It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychosis - Humanity's biggest hurdle

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Why does the western world (mainly Christian) fight and die in the name of democracy and freedom when spiritually they are aligned with despotism and submission?

Real world - gay people are killed in middle eastern countries and women are stoned if they go against the perceived laws of God.

The Western world (mainly Christian) is horrified.

The same people obtain their beliefs from a book we know as the Bible.

According to them, it is the truth, the way, the word of God.

God, to them, is flawless.

The same people will tell you that actions speak louder than words, but can we bring these two viewpoints together?

Leviticus 20:13

13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

These are the words of a deity commonly described as love as in God is love.

Pick any country the west(Christians) has gone to war with.

Let's use Germany as an example.

Would the soldiers risking their lives for freedom and democracy have gone there to kill every man, women and child and their animals for the glory of their God?

No, that idea is repulsive they would say! Only a monster behaves like that.

Except...

2 Samuel 15:3

Now go and smite Amalek and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.’”

Switch from evil face to religious face.

That is different!, they say. Reason this. Reason that. So on so forth. God is good.

Ours is not to reason why, ours is but to do or die.

And so they do, and so they die.

And they consider this the height of human awareness and all that is holy.

The world is enslaved mentally and spiritually and financially.

We look at our chains and exclaim how shiny they are.

Any alien beings looking down on us must think we as human beings have suffered too much collective trauma our brains can both celebrate and reject the same concept at once.

How lowly they must think of our development.

How would they not engage with us in a manner akin to a doctor speaking with a mental patient?

Do you believe in absolutes? Yes you do.

Do you reject the same behavior you excuse in your book? Yes you do.

If the Abrahamic God is an unchanging force, you worship that which you morally condemn in other situations.

If he is able to change, then he did not possess ultimate wisdom initially and life was a learning curve for him.

Or perhaps he is a manmade construct that became more civilized as society went from ancient times to modern day Christianity.

Which instantly dissolves Islam and Judaism as made up constructs to create a psychosis in humans in order to control them through predictability.

Isn't it time we grew up and start the healing process?

For the children?

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 10:21 PM
link   
God was a little more believable when he/she/it or the angels were doing the dirty work IMO.
edit on 727stk23 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

More fallible as well.

The secular world didn't take the belief I held as a child, reading the Bible did.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 12:38 AM
link   
What is the right thing to do for one person can differ from what another think is the right thing to do.

Some do not lie with mankind, others do not kill people who lie with mankind.

When God is wrong you could try and ask your neighbor for advice.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Untun

When God is wrong the concept of a supreme being as envisioned by the abrahamic religions is flawed.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

Are you saying God is wrong or God is right with the OP?

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 12:59 AM
link   

No offense, but how do you not know?

Perhaps a language barrier?

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Ok, you can't confirm the answer.

Some advice. You're way too much entangled in preserving your prideful self.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Consider myself put in place.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I'd like to add a little something.

Reading the Bible one could come up with the conclusion a ruling force of reality is decisive on whether people live or die. Finding favor of this force could result in a better life, but as the Bible mentions one person God was very fond He took to Himself, meaning He aborted his life on earth to take him to Himself.

The Bible wants to state existence on earth is not the end station but rather a place to leave, that God is more important than your life on earth. On earth you can only make the best of it, with God you only have the best. That's what the Bible tries to tell.

Is it true? I guess that's up to us to find out. In what manner should we value our existence on earth really? Is it really the only place that exists where we end up rotting in the soil or can comfort really be found somewhere?

What is there really to learn here.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Wow. That IS impressive.

Are you speaking as one filled with the Holy Ghost or did you come up with that on your own?

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 02:21 AM
link   

I'm speaking as one pretty shattered in personality sometimes with the urge to write things down.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Well I don't know your situation but I mean it when I say take care of yourself.

edit on 2-3-2023 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79
Why does the western world (mainly Christian) fight and die in the name of democracy and freedom when spiritually they are aligned with despotism and submission?

Real world - gay people are killed in middle eastern countries and women are stoned if they go against the perceived laws of God.

The Western world (mainly Christian) is horrified.

The same people obtain their beliefs from a book we know as the Bible.

According to them, it is the truth, the way, the word of God.

God, to them, is flawless.

The same people will tell you that actions speak louder than words, but can we bring these two viewpoints together?

Leviticus 20:13

13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

These are the words of a deity commonly described as love as in God is love.

Pick any country the west(Christians) has gone to war with.

Let's use Germany as an example.

Would the soldiers risking their lives for freedom and democracy have gone there to kill every man, women and child and their animals for the glory of their God?

No, that idea is repulsive they would say! Only a monster behaves like that.

Except...

2 Samuel 15:3

Now go and smite Amalek and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.’”

Switch from evil face to religious face.

That is different!, they say. Reason this. Reason that. So on so forth. God is good.

Ours is not to reason why, ours is but to do or die.

And so they do, and so they die.

And they consider this the height of human awareness and all that is holy.

The world is enslaved mentally and spiritually and financially.

We look at our chains and exclaim how shiny they are.

Any alien beings looking down on us must think we as human beings have suffered too much collective trauma our brains can both celebrate and reject the same concept at once.

How lowly they must think of our development.

How would they not engage with us in a manner akin to a doctor speaking with a mental patient?

Do you believe in absolutes? Yes you do.

Do you reject the same behavior you excuse in your book? Yes you do.

If the Abrahamic God is an unchanging force, you worship that which you morally condemn in other situations.

If he is able to change, then he did not possess ultimate wisdom initially and life was a learning curve for him.

Or perhaps he is a manmade construct that became more civilized as society went from ancient times to modern day Christianity.

Which instantly dissolves Islam and Judaism as made up constructs to create a psychosis in humans in order to control them through predictability.

Isn't it time we grew up and start the healing process?

For the children?

yeah,
we kinda moved on from that stuff.

imagine what the snowflake cancel culture would be like back then.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

Cancel culture in OT times was quite the event.

Everybody who was anybody was invited to participate.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Good point.

When everybody takes care of themselves and others no time is wasted on war.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Your complaint reminds me of two popular verses: Acts 13:40-41, and Matthew 7:21-23... Okay, fine, I'll copy/paste it here:

(concerning you)
40 Therefore take heed, so that the thing spoken of in the Prophets may not come upon you:
41 ‘Behold, you scoffers, and marvel, and perish; For I am accomplishing a work in your days,
A work which you will never believe, though someone should describe it to you.’”

and...(concerning your concern about Christians)

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many [n]miracles?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’

That should be enough for the contemplative to "overstand", but I can blab here.

Let the ancient alien gods worry about their worshipers on their own spectrum, hahaha.
Even with your post, you're not concerned with the religious people's psychosis. You can't charge them for dialectic or pharmakeia treats.

Have you asked your local heathen Asatru viking norsemen people why they did not sack Marvel Studios over Heimdall?

The Christians, Adam to Judas to weird people such as myself, have chosen "The Christ".
Man, have I tried to get away from this Christian thing my whole life lol
But anti-Christ types seem so... damned
unsatisfied with the mundane.
"Not enough sanity, AND not enough psychosis acceptance. Not enough peace. Not enough war. Not enough entertainment. Not enough imagination awards. Not enough poo posting. Not enough power. Not enough adrenochro- I mean, submission."

"Do or do not, there is no try." - a muppet to a professional puppet

edit on 322323 by BeNotAfraid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 07:13 AM
link   

This is 4th grader level arguments. Do yourself a favour and enjoy life, philosophy/theology obviously aint your thing!

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Untun

I'd like to add a little something.

Reading the Bible one could come up with the conclusion a ruling force of reality is decisive on whether people live or die. Finding favor of this force could result in a better life, but as the Bible mentions one person God was very fond He took to Himself, meaning He aborted his life on earth to take him to Himself.

The Bible wants to state existence on earth is not the end station but rather a place to leave, that God is more important than your life on earth. On earth you can only make the best of it, with God you only have the best. That's what the Bible tries to tell.

Is it true? I guess that's up to us to find out. In what manner should we value our existence on earth really? Is it really the only place that exists where we end up rotting in the soil or can comfort really be found somewhere?

What is there really to learn here.

Paradise is the psychosis. That's what you want to learn here.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

You might be saying to stick to the idea of being a consumer of air that eventually becomes food for worms.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join