It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The climate change agenda will probably lead to UBI and total control by the elites.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I had a thought when I read the 15 minute city post here earlier and some of the comments got me thinking. The elite's endgame is total control via the climate change agenda. It encompasses everything from food to cars to houses and manufacturing. Anything can be a cause of climate change, really. Here is the UN's list of things that cause climate change.

Generating power

Generating electricity and heat by burning fossil fuels causes a large chunk of global emissions. Most electricity is still generated by burning coal, oil, or gas, which produces carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide – powerful greenhouse gases that blanket the Earth and trap the sun’s heat. Globally, a bit more than a quarter of electricity comes from wind, solar and other renewable sources which, as opposed to fossil fuels, emit little to no greenhouse gases or pollutants into the air.

Manufacturing goods

Manufacturing and industry produce emissions, mostly from burning fossil fuels to produce energy for making things like cement, iron, steel, electronics, plastics, clothes, and other goods. Mining and other industrial processes also release gases, as does the construction industry. Machines used in the manufacturing process often run on coal, oil, or gas; and some materials, like plastics, are made from chemicals sourced from fossil fuels. The manufacturing industry is one of the largest contributors to greenhouse gas emissions worldwide.

Cutting down forests

Cutting down forests to create farms or pastures, or for other reasons, causes emissions, since trees, when they are cut, release the carbon they have been storing. Each year approximately 12 million hectares of forest are destroyed. Since forests absorb carbon dioxide, destroying them also limits nature’s ability to keep emissions out of the atmosphere. Deforestation, together with agriculture and other land use changes, is responsible for roughly a quarter of global greenhouse gas emissions.

Using transportation

Most cars, trucks, ships, and planes run on fossil fuels. That makes transportation a major contributor of greenhouse gases, especially carbon-dioxide emissions. Road vehicles account for the largest part, due to the combustion of petroleum-based products, like gasoline, in internal combustion engines. But emissions from ships and planes continue to grow. Transport accounts for nearly one quarter of global energy-related carbon-dioxide emissions. And trends point to a significant increase in energy use for transport over the coming years.

Producing food

Producing food causes emissions of carbon dioxide, methane, and other greenhouse gases in various ways, including through deforestation and clearing of land for agriculture and grazing, digestion by cows and sheep, the production and use of fertilizers and manure for growing crops, and the use of energy to run farm equipment or fishing boats, usually with fossil fuels. All this makes food production a major contributor to climate change. And greenhouse gas emissions also come from packaging and distributing food.

Powering buildings

Globally, residential and commercial buildings consume over half of all electricity. As they continue to draw on coal, oil, and natural gas for heating and cooling, they emit significant quantities of greenhouse gas emissions. Growing energy demand for heating and cooling, with rising air-conditioner ownership, as well as increased electricity consumption for lighting, appliances, and connected devices, has contributed to a rise in energy-related carbon-dioxide emissions from buildings in recent years.

Consuming too much

Your home and use of power, how you move around, what you eat and how much you throw away all contribute to greenhouse gas emissions. So does the consumption of goods such as clothing, electronics, and plastics. A large chunk of global greenhouse gas emissions are linked to private households. Our lifestyles have a profound impact on our planet. The wealthiest bear the greatest responsibility: the richest 1 per cent of the global population combined account for more greenhouse gas emissions than the poorest 50 per cent.

www.un.org...

Whether these things do or do not cause climate change is not the point of my post.

The point is how do you control most people? With money. What happens when the elites complete the 15 minute city plan across America. Many fewer automotive related jobs because many fewer cars. About 4.1 million people in America work in the automotive industry in some capacity.

In 2020, the U.S. automotive industry contributed 3% to the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP).2 That’s $627 billion out of the total $20.93 trillion U.S GDP for that year between vehicle manufacturing and sales. On average, the industry employed 4.1 million people in the United States, as of Q1 2021

www.thebalancemoney.com...

Just because the automobile seems to be the target of the elites right now in their quest to "stop climate change" with their 15 minute cities eliminating the need for cars that doesn't mean they won't target farms and electricity and manufacturing and our consumption of goods. So what happens when a not small number of people lose their jobs due to working in sectors that contribute to climate change.

Don't worry. The elites have a plan. First, many will be employed in the insect farms and processing plants after they replace meat due to global warming, but also here comes the moment we've all been waiting for, UBI and government housing, high occupancy apartments.Total control. They create the money, they control the money. They control us.
edit on 1-3-2023 by Antimony because: typo.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Did you see the new progressive snapshot commercial?

The one where Flo's line is: save a ton of money by safe driving and Driving Less.

I think it proves your point.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I think they had better start adjusting the narrative. Some people are seeing a cooling trend coming, and that would not play into the narrative at all. Fudging the numbers won't be possible with everyone watching.

If that starts to materialize, I'd say look for angry fear mongering to ratchet up quite a few notches.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Antimony
You forgot smart-meters. "Wrong" opinion, not on line wit the regime? "Climate damaging" behavior?
Only two hours of electricity for twice the price for you this month!

Or smart cars, can´t pay the rate this month?
The car will not work until you pay!

This morning watched the TV news and had a good laugh. One of the reporters was at a trade fair for smart supermarkets. He wanted to demonstrate how convenient and great all smart BS is. He wanted to start with getting a shopping cart. Here in Germany you have to put a coin into the lock of the carts to get one. He said: "We all know the problem, you want to buy something and need a shopping cart but don´t have a coin (50 Cent, a 1 Euro coin or one these especially made for this problem plastic coins you get for free everywhere). But look here, now you just have to take your smartphone and put it here and.. and... and... normally that works but let´s go into the market now"...

I had to laugh so hard. Inside they showed how these "smart" shopping carts work, that they have a scale and cams and know what you take and how much weight it has. Sure, i am forced to believe that everything with weight and price is ok because a "smart" shopping cart says so? I am sorry but i only trust myself and even that only to 90%. Such wannabe sci-fi supermarkets will be robbed anyway, in the USA people meanwhile don´t care anymore even if there are employees, they take what they want and leave without paying, in front of everybody else eyes. And they get away with it. Such a "smart" supermarket is like an invitation for everyone to wear a mask, leave the phone at home and get what you want there.

Let these megalomaniacs try to make everything "smart" in hope to subjugate us, it will only end in chaos and i will even have more to laugh about, my "smart" fellow citizens who will die if they can´t charge their spyPhone for an hour.
Cheers

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   
"Total control by the elites" has been a verifiable fact for thousands of years now (i.e., the founding fathers of the USA were all Freemasons). Yes, UBI is practically inevitable, machines will replace 70% to 80% of the jobs out there.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

The one where Flo's line is: save a ton of money by safe driving and Driving Less.

Flo can kiss my butt. I didn't buy and restore a 1980 450SL pay the registration, Insurance and speeding tickets, to not drive it. I drive it just for the pleasure of driving a classic down the road. If God didn't want us to drive around in gas guzzlers; he wouldn't have invented them.

But the climate seems to be getting much more extreme all over the planet. I'd like to be a storm chaser in my ride.

edit on 1-3-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   

In the meantime, they lock you in by limiting your ability to fly, or travel by train. So staying home becomes the only option.

For the last month, every time my Mother turns on the news they are talking about a train derailment or collision some where.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Flo can kiss my butt. I didn't buy and restore a 1980 450SL to not drive it. I drive it just for the pleasure of driving a classic down the road. If God didn't want us to drive around in gas guzzlers; he wouldn't have invented them.

But the climate seems to be getting much more extreme all over the planet.

Suspicious Observer has been warning us and explaining what has been going on in the camp for a long time.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

'The one where Flo's line is: save a ton of money by safe driving and Driving Less.'

So....does that mean 'they' will be lowering our insurance rates ?

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   
any good will the estab;isahment is being lost by the day.. at this point this iteration of society is olost, time to bye bye to progressive liberalism as they did in 1923 to progressive new liberalism..

we are on a 100 year cycle by the looks of things..

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Antimony

You've only just figured this out?

Better late than never I guess.

Thanks for posting anyway. The more people see through this tyranny, the better.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw
any good will the estab;isahment is being lost by the day.. at this point this iteration of society is olost, time to bye bye to progressive liberalism as they did in 1923 to progressive new liberalism..

we are on a 100 year cycle by the looks of things..

Not long until the firing squads turn up in my estimation.

They told us 2030. I found it impossible to fathom ten years ago.

Now it feels like a given.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Reagan told us the most dangerous words in the English language are "I'm from the government and I'm here to help". Though he was known to have a keen sense of humor, it's obvious he wasn't joking.

People think the things our government does makes no sense until they realize what the big picture is; then it makes complete sense.

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Mind you in order to qualify for this you will need to get this Identifying mark on your hand or forehead, nothing to see here, not at all!!

posted on Mar, 1 2023 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

But the climate seems to be getting much more extreme all over the planet.

Suspicious Observer has been warning us and explaining what has been going on in the camp for a long time,

the 'climate' is not changing .... the earths' Goldilocks era ended and the Age-of-the-Signs began.... all of Earths Systems are collapsing, i,e, air currents/ water currents/geology forces/ magnetosphere, inner & outer Core and Mantle Zone / hundreds of volcanos...the list-of-signs can be found in Matthew 24....Natural systems go haywire and Civilisation breaks-down (entropy)

thats hardly climate change...especially when 200 pound chunks of comet debris/ ice-&-rock pummels Earth

edit on st31167773009701082023 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2023 @ 01:21 AM
link   
originally posted by: Antimony

Our lifestyles have a profound impact on our planet. The wealthiest bear the greatest responsibility: the richest 1 per cent of the global population combined account for more greenhouse gas emissions than the poorest 50 per cent.

Funny how those whom consume the most want to restrict those whom , collectively , consume only a fraction!! So enraging

edit on 2-3-2023 by ancientlight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join