It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychosis - Humanity's biggest hurdle

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Untun
a reply to: 19Bones79

I'm speaking as one pretty shattered in personality sometimes with the urge to write things down.

Shattered in one's personality is different than having two or multiple personalities that cause a mental disorder, being intellectually or mentally divided on thoughts is either sitting on the fence or just not knowing the answer, which means you need to take a stand, choose your truth. Psychosis is a mental disorder which causes a disconnect from reality through thoughts and emotions

So one person's psychosis is another's truth or belief, especially in religion.
edit on q00000039331America/Chicago3030America/Chicago3 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BeNotAfraid

So, not addressing the OP at all.

Bless your heart.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

I was hoping a 5th grader like you could maybe understand the moral conundrum outlined in the OP.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 10:07 AM
link   

That’s not how the gay verse goes in the original Greek. Believe me, it’s my fatherland/mother tongue

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

It would be cool if you could post a translation of the Greek version.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Don't sweat their psychosis. I used bible quotes, pop-culture quotes, and was blunt.
Drop it like it's not.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Strange you think aliens would look at us through your moral lenses. It would make more sense they would look at us through the morality of say ants or squid’s.

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

I was hoping a 5th grader like you could maybe understand the moral conundrum outlined in the OP.

OFcourse i do bro... who doesn't? You're questions are legit. However, you are essentially doing a critical analysis based on your 5 senses perception, of a supposed omnipotent god that (according to scripture) you are nothing but a creation thereof, all the while trying to interpret/analyze the scared text (Torah) that, to begin with, you are reading in a misinterpreted/inaccurate translation ofso essentially your entire understanding or argument is logically flawed and invalid to begin with.

This is why you come to the false conclusions you come to. Its not just you, its pretty much anyone who fails to comprehend the history of corruption that has gone into tryin to destroy the Jews. Translated from Greek to LAtin to English. With each translation came furhter corruptions and false definitions to suit the Church.

So if you are serious about analysis, do it properly, because atm youre just deceiving yourself, whether you're aware of it or not!

P.s. I wasnt trying to offend, I was literally saying that orthodox jews pretty much have all the questions you asked covered by the age 9 or 10. This is easy homework level bro. It is not ok that adults in modern society still are stuck on these issues. We could go into the true understanding of these issues, but i feel its more important to first highlight the reason that the bias in your agenda exists. Because what you know as the translated bible, doesnt make sense, you have to read the commentary of those who study the original hebrew from the perspective of a person who lived 3300 years ago.

And it a real shame because in a few centuries, humanity will realize this entire time they had the keys to a type 1 civilization all along, in the text of the Torah.

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Everybody keeps saying it's the translation... it's the translation...

So I put forward a simple challenge.

Come with the original text, and translate it the way it was intended.

Anyone care to do that with the two verses posted in the OP?

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Try reading the verses as if they were written in a comic book, maybe it would make you capable of picking your life up again.

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 08:40 PM
link   

a reply to: TzarChasm

You might be saying to stick to the idea of being a consumer of air that eventually becomes food for worms.

Why is that so awful. The only complaining I hear is from the people who haven't died yet. Seems they should try it first.

posted on Mar, 4 2023 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

a reply to: TzarChasm

You might be saying to stick to the idea of being a consumer of air that eventually becomes food for worms.

Why is that so awful. The only complaining I hear is from the people who haven't died yet. Seems they should try it first.

Once that settles down this won't be so much a fight anymore.

posted on Mar, 4 2023 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Everybody keeps saying it's the translation... it's the translation...

So I put forward a simple challenge.

Come with the original text, and translate it the way it was intended.

Anyone care to do that with the two verses posted in the OP?

You can check the countless real orthodox ( not reform/or any other type of bs) Rabbinical websites eg. Torah.com, Chabad etc..... do your own homework. Its not translation only bro, dont try to simplify. Without the commentary even the translation wont help.
Furthermore the commentary is deeply logical and contextually coherent, therefore everything tied to everything else within Torah. It is hard to learn one thing without having to know other things.

But... this is where your cognitive dissonance will shut you down. So just do wateva gives you emotional gratification bro. Read the translation, ignore 2000+ years of learned scholarly, contextually cohesive commentary (that leaves no question unanswered), interpret it yourself lol, and think what you like to think. Ive said my piece!

posted on Mar, 4 2023 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Well mostly because it's the not so religious who are humanists. Because liberty means we don't speak as one.
If you look closely you'll find everywhere religious conservatists are everywhere territorial, for law & order, traditional hierarchies...

So... the psychosis is imho because people are stuck in their development in an infantile state of needing, wanting, even demanding a parental figure, if possible an almighty one which declares them their favorite.
Which is kind of the number 1 reason people turn to the supernatural in general.
Personally I have sympathy for that simply because the other side of that coin is a dark empty abyss of the realisation how meaningless and empty the human experience is.
So I think a big but neglected aspect of our spiritual needs is the wish to connect, but as with everything: what you're aiming for is often heavily influenced.
Right?
So in ancient times we were more open about it: religion and the adressee of your libations etc was the Imperial Family.
Especially in our adolescent stage that's a human thing: seeking someone to adore.
There's a whole business around that, exploiting this ... where the real psychosis lives if you ask me.
'In my image...' should convince everybody how corrupted all our religions are, because it keeps us mentally grounded in this humans worshipping humans dead end.

But you wrote a real thinker there.
I don't agree obviously, I never do.
Still something interesting one doesn't explore, without you leading the way.

posted on Mar, 4 2023 @ 09:57 AM
link   

You got nothing then.

Got it.

posted on Mar, 4 2023 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

But you wrote a real thinker there.

Don't you find it odd that a non-believer has more complex thoughts about faith than a person who is apparently 100% invested in it?

I find that odd.

posted on Mar, 4 2023 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Not necessarily no.
I also wouldn't call it 'more complex' just from a different perspective.
Also: you're not a parrot religious or not, most people are parrots, they learned that one thing that one time and never look anywhere but that one source. Which is obviously coming with limitations. But it feels good I assume, a security that one is right independent thinkers never achieve.

posted on Mar, 4 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Shame on you for calling them complex parrots within the space of two sentences.

I have the same morals and I had the same faith until that faith clashed with the morals it instilled.

edit on 4-3-2023 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 07:10 AM
link   

You got nothing then.

Got it.

Dear child, I provided you web sources that will last 5 lifetimes.... it aint nothing! You obviously arent on ATS to debate, just throw childish comebacks for all to see! What a joke!

posted on Mar, 5 2023 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Keep the commandments as best you can and read the New Testament. Accept Jesus Christ and renounce sin (this seems to be the difficult part these days).

Sin and Iniquity: Haven't you noticed that when a society accepts disgusting sinful crap that it constantly gets worse and worse, and worse? Sin loves company, those who live in iniquity persuade and recruit others into their sick perversions. It is a cycle that always ends the same way.... Destruction.

Immorality & Iniquity lead to destruction. Say that 10 times because it is true.

When a society no longer can tell the difference between right and wrong or worse, a society embraces sick sinful crap as normal and hates morality and truth, you will have destruction.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join