It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Strange in the sky

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Edit to add: you can SEE the Time stamp on my phone when i took the pics, the planets Venus and Jupiter arent suppose to be that high in the sky at that time

Saw this here outside Boise and thought it was a plane coming in to land , until i went into the store and came back out and it was still there.

It got darker and I still didnt recognize it.

Pulled up my Stellarium app and there was nothing identifiable by the app, and Venus is much farther down and away than this thing in the sky

I got a message from a friend in Cali that took a pic seeing the same thing.

I went back out and now I have no visual of it and neither does my friend in Cali

Time was about 830pm at about 45 degrees

According to Stellarium from where I am Jupiter and Venus are much much lower on the horizon than these two are/were especially at the time they were seen

edit on 3/1/2023 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Venus and Jupiter
It should have come up in your app.
My buddy just called me from Idaho and he was talking about it, at first he thought it was UFOs.
edit on 1-3-2023 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Venus and Jupiter
It should have come up in your app.
My buddy just called me from Idaho and he was talking about it, at first he thought it was UFOs.

According to my app Venus and Jupiter are barely even above the horizon at that time of night

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 10:21 PM
link   

It's Venus and Jupiter. Lots of people have thought it was something weird, but it's just the two planets.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It's Venus and Jupiter. Lots of people have thought it was something weird, but it's just the two planets.

Thats odd like i said i believe yall who know so much more than I do but the real time app from where I am standing right now says theyre JUST coming over the horizon and this is/was much much higher and as of 10 min ago its/theyre gone

Ill take yalls word for it though

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Saw this myself tonight, same as you I thought it was a plane, but it stayed stationary. I must say it was exactly like the photo, with the right side being brighter than the left. My vote is for planets. Kind of cool though, I never noticed a “twin” in that area of the sky before.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Topcraft

It’s a conjunction between Venus and Jupiter.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Topcraft

It’s a conjunction between Venus and Jupiter.

I read that book.

Gonna go start a Witcher school now.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 11:16 PM
link   
If you're into astrology this is probably hot # right now.

I saw an article on CNN about two planets kissing as they put it. I didn't click on it though.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 11:21 PM
link   
It was also seen in Russia and Ukraine from the twitter reports i had seen.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Interesting. I saw the same thing this evening and too thought it odd because I have been watching them for days and never saw them that close together, or in that position in the sky at that time.

I am in South Florida, looks like we saw the same thing around the same time, and had the same reaction.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

What time does thing appear?

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Interesting. I saw the same thing this evening and too thought it odd because I have been watching them for days and never saw them that close together, or in that position in the sky at that time.

I am in South Florida, looks like we saw the same thing around the same time, and had the same reaction.

Exactly yeah, according to Everyone they say its Jupiter and Venus, but again, I wasnt aware they were visible at that time of early evening, and ive tried to find them again and cant

My app shows them not anywhere near where I saw them tonihgt , but the media and everyone else says thats what it is so who knows.....

Im not an astronomer lol i just google and use Stellarium and Star Walk

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Really bright for some reason, are the orbits closer to us this time of year? Could be viewing conditions too I guess.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Stellarium is very good, but unless you get the viewing distance exactly right the apparent heights of objects above the horizon can be deceptive.

If you click on on an object it should tell you the angle above horizontal, which would help.

But yeah, Jupiter and Venus.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Funny, I saw them last night, about 8 pm, as we had a freak thing happen at work, so I had to go into town, otherwise I would not have seen them. Hubby pointed them out as we were driving.

Then I get almost home at 20 after, and my friend calls, who lives in Lansing, and asks me if I see the weird lights in the sky. LOL

I knew what it was, only because there was a video on here yesterday, explaining that there will be like 5 conjuctures within a week or 2 of planets, and predicting that they were going to cause an earthquake, as big or bigger than the one in Turkey.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I suspected they were Jupiter and Venus. I have been watching them for several days now.

I too was surprised at their position, which was so different from the night before.

I mean their position was way off. The closeness, the size, their brightness, was so different from just the night before, that it did indeed give me pause, and a , "What the heck!", moment.

edit on 2-3-2023 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Same as the others. I thought it was very strange to see them positioned there. How did they move so fast on the astrolabe? It's just their orbit speed. But if you adjust your imaging app settings on the still photo, you can also see that it was not a TR3B. This time.

Good venture, though.

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I've been watching this the past two nights, wasn't until last night that I came to the conclusion of Jupiter and Venus. However, Yesterday when I saw it it was still sunset, no other visible stars other then these two planets, which struck me as odd being how bright they were at the time. roughly 530pm central time (Midwest)

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Planetary conjuction. Period, jesus this has been all over science news for a WEEK already, well known & anticipated conjuction.

Software is not the Be All, End All to skywatching, I default to Hand & Finger degree measuring still. #'s where my fist & Pinky says it should be, so Solarium is likely off.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join