of almost every thing a new ATS Freshman would want under one roof.

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice This section includes how to Contact Staff, make Alerts and help maintain the ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Great information as we want your thread to get the visibility it deserves, so make sure you've got great content backed-up with links (so we can see it for ourselves), and then add your thoughts on the subject matter.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS. Before you link a website in your post or thread, please read this.

How to upload an avatar/profile picture with instructions and so much more .

Uploading Pictures unto Post-2013 ATS, Serving up member's pictures and snapshots since the retooling of ATS back in 2013, and here's a little secret on your Picture uploads. Always make sure they 'end' with one of these three formats; jpg, gif, png... (a jpeg needs to be changed to .jpg to be accepted as only 3 letter formats are accepted).

Take your time and enjoy, ATS is a pretty large place

There's a lot of great spots to explore and share your comments in. Being this large it's safe to say that not everyone is going to agree with what you might say. And actually that's a good thing as this allows all voices, theories and ideas to come out for discussion.

But be aware that sometimes, people's conviction's can get the better of them and they might attack the person and not the subject being discussed. This is when the Terms & Conditions's (T&C's) are not only your friend but on your side too. If you feel someone has broken the "T&C's", then please notify us of 'their offense' immediately by using the complaint/alert feature, (located below the members Avatar/Meme). To report an offense, find the little "top-torso-person silhouette" then 'click-on' in their avatar/meme area, making sure the post that your wanting to alert staff about is where you click 'that alert' from. These reports are reviewed by staff as we take all complaints and Alerts seriously.

Some areas will require a thicker-skin for discussion and debating and they can get rather heated (in certain arenas). Other areas require you having an open-mind and a need to consider thoughts and theories that don't fit the 'norm'. If you like to tip-toe in to darker areas, you'll find 'like-minded' and curious members that are also into UFO's, the Paranormal, Cryptids and Conspiracies.

There's also places to just chill and cool-down from all the craziness and frustrations of this wild world. Whether it's showing off your artwork in Member Art, or sharing a piece of music you like or created in the Music forum. Maybe you'd like to toss in your "2 Cents" in the General Chit Chat forum.

If you like to read (and compose) good stories, there's a few places for the "mighty fine creative minds" of ATS to hang out at.... including one my favorites the "Short Stories" forum.

And finally... remember these words as "you" are responsible for "your" posts, so please..... " Post unto others as you would have them post unto you ! "

Johnny Anonymous,
Staff-Moderator.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 08:14 PM
link   

That IS your 1st "Truth". The world is "MAD." (Sometimes, we're not far off but hey....!)

Welcome

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Hi there!

Truth……Clam Cakes Rule #2, just under Fish n Chips.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Zoom in on the last guys tattoo if you want truth.

What’s the truth you see?

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 08:36 AM
link   
oh my! wat happin?

SORRY!!!

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: double

link   
stuck key, i think….

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: triple>>>>>>ugh!

link   
quad

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join